Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting while infinite loop_sockets constant Post 302323012 by jayan_jay on Friday 5th of June 2009 05:52:12 AM
Old 06-05-2009
I am not very clear about your issue.

Anyway for infinite while loop, use the below syntax

while [ 1 ]
do
{code to create sockets}
n=`expr $n - 1` #-- if needed to reduce the value of "n"
sleep 300
continue
done

--Jayan Jayaseelan

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Constant mirroring

I'm not sure how to best explain what I'd like to do, so let me give an example. I used to work in a department that deals with internet security. This department had an "internal" website (only people in the building can get on it) and an "external" website (anyone in the world can get on it --... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sstevens
1 Replies

2. Programming

Is my code in an Infinite Loop?

Production C code compiled without the dash-g option is running, and seems to be in an infinite loop. Is there a way to tell? Is there a diagnostic tool that will report what objects or what lines of code or even what functions are being executed? Or is my best option to kill it with a dump? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcus121
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

infinite while do loop problem

hi all, this is how my scrip looks like #!/bin/sh bindir='/opt/apps/script/bin' datadir='/opt/apps/script/data' dir='/opt/apps/script' while : ; do ls -1rt /opt/apps/script/data/check.txt*|tail -1 > /dev/null 2>&1 if ;then chmod +rwx $bindir/dummy2.sh ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Infinite while loop

what is the difference between while:,while true and while false? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
6 Replies

5. Programming

Infinite thread

I created a thread which pings a machine for every 15 seconds. I made my thread function in infinite loop. Main process also in infinite loop and will run for years. I wonder the thread will continue as long as main process continuous or will thread terminates at some point? Is there any life... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish@123
6 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with infinite loop problem

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: My problem is an infinite loop when i press any other key other then Y or y in the while loop. what i want it to do is return to the normal script outside of it if pressing N or n or keep asking the same question if its any other... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ren_kun
4 Replies

7. Programming

String Constant C

I wonder string constant exists permanently or temporary. For example, printf("hello, world"); the function printf access to it is through a pointer. Does it mean storage is allocated for the string constant to exist permanently in memory? :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kris26
4 Replies
SOCKETPAIR(2)							System Calls Manual						     SOCKETPAIR(2)

NAME
socketpair - create a pair of connected sockets SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/socket.h> socketpair(d, type, protocol, sv) int d, type, protocol; int sv[2]; DESCRIPTION
The socketpair call creates an unnamed pair of connected sockets in the specified domain d, of the specified type, and using the optionally specified protocol. The descriptors used in referencing the new sockets are returned in sv[0] and sv[1]. The two sockets are indistin- guishable. DIAGNOSTICS
A 0 is returned if the call succeeds, -1 if it fails. ERRORS
The call succeeds unless: [EMFILE] Too many descriptors are in use by this process. [EAFNOSUPPORT] The specified address family is not supported on this machine. [EPROTONOSUPPORT] The specified protocol is not supported on this machine. [EOPNOSUPPORT] The specified protocol does not support creation of socket pairs. [EFAULT] The address sv does not specify a valid part of the process address space. SEE ALSO
read(2), write(2), pipe(2) BUGS
This call is currently implemented only for the UNIX domain. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution May 15, 1985 SOCKETPAIR(2)