Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting parsing data for certain conditions Post 302323063 by durden_tyler on Friday 5th of June 2009 09:12:05 AM
Old 06-05-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAW
...I am sure there is a more efficient/elegant way of doing it, which I hope you can help me with.

It can be done in whatever is most suitable i.e perl/awk..

Any suggestions are welcome ...
Here's one way to do it in perl:

Code:
$
$ cat data.txt
CH0045775191=UBSL.RDN_EXCHD2 " | CH0045775191=UBSL.RDN_EXCHD2 "phil
CH0045775191=UBSL.TILE_DESC " | CH0045775191=UBSL.TILE_DESC "
CH0024226190=UBSL.ISSUE_DATE " | CH0024226190=UBSL.ISSUE_DATE "
CH0024226190=UBSL.CONV_TEXT "G VANKE | CH0024226190=UBSL.CONV_TEXT "
CH0024226190=UBSL.GEN_VAL1 "+16.56 | CH0024226190=UBSL.GEN_VAL1 "J0shua
CH0032678747.UBS.MKT_MKR_NM "govindva | CH0032678747.UBS.MKT_MKR_NM "
$
$
$
$ perl -ne 'split/["\|]/;
>  if ($_[3] =~ /^\s*$/ && $_[1] !~ /^\s*$/ && $_[0] =~ /^(.*)\.([^.]*?) /) {
>   print "$1 , $2 , $_[1]\n" }' data.txt
CH0024226190=UBSL , CONV_TEXT , G VANKE
CH0032678747.UBS , MKT_MKR_NM , govindva
$
$

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing the data

Hi I need to parse the following data using shell script Table ----- stage4n_abc 48 stage4o_abcd 4 adashpg_abc_HeartBeat 1 stage4l_asc 168 Can anyone gimme the solution. I want each value to get stored in an array or variable and want the value to be greped from another file.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Archana.Dheepan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing data

Hi all , I have a file with billing CDR records in it. I need to parse that information (row format) . The purpose is to compare full content. The example I have given below is a single line record but it has two portions, (1) the line start with “!” and end with “1.2.1.8” and (2) second part... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaygamini
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Organization data based on two conditions applied problem asking...

Input file: HS04636 type header 836 7001 ID=g1 HS04636 type status 836 1017 Parent=g1.t1 HS04636 type location 966 1017 ID=g1.t1.cds;Parent=g1.t1 HS04636 type location 1818 1934 ID=g1.t1.cds;Parent=g1.t1 HS04636 type status 1818... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing the data

Hi friends, I need to parse the following data in the given format and get the desired output. I need a function, which takes the input as a parameter and the desired output will be returned from the function. INPUT(single parameter as complete string) A;BCF;DFG;FD ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumesh.1988
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data parsing

Hi, I do have a data file which is divided into compartments by ---------. I would like to extract (parse) some of the data and numbers either using awk or sed The file has the format: CATGC Best GO enrichment: Genes/ORF that have the motifs (genes are sorted by max(pa+pd+po)): ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

take a section of a data with conditions

I have a data file like below: 2011 0701 2015 21.2 L 37.692 46.202 18.0 Teh 4 0.3 2.1 LTeh 1 GAP=233 E Iranian Seismological Center, Institute of Geophysics, University of Tehran 6 STAT SP IPHASW D HRMM SECON CODA AMPLIT PERI AZIMU VELO SNR AR TRES W DIS CAZ7 TBZ SN EPg 0 2015 31.19 -0.3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saeed.soltani
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with parsing data with awk , eliminating unwanted data

Experts , Below is the data: --- Physical volumes --- PV Name /dev/dsk/c1t2d0 VG Name /dev/vg00 PV Status available Allocatable yes VGDA 2 Cur LV 8 PE Size (Mbytes) 8 Total PE 4350 Free PE 2036 Allocated PE 2314 Stale PE 0 IO Timeout (Seconds) default --- Physical volumes ---... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Script] Conditions on parsing file

Hello, I open a new POST, i consider that this is resolved https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/215803-create-file-comment-script.html But i wish improve it. In case 1, I would like to test the input file $1. If $1 exist with no parameters but only comments, then send a message... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amazigh42
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML (and insert data) then output data (bash / Solaris)

Hi folks I have a script I wrote that basically parses a bunch of config and xml files works out were to add in the new content then spits out the data into a new file. It all works - apart from the xml and config file format in the new file with XML files the original XML (that ends up in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfinch
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to extract data from csv file based on certain conditions

Hi Guys, I am new to shell script.I need your help to write a shell script. I need to write a shell script to extract data from a .csv file where columns are ',' separated. The file has 5 columns having values say column 1,column 2.....column 5 as below along with their valuesm.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
1 Replies
SHELL-QUOTE(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    SHELL-QUOTE(1)

NAME
shell-quote - quote arguments for safe use, unmodified in a shell command SYNOPSIS
shell-quote [switch]... arg... DESCRIPTION
shell-quote lets you pass arbitrary strings through the shell so that they won't be changed by the shell. This lets you process commands or files with embedded white space or shell globbing characters safely. Here are a few examples. EXAMPLES
ssh preserving args When running a remote command with ssh, ssh doesn't preserve the separate arguments it receives. It just joins them with spaces and passes them to "$SHELL -c". This doesn't work as intended: ssh host touch 'hi there' # fails It creates 2 files, hi and there. Instead, do this: cmd=`shell-quote touch 'hi there'` ssh host "$cmd" This gives you just 1 file, hi there. process find output It's not ordinarily possible to process an arbitrary list of files output by find with a shell script. Anything you put in $IFS to split up the output could legitimately be in a file's name. Here's how you can do it using shell-quote: eval set -- `find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 shell-quote --` debug shell scripts shell-quote is better than echo for debugging shell scripts. debug() { [ -z "$debug" ] || shell-quote "debug:" "$@" } With echo you can't tell the difference between "debug 'foo bar'" and "debug foo bar", but with shell-quote you can. save a command for later shell-quote can be used to build up a shell command to run later. Say you want the user to be able to give you switches for a command you're going to run. If you don't want the switches to be re-evaluated by the shell (which is usually a good idea, else there are things the user can't pass through), you can do something like this: user_switches= while [ $# != 0 ] do case x$1 in x--pass-through) [ $# -gt 1 ] || die "need an argument for $1" user_switches="$user_switches "`shell-quote -- "$2"` shift;; # process other switches esac shift done # later eval "shell-quote some-command $user_switches my args" OPTIONS
--debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and die. --version Show the version number and exit. AVAILABILITY
The code is licensed under the GNU GPL. Check http://www.argon.org/~roderick/ or CPAN for updated versions. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.16.3 2010-06-11 SHELL-QUOTE(1)