Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting parsing data for certain conditions Post 302323059 by PAW on Friday 5th of June 2009 08:58:56 AM
Old 06-05-2009
OK thanks, Ill give it a go.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing the data

Hi I need to parse the following data using shell script Table ----- stage4n_abc 48 stage4o_abcd 4 adashpg_abc_HeartBeat 1 stage4l_asc 168 Can anyone gimme the solution. I want each value to get stored in an array or variable and want the value to be greped from another file.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Archana.Dheepan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing data

Hi all , I have a file with billing CDR records in it. I need to parse that information (row format) . The purpose is to compare full content. The example I have given below is a single line record but it has two portions, (1) the line start with “!” and end with “1.2.1.8” and (2) second part... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaygamini
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Organization data based on two conditions applied problem asking...

Input file: HS04636 type header 836 7001 ID=g1 HS04636 type status 836 1017 Parent=g1.t1 HS04636 type location 966 1017 ID=g1.t1.cds;Parent=g1.t1 HS04636 type location 1818 1934 ID=g1.t1.cds;Parent=g1.t1 HS04636 type status 1818... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing the data

Hi friends, I need to parse the following data in the given format and get the desired output. I need a function, which takes the input as a parameter and the desired output will be returned from the function. INPUT(single parameter as complete string) A;BCF;DFG;FD ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumesh.1988
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data parsing

Hi, I do have a data file which is divided into compartments by ---------. I would like to extract (parse) some of the data and numbers either using awk or sed The file has the format: CATGC Best GO enrichment: Genes/ORF that have the motifs (genes are sorted by max(pa+pd+po)): ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

take a section of a data with conditions

I have a data file like below: 2011 0701 2015 21.2 L 37.692 46.202 18.0 Teh 4 0.3 2.1 LTeh 1 GAP=233 E Iranian Seismological Center, Institute of Geophysics, University of Tehran 6 STAT SP IPHASW D HRMM SECON CODA AMPLIT PERI AZIMU VELO SNR AR TRES W DIS CAZ7 TBZ SN EPg 0 2015 31.19 -0.3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saeed.soltani
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with parsing data with awk , eliminating unwanted data

Experts , Below is the data: --- Physical volumes --- PV Name /dev/dsk/c1t2d0 VG Name /dev/vg00 PV Status available Allocatable yes VGDA 2 Cur LV 8 PE Size (Mbytes) 8 Total PE 4350 Free PE 2036 Allocated PE 2314 Stale PE 0 IO Timeout (Seconds) default --- Physical volumes ---... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Script] Conditions on parsing file

Hello, I open a new POST, i consider that this is resolved https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/215803-create-file-comment-script.html But i wish improve it. In case 1, I would like to test the input file $1. If $1 exist with no parameters but only comments, then send a message... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amazigh42
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML (and insert data) then output data (bash / Solaris)

Hi folks I have a script I wrote that basically parses a bunch of config and xml files works out were to add in the new content then spits out the data into a new file. It all works - apart from the xml and config file format in the new file with XML files the original XML (that ends up in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfinch
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to extract data from csv file based on certain conditions

Hi Guys, I am new to shell script.I need your help to write a shell script. I need to write a shell script to extract data from a .csv file where columns are ',' separated. The file has 5 columns having values say column 1,column 2.....column 5 as below along with their valuesm.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
1 Replies
GRUB-FSTEST(1)							   User Commands						    GRUB-FSTEST(1)

NAME
grub-fstest - debug tool for GRUB filesystem drivers SYNOPSIS
grub-fstest [OPTION...] IMAGE_PATH COMMANDS DESCRIPTION
Debug tool for filesystem driver. Commands: blocklist FILE Display blocklist of FILE. cmp FILE LOCAL Compare FILE with local file LOCAL. cp FILE LOCAL Copy FILE to local file LOCAL. crc FILE Get crc32 checksum of FILE. hex FILE Hex dump FILE. ls PATH List files in PATH. -c, --diskcount=N N input files. -d, --debug=S Set debug environment variable. -n, --length=N Handle N bytes in output file. -r, --root=DEVICE_NAME Set root device. -s, --skip=N Skip N bytes from output file. -v, --verbose Print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. SEE ALSO
grub-probe(8) The full documentation for grub-fstest is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-fstest programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-fstest should give you access to the complete manual. grub-fstest (GRUB) 1.99-12ubuntu5 October 2011 GRUB-FSTEST(1)