Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting opening a file given as standard input Post 302322976 by alyex on Friday 5th of June 2009 03:30:41 AM
Old 06-05-2009
a little hint:

set a counter while printing, when it reaches 10, read a carriage return from stdin (in my code, it would be '&6' and then proceed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

standard input

how can i redirect standard input? i dont remember :/, though could you redirec not from a command? i mean, to redirect always stdin and stout (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jariya
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy from standard input

I tried copy the output files from find command into a directory. Example, find / -name core 2>/dev/null | xargs cp???? I have known that we can use xargs to execute command lines from standard input but how to use it in this case. Or I can do something besides xargs. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

change standard input ?

Dear... I have a scrpit that contains multiple read command.... when I run the script I have to enter 3 variables so that I can get the output.. but, I dont want to put those 3 inputs manually every time... I want to make a shell that reads the 3 inputs from a file. the script name is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
4 Replies

4. Solaris

standard input

Please give me any example for standard input in Solaris. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman0931
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading Standard Input

Hello, I am new to scripting. How do I read multiple lines from the command line? I know read reads one line, but if I have to read multiple lines, how should I do? Thanks, Prasanna (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasanna1157
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading from standard input

So, I am new to shell scripting and have a few problems. I know how to read from standard input but I do not know how to really compare it to say, a character. I am trying to compare it to a character and anything exceeding just a character, the user will get an output message, but the program... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bungkai
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying and Renaming file through standard input

Hi Geeks, I am relatively new to Unix. Trying out to achive a shell script by hard learning. Here is my requirment. 1. I have to search for specified strings that are given in .csv file in the directory to find the files for matching strings in the .csv file. 2. If match is found, copy... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uunniixxuusseer
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

standard input and cron

I have a program that requires the user to enter input values while it is being run for example in bash ... ... .. echo "Enter your input" read input echo $input ... ... ...I need to schedule this program with crontab, hence a problem, cronjobs run in the background, any ideas on how to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: walforum
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use the content of a file as standard input

I want to use a content of a file as standard input to a program and dump the output to a file. However, when I try the following code: ./program < input.in > output.out The output.out is empty. So, how can I handle this problem? Thanks in advance! (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ray Sun
11 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Removing punctuations from file input or standard input

Just started learning Unix and received my first assignment recently. We haven't learned many commands and honestly, I'm stumped. I'd like to receive assistance/guidance/hints. 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: How do I write a shell script that takes in a file or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fozilla
4 Replies
XML::LibXML::Devel(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     XML::LibXML::Devel(3)

NAME
XML::LibXML::Devel - makes functions from LibXML.xs available SYNOPSIS
/********************************************** * C functions you want to access */ xmlNode *return_node(); void receive_node(xmlNode *); ############################################### # XS Code void * xs_return_node CODE: RETVAL = return_node(); OUTPUT: RETVAL void xs_receive_node void *n CODE: receive_node(n); ############################################### # Perl code use XML::LibXML::Devel; sub return_node { my $raw_node = xs_return_node(); my $node = XML::LibXML::Devel::node_to_perl($raw_node); XML::LibXML::Devel::refcnt_inc($raw_node); return $node; } sub receive_node { my ($node) = @_; my $raw_node = XML::LibXML::Devel::node_from_perl($node); xs_receive_node($raw_node); XML::LibXML::Devel::refcnt_inc($raw_node); } DESCRIPTION
"XML::LibXML::Devel" makes functions from LibXML.xs available that are needed to wrap libxml2 nodes in and out of XML::LibXML::Nodes. This gives cleaner dependencies than using LibXML.so directly. To XS a library that uses libxml2 nodes the first step is to do this so that xmlNodePtr is passed as void *. These raw nodes are then turned into libxml nodes by using this "Devel" functions. Be aware that this module is currently rather experimental. The function names may change if I XS more functions and introduce a reasonable naming convention. Be also aware that this module is a great tool to cause segfaults and introduce memory leaks. It does however provide a partial cure by making "xmlMemUsed" available as "mem_used". FUNCTIONS
NODE MANAGEMENT node_to_perl node_to_perl($raw_node); Returns a LibXML::Node object. This has a proxy node with a reference counter and an owner attached. The raw node will be deleted as soon as the reference counter reaches zero. If the C library is keeping a pointer to the raw node, you need to call refcnt_inc immediately. You also need to replace xmlFreeNode by a call to refcnt_dec. node_to_perl node_from_perl($node); Returns a raw node. This is a void * pointer and you can do nothing but passing it to functions that treat it as an xmlNodePtr. The raw node will be freed as soon as its reference counter reaches zero. If the C library is keeping a pointer to the raw node, you need to call refcnt_inc immediately. You also need to replace xmlFreeNode by a call to refcnt_dec. refcnt_inc refcnt_inc($raw_node); Increments the raw nodes reference counter. The raw node must already be known to perl to have a reference counter. refcnt_dec refcnt_dec($raw_node); Decrements the raw nodes reference counter and returns the value it had before. if the counter becomes zero or less, this method will free the proxy node holding the reference counter. If the node is part of a subtree, refcnt_dec will fix the reference counts and delete the subtree if it is not required any more. refcnt refcnt($raw_node); Returns the value of the reference counter. fix_owner fix_owner($raw_node, $raw_parent); This functions fixes the reference counts for an entire subtree. it is very important to fix an entire subtree after node operations where the documents or the owner node may get changed. this method is aware about nodes that already belong to a certain owner node. MEMORY DEBUGGING $ENV{DEBUG_MEMORY} BEGIN {$ENV{DEBUG_MEMORY} = 1;}; use XML::LibXML; This turns on libxml2 memory debugging. It must be set before XML::LibXML is loaded. mem_used mem_used(); Returns the number of bytes currently allocated. EXPORT None by default. SEE ALSO
This was created to support the needs of Apache2::ModXml2. So this can serve as an example. AUTHOR
Joachim Zobel <jz-2011@heute-morgen.de> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2011 by Joachim Zobel This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.10.1 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.18.2 2014-02-01 XML::LibXML::Devel(3)