Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to monitor disk space usage Post 302322646 by vidyadhar85 on Thursday 4th of June 2009 09:14:43 AM
Old 06-04-2009
Even i want to add a small script for monitor space
Code:
home/l> space
                         SPACE OF IMPORTANT FILE SYSTEMS
------------------------------------------------------------------------
FILE-SYSTEM        TOTAL-SPACE     USED-SPACE      FREE-SPACE      %USED

/home                   4.75            2.23            2.52         47%
/outputs               32.00           15.27           16.73         48%
/backup                60.00           40.42           19.58         68%
/fns                   60.00           47.68           12.32         80%
/var                    5.00            3.04            1.96         61%
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Color Significance for USED spaces:   gt-80 %  lt-80 % & gt-40 %  lt-40 %

Code:
home/> cat space
df -gt /tmp /home /outputs /backup /fns /var|awk 'BEGIN{
print "\t\t\t\033[1;43m SPACE OF IMPORTANT FILE SYSTEMS\t\033[m\n------------------------------------------------------------------------\n\033[1;45mFILE-SYSTEM \t TOTAL-SPACE \t USED-SPACE \t FREE-SPACE \t %USED\033[m\n"}
function disp(color_code,v1,v2,v3,v4,v5){
printf "\033[1;"color_code"m%-10s\t%10s\t%10s\t%10s\t%6s\033[m\n",v1,v2,v3,v4,v5
}
NR>2&&(($3>($2*.80)&&disp(31,$6,$2,$3,$4,$5))||($3>($2*.40)&&$3<($2*.80)&&disp(33,$6,$2,$3,$4,$5))||($3<($2*.40)&&disp(32,$6,$2,$3,$4,$5)))
END{print "-------------------------------------------------------------------------\nColor Significance for USED spaces:   \033[1;31mgt-80 % \033[m \033[1;33mlt-80 % & gt-40 %\033[m \033[1;32m lt-40 %\033[m"}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic monitor disk-space

Hello, I am trying to find a shell script to monitor diskspace. When the script encounteres a disk which above the treashold, I want an email notification. My system runs on a Sun Solaris. Is there anybode around who can help me with such a script? Norbert (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nfbeerse
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding disk space usage

How would I go about finding the about of disk space occupied by a certain directory? For example, /u1/cvera => 530 MB Thanks =) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvera8
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to determine the disk space usage

how can we determine the disk space used by a certain directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Automatic monitor disk-space

Hello, I am trying to find a shell script to monitor diskspace of all the directories in the server. When the script encounteres a disk which above the treashold, I want an email notification. My system runs on AIX. Is there anybody around who can help me with such a script? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuradha
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor Disk Space

I would like to monitor disk space on solaris system.Need script which will send email if the disk space exceeds 90%. Thanks -sam (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam786
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Usage - Space Used

Hi all, FreeBSD7.1 @ sh. In a backup script I am trying to get the blocks used by the backup once completed. I am using the function: #!/bin/sh spaceused() { du -d 0 "${1}" | awk -F"+" '{ print $1 } } to return the blocks used of said directory and contents. Via. command line... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Festus Hagen
7 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Issue with disk space usage

Issue with disk space usage I have the following line in my "df -h" output: Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on /dev/ad4s1a 496M 495M -39M 109% / What is the issue with having 9% excess utilisation? How can I find out what this partition is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

Using SNMP to monitor remote processes and disk space

snmpget -v 1 -c COMMUNITYSTR hostname OID what OIDs would I use to get information on all the processes and disk space information that are on a particular host. where can i find out information on all of this? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor the disk space details in HP-UX

Hi, I need to monitor the disk space details in HP-UX . I need a command on how to display the information on below format File System Total_Space_KB Used_Space_KB Available_Space_KB %Used /u05 524288000 376235344 138799427 73% /u02 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script to find the disk usage and to delete the files which is consuming more space

Hi All, I have written a script to check the file system usage and to delete the files which is consuming more space.Please check whether the script is corrcet #Script Starts here #!/usr/local/bin/perl #Program to find the disk space and to delete the older files #Checks the type of OS... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkarthick
8 Replies
DVHTOOL(8)						      System Manager's Manual							DVHTOOL(8)

NAME
dvhtool - Disk volume header manipulation tool SYNOPSIS
dvhtool --device devicename [ option ] dvhtool -d devicename [ option ] DESCRIPTION
dvhtool is a utility for displaying SGI disk partition and volume header information as well as for copying files to and from the volume header. It is similar to the IRIX(tm) utility of the same name, however the options and usage are quite different. Also, the IRIX utility cannot display partition and boot file information. The disk volume header includes the disk partition table and the volume directory. The volume directory is an index to the files stored in the volume header part of the disk. These files can be anything but are usually standalone programs (like sash, the SGI standalone shell). The space available for files is usually limited to one, two or a few megabytes, this can only be changed by repartitioning the disk with fx, the SGI disk formatting and partitioning tool or fdisk. You must be root to invoke dvhtool. The device name can be /dev/sda for the first disk, /dev/sdb for the second, and so on. dvhtool will also work on a file image of a disk volume header. OPTIONS -d, --device devicename Specify the volume header device name (or file image) --print-volume-header Show volume header data only --print-volume-directory Show volume table of contents --print-partitions Show partition data --print-all Equivalent to all three above options --vh-remove name Remove volhdr file name. --vh-to-unix name file Copy volhdr file name to Unix file file --unix-to-vh file name Copy Unix file file to volhdr as name --help Show usage information SEE ALSO
fdisk(8) IRIX tools: fx(1M), prtvtoc(1M), vh(7M). AUTHORS
dvhtool was written by Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>, Keith M. Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org>, Tor Arntsen <tor@spacetec.no>, Guido Guenther <agx@debian.org>. 4th Berkeley Distribution July 2000 DVHTOOL(8)