Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Require some way or shell in which commands doesnot gets logged in history file Post 302323156 by harpreetrekhi on Friday 5th of June 2009 02:43:01 PM
Old 06-05-2009
Require some way or shell in which commands doesnot gets logged in history file

Guys,
can u tell me some way in which the commands i execute on solaris system doesnot gets logged. It should not appear in history file.. Is there any shell which provide such solution or can I turn off the logging, if yes then how...

Help will be appreciated
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

korn shell script to keep history of same file

Hello, How do I write a korn shell that will rename file with the current date. What I want to do is, I have a file that is re-written every day. But instead, I want to keep a 14 day history of the file. So I want to write a script that will rename the current file with a date attached to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: watson2000
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Help !....pls i require All n Everything About Unix -History,Development..evrthg

i need to know abt Unix Development,History,Features n Everything..... :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shank
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to identify logged users & commands executed

Hi All, I am trying to write a script to get the user information & the command executed. I tried something like this : w | sort | awk '{print$5$6$7}' My requirement is to identify the users who execute the same command at same time. I need the user name & the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayarajvp
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Are FSCK commands logged during single user mode?

Who knows if when working in the single user mode that any command are logged or could b elogged specially if I do a fsck I like at least to see when I did start it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manni2
1 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

ssh command doesnot excute commands in the destination server

Hi All, I have the below code where Iam connecting from xzur111pap server to xzur0211pap server thru ssh to execute some commands. ssh xzur0211pap spaceleft=`df -k /home |tail -1 | awk '{print $5}'` spaceleft=${spaceleft%\%} if ]; then echo "ALERT : HUFS(/home $spaceleft)" exit 0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaddamja
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to review the history and the commands that has been done in this history?

Hello every body, Kindly inform me How Do i find out the time I executed a command previously on UNIX Solaris?? To be more specific and more clear about what i want to know is that I want a command the enables me to know the history and which command i run at this history/time. FYI I used... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Does running a cron job of a user require the user to be logged in?

Suppose user 'asdf' is not logged into server 'bbbb', but the server is up. User 'asdf' has cron job. Will it be executed? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

history commands

Hi Guys, I am running RHEL5, I am trying to find out the history of the cammands that were executed on my server. I have files that are missing I just want to find out what happened to them. I used history | more but I can't find anything related to my query. I also checked... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Phuti
1 Replies

9. Debian

Some commands not logged in pacct

Hi, Examining the Debian Linux logfiles, I found out that not all commands are logged in my pacct (/var/log/account/pacct) For instance, if I run and stop Wireshark and do after that # lastcomm | grep "wireshark" The wireshark command is logged as expected. # lastcomm | grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suvios
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script require to do telnet & run few commands

I am new in scripting, I need script(BASH) which do telenet to one of the elements & run few commands , after running it successfully it will check status of files & exit. Help is greatly appreciated 🙏 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinesh_123
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)