Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl string matching problem (two backslash) Post 302323228 by durden_tyler on Friday 5th of June 2009 09:56:05 PM
Old 06-05-2009
Code:
$
$ cat data.txt
we have one backslash\ here
two here \ but not consecutive \
and two \\ consecutive here
and none here...
$
$ perl -pi -e 's/\\\\//g' data.txt
$
$ cat data.txt
we have one backslash\ here
two here \ but not consecutive \
and two  consecutive here
and none here...
$
$

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed problem - replacement string should be same length as matching string.

Hi guys, I hope you can help me with my problem. I have a text file that contains lines like this: 78 ANGELO -809.05 79 ANGELO2 -5,000.06 I need to find all occurences of amounts that are negative and replace them with x's 78 ANGELO xxxxxxx 79... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amangeles
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to handle backslash in grep string

Hi , I am doing invert grep using -v but the string contain "/" which break the grep command and it do not skip the lines with "/" on it. Diffu.txt ======== 1159c1159 < <td align="right" valign="middle" class="paddingRight2px" id="featureListItemChannelButton7466"> --- > <td... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajbal
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

string matching in perl

Hi, I have to search for a string in a variable. Say the variable is var1='ERROR: Make java] as enabled' here i want to match which are in red color. other like abc etc could change. Can you tell me the exact command something like the below in perl if ($var1=~ m/ERROR: Make... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching problem in PERL script

Hi Friends, As my old friends knows, I'm old to shell script but very new to perl script, currently I'm writing a PERL script with the following functionality: I've multiple product directories, like BUSS, FIN, SALES, MKT etc., : /export/home/GLK/BUSS, /export/home/GLK/FIN, ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk BEGIN END and string matching problem

Hi, Contents of BBS-list file: foo foo foo awk ' BEGIN { print "Analysis of \"foo\"" } /foo/ { ++n } END { print "\"foo\" appears", n, "times." }' BBS-list Output: Analysis of "foo" "foo" appears 3 times. awk ' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in matching two string variable.

Plz Ignore this. already solved (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saluja.deepak
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Regex, string matching

Hi, I've a logfile which i need to parse and get the logs depending upon the user input. here, i'm providing an option to enter the string which can be matched with the log entries. e.g. one of the logfile entry reads like this - $str = " mpgw(BLUESOAPFramework):... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterfly20
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : pattern matching a string stored in a variable

I have two variables, my $filename = "abc_yyyy_mm_dd.txt"; my $filename1 = " abc_2011_11_07.txt"; I need to perform some operations after checking if $filename has $filename1 in it i have used the below code, if($filename =~ /^$filename1/) { ---- -- } (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: backslash in front of integer like \32768

In Perl, what does a backslash preceding an integer do like \32768 ? The $/ section of perlvar writes: local $/ = \32768; # or \"32768", or \$var_containing_32768 How is \32768 different from just 32768 without backslash? I do not understand the backslashes in \"32768" and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LessNux
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add backslash and apostrophe to string in variable.

Hi All I want to add backslash and apostrophe to variable in my bash script. I have my variable: USER_LIST=USER1,USER2,USER3 and I want something like this: USER_LIST_DEL=/'USER1/',/'USER2/',/'USER3/' any ideas ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: primo102
1 Replies
GNUHTML2LATEX(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  GNUHTML2LATEX(1)

NAME
gnuhtml2latex - html to latex converter SYNOPSIS
gnuhtml2latex [options] filename OPTIONS
-a [author] speecify document author -b Process more than one input HTML file (they all get concatenated and written to a single output file, or to STDOUT if -s is set) -c Use table of contents -f [string] Specify foonote -h [string] Specify header -i filename Get the list of files to be converted from the specified filename -m Allow the use of some tags that require entering and exiting math mode. Currently, the superscript and subscript tags are achieved by using the math mode. Now, using the math mode can break some formatting. Math mode will only be entered in the output document if you specify this switch. -n Use numbered sections -H use hyperref package to process anchors -g Include images. If wget is installed, it will be used in order to download the images; otherwise, their position will just be marked in the resulting TeX document. -o [string] Specify document style -p Break page after title / table of contents -P Partial / plain: Omit preamble and postamble. Note that -P makes -H and -o meaningless (as they act in the preamble) -S Skip (ignore) the specified comma-separated tags, along with all of their content. -s Write to STDOUT instead of to inputfilename.tex -t [title] Specify title of document DESCRIPTION
This aims to be replacement of html2latex. Program takes html file foo.html or foo.htm file and makes latex file foo.tex from it NOT VERY AMBITIOUS TODO
For people who want only functionality of original html2latex bugfixes - Im sure there is plenty of bugs inside clueful backslash escaping more entities from outside of iso-8895-1 tables performance boost and a lot more MORE AMBITIOUS TODO
For people who want a real tool make it part of some html processor FUTURE OF THIS PACKAGE
This is very possible that functions of this package will be included to some more general project. This package was made mainly to make world a bit more free. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-29 GNUHTML2LATEX(1)