Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: format df -k output
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users format df -k output Post 302323311 by Franklin52 on Saturday 6th of June 2009 12:48:25 PM
Old 06-06-2009
Replace the spaces with tabs with the tr command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls output format

below is the output is ls -l -rw-r--r-- 1 tonyt staff 3212 Apr 17 1999 file1 -rw-r--r-- 1 tonyt staff 4541 Mar 3 21:08 file2 why the date format is not the same? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonyt
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

format output

I have a text file that I want a script to parse and grab only the relavent stuff. No idea where to start.. This is the text file.212 0.00000 ? -> (multicast) ETHER Type=2000 (Unknown), size = 344 bytes 0: 0100 0ccc cccc 000b 5f95 0fbe 014a aaaa ........_....J..... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing output from top and format output

Hi all, I'd like to capture the output from the 'top' command to monitor my CPU and Mem utilisation.Currently my command isecho date `top -b -n1 | grep -e Cpu -e Mem` I get the output in 3 separate lines.Tue Feb 24 15:00:03 Cpu(s): 3.4% us, 8.5% sy .. .. Mem: 1011480k total, 226928k used, ....... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to format output

Dear all, I have written a program which access database and displays the values returned by the query . There are 10 columns to be displayed in one row. But am ending with 5 lines displayed on 1st line and the next 5 in the 2nd line. Ex : 21608 10-20-2007 148 Al's Appliance... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday542
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in Getting specified output format

Hi all, I have input text file of this format objectclass:endeavor pid:12345 postalAddress:379 PROSPECT ST street:STE B l:TORRINGTON st:CT postalCode:067905238 telephoneNumber:9999999999... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pintoo
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic output file generation using a input text file with predefined output format

Hi, I have two files , one file with data file with attributes that need to be sent to another file to generate a predefined format. Example: File.txt AP|{SSHA}VEEg42CNCghUnGhCVg== APVG3|{SSHA}XK|"password" AP3|{SSHA}XK|"This is test" .... etc --------- test.sh has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Format Output

Hello Learned People, Good evening. I have absolutely no idea as how to do this & I admit that I do not know anything in unix. I must learn this one of these days. Im a help desk incharge today & someone gave me this file to be formatted & I have a file like this. vi NewFile.txt 232... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RTAN
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format with output

I have written some scripts that resulted in the table below (Column1 is ITEM, Column2 is Group, Column3 is Category and Column4 is Quantity) but I want the output in another format: Input: K123 X CATA 3 K123 Y CATA 4 K123 Z CATA 2 K123 X CATB 5 K123 Y CATB 2 K123 Z CATB 2 B65 M CATB... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aydj
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format output

Hello Team, I have the following details in a txt file (please note the spaces and tabs) C1 C2 C3 ------------------ --------------- ------------- abc, xyz 2 8 pqr 2 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: H squared
9 Replies
NFSIOSTAT(1)							Linux User's Manual						      NFSIOSTAT(1)

NAME
nfsiostat - Report input/output statistics for network filesystems (NFS). SYNOPSIS
nfsiostat [ -h ] [ -k | -m ] [ -t ] [ -V ] [ interval [ count ] ] DESCRIPTION
The nfsiostat command displays statistics about read and write operations on NFS filesystems. The interval parameter specifies the amount of time in seconds between each report. The first report contains statistics for the time since system startup (boot). Each subsequent report contains statistics collected during the interval since the previous report. A report con- sists of an NFS header row followed by a line of statistics for each network filesystem that is mounted. The count parameter can be speci- fied in conjunction with the interval parameter. If the count parameter is specified, the value of count determines the number of reports generated at interval seconds apart. If the interval parameter is specified without the count parameter, the nfsiostat command generates reports continuously. REPORT
The Network Filesystem (NFS) report provides statistics for each mounted network filesystem. Transfer rates are shown in 1K blocks by default, unless the environment variable POSIXLY_CORRECT is set, in which case 512-byte blocks are used. The report shows the following fields: Filesystem: This columns shows the hostname of the NFS server followed by a colon and by the directory name where the network filesystem is mounted. rBlk_nor/s (rkB_nor/s, rMB_nor) Indicate the number of blocks (kilobytes, megabytes) read by applications via the read(2) system call interface. A block has a size of 512 bytes. wBlk_nor/s (wkB_nor/s, wMB_nor/s) Indicate the number of blocks (kilobytes, megabytes) written by applications via the write(2) system call interface. rBlk_dir/s (rkB_dir/s, rMB_dir/s) Indicate the number of blocks (kilobytes, megabytes) read from files opened with the O_DIRECT flag. wBlk_dir/s (wkB_dir/s, wMB_dir/s) Indicate the number of blocks (kilobytes, megabytes) written to files opened with the O_DIRECT flag. rBlk_svr/s (rkB_svr/s, rMB_svr/s) Indicate the number of blocks (kilobytes, megabytes) read from the server by the NFS client via an NFS READ request. wBlk_svr/s (wkB_svr/s, wMB_svr/s) Indicate the number of blocks (kilobytes, megabytes) written to the server by the NFS client via an NFS WRITE request. ops/s Indicate the number of operations that were issued to the filesystem per second. rops/s Indicate the number of 'read' operations that were issued to the filesystem per second. wops/s Indicate the number of 'write' operations that were issued to the filesystem per second. OPTIONS
-h Make the NFS report easier to read by a human. -k Display statistics in kilobytes per second. -m Display statistics in megabytes per second. -t Print the time for each report displayed. The timestamp format may depend on the value of the S_TIME_FORMAT environment variable (see below). -V Print version number then exit. ENVIRONMENT
The nfsiostat command takes into account the following environment variables: S_TIME_FORMAT If this variable exists and its value is ISO then the current locale will be ignored when printing the date in the report header. The nfsiostat command will use the ISO 8601 format (YYYY-MM-DD) instead. The timestamp displayed with option -t will also be com- pliant with ISO 8601 format. POSIXLY_CORRECT When this variable is set, transfer rates are shown in 512-byte blocks instead of the default 1K blocks. BUG
/proc filesystem must be mounted for nfsiostat to work. FILE
/proc/self/mountstats contains statistics for network filesystems. AUTHORS
Written by Ivana Varekova (varekova <at> redhat.com) Maintained by Sebastien Godard (sysstat <at> orange.fr) SEE ALSO
sar(1), pidstat(1), mpstat(1), vmstat(8), iostat(1), cifsiostat(1) http://pagesperso-orange.fr/sebastien.godard/ Linux JANUARY 2011 NFSIOSTAT(1)