Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: WINSCP for Linux?
Operating Systems Linux WINSCP for Linux? Post 302323268 by cbkihong on Saturday 6th of June 2009 05:43:46 AM
Old 06-06-2009
Or use a file manager that supports SFTP channels, such as Konqueror. By splitting it into two panes that is pretty much like WinSCP in my opinion. I found it more handy than WinSCP, I think.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

winscp between AIX and windows

Hello Admins, I am trying to copy some files/packages from my windows host to AIX server. I am a normal user not root. I am getting an error as below: cannot initialize sftp protocol..... I have enabled the ftp service. Could you help me out.. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
7 Replies

2. AIX

WINSCP Log in AIX 6.1

Hello Team, In my environment , Application team using winscp to create/modify/delete the files in the AIX server from their windows boxes. I have enabled the user history, su logs and lastlog, but the users whoever using winscp its not getting tracked. How to enable the WINSCP logs in AIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is winscp?

Hi I am new to using unix and editors for unix.. what is winscp? how to use it? what are ways to download this and learn? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swathi123
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putty and winscp - what is the difference?

Want to understand the difference between putty and winscp. thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swathi123
2 Replies

5. AIX

Locking down access vi winscp

Did some search but didn't find what I was looking for. We have a fairly complex system in which we have a special shell that is actually a script that runs some checks to make sure the user is coming in via the approved ssh client and if not they are kicked out. Recently we figured out folks are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: juredd1
3 Replies
LINSYSFS(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						       LINSYSFS(5)

NAME
linsysfs -- Linux system file system SYNOPSIS
linsys /compat/linux/sys linsysfs rw 0 0 DESCRIPTION
The Linux system file system, or linsysfs, emulates a subset of the Linux sys file system and is required for the complete operation of some Linux binaries. The linsysfs provides a two-level view of devices. At the highest level, PCI devices themselves are named, according to their bus, slot and function in the system hierarchy. PCI storage devices are listed in the scsi_host class with a device symlink to the PCI directories of the devices. Each device node is a directory containing some files and directories: host A place holder for storage host information. pci_id A directory for the pci_id that contains either the device information or another directory structure for a PCI bridge. Each host node of scsi_host is a directory containing some files and directories: proc_name The Linux registered driver name for these devices. device A symlink to the PCI device directory. FILES
/compat/linux/sys The normal mount point for linsysfs. /compat/linux/sys/class/scsi_host The storage host node. /compat/linux/sys/devices/pci0000:00 The PCI device hierarchy node. EXAMPLES
The most common usage follows: mount -t linsysfs linsys /compat/linux/sys where /compat/linux/sys is a mount point. SEE ALSO
nmount(2), unmount(2), linprocfs(5), pseudofs(9) HISTORY
The linsysfs driver first appeared in FreeBSD 6.2. AUTHORS
The linsysfs driver was derived from linprocfs by Doug Ambrisko. This manual page was edited by Doug Ambrisko, based on the linprocfs(5) manual page by Garrett Wollman. BSD
February 5, 2007 BSD