Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mailx in scripts
Operating Systems AIX mailx in scripts Post 302322544 by ravager on Thursday 4th of June 2009 04:21:01 AM
Old 06-04-2009
SCRIPT bla
bla
mail_to="yourmail@mail1 othermail@mail"
/bin/mailx -s "`uname -n|tr '[a-z]' '[A-Z]'` Backup Report `" $mail_to < /tmp/bkp_monitor.log.$$

bla
#end script

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx error message : mailx: NUL changed to @

If I use the "Mail" link instead of the "mail" link to ../mailx I get this error. Mail so-n-so @whatever.com mailx: NUL changed to @ Unknown command: "postmaster" The email still goes through but i get the error. If I use "mail" it goes thru without the error. Any ideas?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Profile scripts versus rc scripts....

what is the difference between login and profile scripts versus the rc scripts? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rookie22
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Script using rsh and scripts within scripts

Hi, I've written a script that runs on a Database server. It has to shutdown the Application server, do an Oracle Dump and then restart the Application server. Its been a long time since I wrote any shells scripts. Can you tell me if the scripts that I execute within my script will be executed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brockwile1
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts within scripts from cron

Hi all, I have set up a cron job which calls another shell script shell script which in turn calls a Java process. The cron tab looks so. 0,30 7-18 * * 1-5 /u01/home/weblogic/brp/bin/checkstatus.sh >> /u01/home/weblogic/logs/checkstatus.log The checkstatus.sh scripts looks like this. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbrian
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the Bash Scripts to Bourne Scripts:URGENT

Hi, I have to write a program to compute the checksums of files ./script.sh I wrote the program using bash and it took me forever since I am a beginner but it works very well. I'm getting so close to the deadline and I realised today that actually I have to use normal Bourne shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgarg1989
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - How to call different scripts from master scripts based on a column in an Oracle table

Dear Members, I have a table REQUESTS in Oracle which has an attribute REQUEST_ACTION. The entries in REQUEST_ACTION are like, ME, MD, ND, NE etc. I would like to create a script which will will call other scripts based on the request action. Can we directly read from the REQUEST_ACTION... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling scripts from with scripts

Hi all, I'm wondering if you could give me some advice. I am new to scripting and am getting rather frustrated that i can get my script to call another script if certain criteria is met, via command line, but I cannot get the same script to work thru the cron jobs. My first script monitors... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: echoes
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling multiple scripts from another scripts

Dear all, I am working on script which call other shell scripts in a loop but problem is from second script am not able to come out. Here is the snippet:- #!/bin/bash HSFILE=/root/Test/Components.txt LOGFile=/opt/domain/AdminDomain/application/logs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
3 Replies
Simplex(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      Simplex(3pm)

NAME
PDL::Opt::Simplex -- Simplex optimization routines SYNOPSIS
use PDL::Opt::Simplex; ($optimum,$ssize,$optval) = simplex($init,$initsize,$minsize, $maxiter, sub {evaluate_func_at($_[0])}, sub {display_simplex($_[0])} ); DESCRIPTION
This package implements the commonly used simplex optimization algorithm. The basic idea of the algorithm is to move a "simplex" of N+1 points in the N-dimensional search space according to certain rules. The main benefit of the algorithm is that you do not need to calculate the derivatives of your function. $init is a 1D vector holding the initial values of the N fitted parameters, $optimum is a vector holding the final solution. $optval is the evaluation of the final solution. $initsize is the size of $init (more...) $minsize is some sort of convergence criterion (more...) - e.g. $minsize = 1e-6 The sub is assumed to understand more than 1 dimensions and threading. Its signature is 'inp(nparams); [ret]out()'. An example would be sub evaluate_func_at { my($xv) = @_; my $x1 = $xv->slice("(0)"); my $x2 = $xv->slice("(1)"); return $x1**4 + ($x2-5)**4 + $x1*$x2; } Here $xv is a vector holding the current values of the parameters being fitted which are then sliced out explicitly as $x1 and $x2. $ssize gives a very very approximate estimate of how close we might be - it might be miles wrong. It is the euclidean distance between the best and the worst vertices. If it is not very small, the algorithm has not converged. FUNCTIONS
simplex Simplex optimization routine ($optimum,$ssize,$optval) = simplex($init,$initsize,$minsize, $maxiter, sub {evaluate_func_at($_[0])}, sub {display_simplex($_[0])} ); See module "PDL::Opt::Simplex" for more information. CAVEATS
Do not use the simplex method if your function has local minima. It will not work. Use genetic algorithms or simulated annealing or conjugate gradient or momentum gradient descent. They will not really work either but they are not guaranteed not to work ;) (if you have infinite time, simulated annealing is guaranteed to work but only after it has visited every point in your space). SEE ALSO
Ron Shaffer's chemometrics web page and references therein: "http://chem1.nrl.navy.mil/~shaffer/chemoweb.html". Numerical Recipes (bla bla bla XXX ref). The demonstration (Examples/Simplex/tsimp.pl and tsimp2.pl). AUTHOR
Copyright(C) 1997 Tuomas J. Lukka. All rights reserved. There is no warranty. You are allowed to redistribute this software / documentation under certain conditions. For details, see the file COPYING in the PDL distribution. If this file is separated from the PDL distribution, the copyright notice should be included in the file. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-02 Simplex(3pm)