Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to monitor disk space usage Post 302322646 by vidyadhar85 on Thursday 4th of June 2009 09:14:43 AM
Old 06-04-2009
Even i want to add a small script for monitor space
Code:
home/l> space
                         SPACE OF IMPORTANT FILE SYSTEMS
------------------------------------------------------------------------
FILE-SYSTEM        TOTAL-SPACE     USED-SPACE      FREE-SPACE      %USED

/home                   4.75            2.23            2.52         47%
/outputs               32.00           15.27           16.73         48%
/backup                60.00           40.42           19.58         68%
/fns                   60.00           47.68           12.32         80%
/var                    5.00            3.04            1.96         61%
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Color Significance for USED spaces:   gt-80 %  lt-80 % & gt-40 %  lt-40 %

Code:
home/> cat space
df -gt /tmp /home /outputs /backup /fns /var|awk 'BEGIN{
print "\t\t\t\033[1;43m SPACE OF IMPORTANT FILE SYSTEMS\t\033[m\n------------------------------------------------------------------------\n\033[1;45mFILE-SYSTEM \t TOTAL-SPACE \t USED-SPACE \t FREE-SPACE \t %USED\033[m\n"}
function disp(color_code,v1,v2,v3,v4,v5){
printf "\033[1;"color_code"m%-10s\t%10s\t%10s\t%10s\t%6s\033[m\n",v1,v2,v3,v4,v5
}
NR>2&&(($3>($2*.80)&&disp(31,$6,$2,$3,$4,$5))||($3>($2*.40)&&$3<($2*.80)&&disp(33,$6,$2,$3,$4,$5))||($3<($2*.40)&&disp(32,$6,$2,$3,$4,$5)))
END{print "-------------------------------------------------------------------------\nColor Significance for USED spaces:   \033[1;31mgt-80 % \033[m \033[1;33mlt-80 % & gt-40 %\033[m \033[1;32m lt-40 %\033[m"}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic monitor disk-space

Hello, I am trying to find a shell script to monitor diskspace. When the script encounteres a disk which above the treashold, I want an email notification. My system runs on a Sun Solaris. Is there anybode around who can help me with such a script? Norbert (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nfbeerse
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding disk space usage

How would I go about finding the about of disk space occupied by a certain directory? For example, /u1/cvera => 530 MB Thanks =) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvera8
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to determine the disk space usage

how can we determine the disk space used by a certain directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Automatic monitor disk-space

Hello, I am trying to find a shell script to monitor diskspace of all the directories in the server. When the script encounteres a disk which above the treashold, I want an email notification. My system runs on AIX. Is there anybody around who can help me with such a script? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuradha
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor Disk Space

I would like to monitor disk space on solaris system.Need script which will send email if the disk space exceeds 90%. Thanks -sam (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam786
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Usage - Space Used

Hi all, FreeBSD7.1 @ sh. In a backup script I am trying to get the blocks used by the backup once completed. I am using the function: #!/bin/sh spaceused() { du -d 0 "${1}" | awk -F"+" '{ print $1 } } to return the blocks used of said directory and contents. Via. command line... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Festus Hagen
7 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Issue with disk space usage

Issue with disk space usage I have the following line in my "df -h" output: Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on /dev/ad4s1a 496M 495M -39M 109% / What is the issue with having 9% excess utilisation? How can I find out what this partition is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

Using SNMP to monitor remote processes and disk space

snmpget -v 1 -c COMMUNITYSTR hostname OID what OIDs would I use to get information on all the processes and disk space information that are on a particular host. where can i find out information on all of this? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor the disk space details in HP-UX

Hi, I need to monitor the disk space details in HP-UX . I need a command on how to display the information on below format File System Total_Space_KB Used_Space_KB Available_Space_KB %Used /u05 524288000 376235344 138799427 73% /u02 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script to find the disk usage and to delete the files which is consuming more space

Hi All, I have written a script to check the file system usage and to delete the files which is consuming more space.Please check whether the script is corrcet #Script Starts here #!/usr/local/bin/perl #Program to find the disk space and to delete the older files #Checks the type of OS... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkarthick
8 Replies
TCP_TABLE(5)							File Formats Manual						      TCP_TABLE(5)

NAME
tcp_table - Postfix client/server table lookup protocol SYNOPSIS
postmap -q "string" tcp:host:port postmap -q - tcp:host:port <inputfile DESCRIPTION
The Postfix mail system uses optional tables for address rewriting or mail routing. These tables are usually in dbm or db format. Alterna- tively, table lookups can be directed to a TCP server. To find out what types of lookup tables your Postfix system supports use the "postconf -m" command. To test lookup tables, use the "postmap -q" command as described in the SYNOPSIS above. PROTOCOL DESCRIPTION
The TCP map class implements a very simple protocol: the client sends a request, and the server sends one reply. Requests and replies are sent as one line of ASCII text, terminated by the ASCII newline character. Request and reply parameters (see below) are separated by white- space. Send and receive operations must complete in 100 seconds. REQUEST FORMAT
Each request specifies a command, a lookup key, and possibly a lookup result. get SPACE key NEWLINE Look up data under the specified key. put SPACE key SPACE value NEWLINE This request is currently not implemented. REPLY FORMAT
Each reply specifies a status code and text. Replies must be no longer than 4096 characters including the newline terminator. 500 SPACE text NEWLINE In case of a lookup request, the requested data does not exist. In case of an update request, the request was rejected. The text describes the nature of the problem. 400 SPACE text NEWLINE This indicates an error condition. The text describes the nature of the problem. The client should retry the request later. 200 SPACE text NEWLINE The request was successful. In the case of a lookup request, the text contains an encoded version of the requested data. ENCODING
In request and reply parameters, the character %, each non-printing character, and each whitespace character must be replaced by %XX, where XX is the corresponding ASCII hexadecimal character value. The hexadecimal codes can be specified in any case (upper, lower, mixed). The Postfix client always encodes a request. The server may omit the encoding as long as the reply is guaranteed to not contain the % or NEWLINE character. SECURITY
Do not use TCP lookup tables for security critical purposes. The client-server connection is not protected and the server is not authenti- cated. BUGS
Only the lookup method is currently implemented. The client does not hang up when the connection is idle for a long time. SEE ALSO
postmap(1), Postfix lookup table manager regexp_table(5), format of regular expression tables pcre_table(5), format of PCRE tables cidr_table(5), format of CIDR tables README FILES
Use "postconf readme_directory" or "postconf html_directory" to locate this information. DATABASE_README, Postfix lookup table overview LICENSE
The Secure Mailer license must be distributed with this software. AUTHOR(S) Wietse Venema IBM T.J. Watson Research P.O. Box 704 Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA TCP_TABLE(5)