Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: /etc/passwd
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting /etc/passwd Post 302323189 by supercops on Friday 5th of June 2009 04:22:58 PM
Old 06-05-2009
Thanks avronius and bluescreen for such a quick responce ....
Will it be possible to send that generated report to an email ?

Like I am doing like this currently but the email is not going throug

cat /etc/passwd | cut -f5 -d":" > abcd && mail mailaddresshere < abcd

Last edited by supercops; 06-05-2009 at 06:21 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

etc/passwd

Can anyone explain the second and third fields in /etc/passwd. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nguda
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

no /etc/passwd

Hello ppl, A small mistake of mine has led the /etc/passwd file deleted. So i went to rescue mode and used the following command echo "root::0:0:Superuser:/:/bin/bash" > passwd but that did not get effect in anyway way. when I switch back to normal mode the root is still asking for a passwd.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyno
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

passwd

Dear frnds, I have 250 users in passwd file with different passwords, how i can change the password to username+99. pls help out. regards (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jestinabel
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

wc /etc/passwd

I have left unix for a long time.Almost forget everthing.:( Anybody can tell me what is the meaning? wc /etc/passwd 9 16 1155 /etc/passwd and $ wc -l /etc/passwd wc -l /etc/passwd 9 /etc/passwd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
1 Replies

5. AIX

etc/passwd

Is there any way to allow users to access the etc/passwd file for commands like whoami but not be able to read the file? If I don't put a user in the security group and change the permissions on the etc/passwd file to 640 (rw-r-----) the users can login but the whoami command doesn't work for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
5 Replies

6. Solaris

passwd cmd reenables passwd aging in shadow entry

Hi Folks, I have Solaris 10, latest release. We have passwd aging set in /etc/defalut/passwd. I have an account that passwd should never expire. Acheived by emptying associated users shadow file entries for passwd aging. When I reset the users passwd using passwd command, it re enables... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passwd

Hello , how to open utemp,getpwuid files.I know what info these files will carry but i dont know ow to open see the info present in it. Thanks to help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

etc/passwd help

Hi! i've been searching a way to display the users who are in the /etc/passwd directory...using ls or grep or cat command should do it?i can't find a way to get this right..i mean none of the preview commands function sounded good to me to use... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: strawhatluffy
9 Replies

9. AIX

When did AIX start using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords?

Does anyone know when AIX started using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anne Neville
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

passwd -s

Hi, I've a problem regarding understanding of result of passwd -s command. > passwd -s abc PS 05/24/12 0 441 I'm not a super user. But i need to write a simple code for checking password expiry and send an email to the team id. Is there any other command or way to achieve this?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
6 Replies
PMAILQ(8)																 PMAILQ(8)

NAME
pmailq - Postfix MAIL Queue manager SYNOPSIS
pmailq [OPTION]... [COMMAND] pmailq --help DESCRIPTION
pmailq parses the output of mailq command from postfix (ie: postqueue -p). It permits to perform some actions on a group of entries in queue (like removing or displaying them in a machine readable format). They are selected by applying filters (wildcards are allowed) on criterias like email address, error message from SMTP server, message size, mail status in queue. COMMANDS
Action to perform on selected entries. list (default command) Show a detailed listing of the selected entries. parse Show a listing of the selected entries in a machine readable format. del Delete (via postsuper -d) the selected entries. OPTIONS
-e PATTERN, --email=PATTERN Select entries in queue with email matching PATTERN (PATTERN accepts wildcards). -m PATTERN, --msg=PATTERN Select entries in queue with error message matching PATTERN (PATTERN accepts wildcards). -l SIZE, --size-lower=SIZE Select entries in queue with size lower than SIZE bytes. -u SIZE, --size-upper=SIZE Select entries in queue with size upper than SIZE bytes. -a Select 'active' entries in queue. -o Select 'on hold' entries in queue. --version Show program's version number and exit. -h, --help Show this help message and exit. EXAMPLES
Example 1: display all the entries in queue sent to an email address matching "*@example.com*" with a size between 3000 and 3200 bytes in a machine readable format: # pmailq -u 3000 -l 3200 -e "*@example.com" parse 7E75214643A4|Fri Aug 31|3154|1|0|edgar@example.com B0BDE146B640|Thu Aug 30|3199|1|0|paul@example.com B587E146B675|Wed Aug 29|3065|0|0|paul@example.com CF3C514656E4|Wed Aug 29|3161|0|0|abuse@example.com / / / queue id date size on hold (or not) active (or not) Example 2: remove all mails in queue not sent because of a connection time out: # pmailq -m "*connection*timed*out" del deleting 00CF514616D3 [OK] deleting 12D911461924 [OK] deleting 269EF1461CA9 [OK] deleting 288DF1461CA0 [OK] deleting 3B3901460F62 [OK] deleting 3AE58147019F [OK] SEE ALSO
postsuper(1) privileged queue operations, postqueue(1) mail queue control AUTHOR
Emmanuel Bouthenot <kolter@openics.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2007-2011 by Emmanuel Bouthenot <kolter@openics.org> This program is released under the "do What The Fuck you want to Public Licence" Version 2, as published by Sam Hocevar. See http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/COPYING for more details. 2011-01-05 PMAILQ(8)