Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting line 85: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"' Post 302323390 by glen.barber on Sunday 7th of June 2009 12:38:51 PM
Old 06-07-2009
You could have an open backtick (`) statement earlier in the code (or earlier in the logic).

Without seeing all of the code, it's difficult to know for certain.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

"unexpected end of file" when I´m use EOF inside block if

I have a trouble in my script when i use EOF inside block if. If i use EOF whitout block if I don´t have problem. Guys any ideas? Sorry for my terrible English. #!/bin/sh set -xv HOST='ftp.fiction.com.br' USER='fictionuser' PASS='fictionpass' FILE='ftpteste.txt' busca=`find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricardo.ludwig
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'

Hi everyone, I am trying to search for a string in a file that is partly made up of a variable. Here's the code: echo "parentCategory = $parentCategory" echo "parentCategoryFormatted = $parentCategoryFormatted" numUrlsFoundInParentCategory=`grep -c "<Topic r:id=\"Top\/World\/Français\/"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BlueberryPickle
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

EOF Usage - line 56: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Below is a test script I'm writing in the process of learning to write script. When I try to run it I get an unexpected end of file error on line 56. Thoughts? SCRIPT: #!/bin/bash # system_page - A script to produce a system information HTML file ##### Constants TITLE="My System... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpercy725
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

eof unexpected while looking[...]

Hello I use opensuse build service to build packages (oh surprise !) I have integrate a command in a spec whose worked and now this exit with: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"' Command: if \.").mk ]; then ln -s $(pwd)/mozilla/security/coreconf/Linux2.6.mk \ ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: posophe
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'

I have a piece of Linux script. It tells me some syntax error. I couldn't find it. Please help me to identify them. Thanks. The code looks like this: export ORACLE_SID=MYDB export SPW=`cat /opt/oracle/scripts/.sys_pw_$ORACLE_SID` export check_arch=`sqlplus -s << EOF / as sysdba... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to resolve unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"' error

Hi, can someone kindly look into my copy script and figure out why am i getting a "unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"' error message #!/bin/ksh -x cd /home/goldenga/test/flag37 if ; then rm copied.ok cd /home/goldenga/test Upper=`ls -t|grep 'qw*'|cut -d "w" -f 2|head... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NDalal007
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected EOF while loooking for matching '"

Hi everyone, I'm really new in shell scripting and having trouble resolving this error. Can someone please tell me why I'm getting these errors? Error Message: ./test.sh: line 50: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `'' ./test.sh: line 53: syntax error: unexpected end of file ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simonirang
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected EOF while looking for matching `'' when ran from a cron job

Since cPanel does not support deleting emails older then X amount of days I am using the following on a Cron Job. find -P /home/user/mail/domain/ -mindepth 2 -mtime '+366' -type f -printf '"%p"\n' | grep -v '/Important' | grep -v '/.Important' | xargs -I {} rm -r "{}" Executing it via SSH... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiagom
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

In awk: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'

I am trying to get grep with awk command into variable. But facing error. Could someone pls help. $ cat test_file DEPLOYMENT="abc" # com cluster="bcn" $ grep DEPLOYMENT test_file | awk -F "\"" '{ print $2 }' abc $ a=`echo "grep DEPLOYMENT test_file | awk -F \"\\\"\" '{ print $2 }'"` ;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manasa Pradeep
6 Replies

10. SCO

"Unexpected EOF within #IF, #ifdef or #ifndef" error when rebuilding / relinking SCO OpenServer 5

Hi, I am a new Unix Guru with very little experience but have the task of P2Ving an old HP Proliant ML370 G5 server to VMware ESX 4.1 or ESXi 5.5. System seems to boots fine but when trying to remove HP software, configure TCP/IP or a driver, I am receiving: -------- ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dj_Italian
7 Replies
PCAP_DUMP_OPEN(3PCAP)													     PCAP_DUMP_OPEN(3PCAP)

NAME
pcap_dump_open, pcap_dump_fopen - open a file to which to write packets SYNOPSIS
#include <pcap/pcap.h> pcap_dumper_t *pcap_dump_open(pcap_t *p, const char *fname); pcap_dumper_t *pcap_dump_fopen(pcap_t *p, FILE *fp); DESCRIPTION
pcap_dump_open() is called to open a ``savefile'' for writing. fname specifies the name of the file to open. The file will have the same format as those used by tcpdump(1) and tcpslice(1). The name "-" in a synonym for stdout. pcap_dump_fopen() is called to write data to an existing open stream fp. Note that on Windows, that stream should be opened in binary mode. p is a capture or ``savefile'' handle returned by an earlier call to pcap_create() and activated by an earlier call to pcap_activate(), or returned by an earlier call to pcap_open_offline(), pcap_open_live(), or pcap_open_dead(). The link-layer type and snapshot length from p are used as the link-layer type and snapshot length of the output file. RETURN VALUES
A pointer to a pcap_dumper_t structure to use in subsequent pcap_dump() and pcap_dump_close() calls is returned on success. NULL is returned on failure. If NULL is returned, pcap_geterr(p) can be used to get the error text. SEE ALSO
pcap(3PCAP), pcap_create(3PCAP), pcap_activate(3PCAP), pcap_open_offline(3PCAP), pcap_open_live(3PCAP), pcap_open_dead(3PCAP), pcap_dump(3PCAP), pcap_dump_close(3PCAP), pcap_geterr(3PCAP), pcap-savefile(5@) 5 April 2008 PCAP_DUMP_OPEN(3PCAP)