Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to monitor disk space usage Post 302322530 by amitranjansahu on Thursday 4th of June 2009 03:43:07 AM
Old 06-04-2009
Bug script to monitor disk space usage

Some times my disk space is used upto 100% due to the application logs .

So this script is to monitor the disk space usage and wall message to the users about the disk space usage if it exceeds the limit set in the script. Here for example the limit is set to 80%. This job is added in cron to execute in a time frame.

I am using this on solaris machines . You can adopt it on any unix/linux machine.

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
# This script checks the percentage of disk usuage and  walls messages if its greater then 80%
typeset -i error="80"
if [ -e diskusage.txt ]; 
then
rm diskusage.txt 
fi
if [ -e diskusage1.txt ];
then
rm diskusage1.txt 
fi
for disc in `df -h| egrep '^/dev' | egrep -iv 'cdrom|proc|sys|pts' |awk '{print $6}'`
do
  /usr/sbin/df -h $disc| cut -c46-47|grep -i [1-9] >> diskusage1.txt 
discUsage=`cat diskusage1.txt `
rm diskusage1.txt 
if [ "$discUsage" -ge "$error" ];
then
echo "Disc usage for $disc is at $discUsage%" >> diskusage.txt 
fi
done
if [ -e diskusage.txt ]; 
then
message=`cat diskusage.txt` 
fi
if [ ${#message} -gt 0 ]; 
then
  cat diskusage.txt | wall
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic monitor disk-space

Hello, I am trying to find a shell script to monitor diskspace. When the script encounteres a disk which above the treashold, I want an email notification. My system runs on a Sun Solaris. Is there anybode around who can help me with such a script? Norbert (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nfbeerse
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding disk space usage

How would I go about finding the about of disk space occupied by a certain directory? For example, /u1/cvera => 530 MB Thanks =) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvera8
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to determine the disk space usage

how can we determine the disk space used by a certain directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Automatic monitor disk-space

Hello, I am trying to find a shell script to monitor diskspace of all the directories in the server. When the script encounteres a disk which above the treashold, I want an email notification. My system runs on AIX. Is there anybody around who can help me with such a script? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuradha
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor Disk Space

I would like to monitor disk space on solaris system.Need script which will send email if the disk space exceeds 90%. Thanks -sam (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam786
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Usage - Space Used

Hi all, FreeBSD7.1 @ sh. In a backup script I am trying to get the blocks used by the backup once completed. I am using the function: #!/bin/sh spaceused() { du -d 0 "${1}" | awk -F"+" '{ print $1 } } to return the blocks used of said directory and contents. Via. command line... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Festus Hagen
7 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Issue with disk space usage

Issue with disk space usage I have the following line in my "df -h" output: Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on /dev/ad4s1a 496M 495M -39M 109% / What is the issue with having 9% excess utilisation? How can I find out what this partition is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

Using SNMP to monitor remote processes and disk space

snmpget -v 1 -c COMMUNITYSTR hostname OID what OIDs would I use to get information on all the processes and disk space information that are on a particular host. where can i find out information on all of this? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor the disk space details in HP-UX

Hi, I need to monitor the disk space details in HP-UX . I need a command on how to display the information on below format File System Total_Space_KB Used_Space_KB Available_Space_KB %Used /u05 524288000 376235344 138799427 73% /u02 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script to find the disk usage and to delete the files which is consuming more space

Hi All, I have written a script to check the file system usage and to delete the files which is consuming more space.Please check whether the script is corrcet #Script Starts here #!/usr/local/bin/perl #Program to find the disk space and to delete the older files #Checks the type of OS... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkarthick
8 Replies
PHAR.INTERCEPTFILEFUNCS(3)						 1						PHAR.INTERCEPTFILEFUNCS(3)

Phar::interceptFileFuncs - instructs phar to intercept fopen, file_get_contents, opendir, and all of the stat-related functions

SYNOPSIS
finalpublicstatic void Phar::interceptFileFuncs (void ) DESCRIPTION
instructs phar to intercept fopen(3), readfile(3), file_get_contents(3), opendir(3), and all of the stat-related functions. If any of these functions is called from within a phar archive with a relative path, the call is modified to access a file within the phar archive. Absolute paths are assumed to be attempts to load external files from the filesystem. This function makes it possible to run PHP applications designed to run off of a hard disk as a phar application. PARAMETERS
No parameters. RETURN VALUES
EXAMPLES
Example #1 A Phar.interceptFileFuncs(3) example <?php Phar::interceptFileFuncs(); include 'phar://' . __FILE__ . '/file.php'; ?> Assuming that this phar is at /path/to/myphar.phar and it contains file.php and file2.txt, if file.php contains this code: Example #2 A Phar.interceptFileFuncs(3) example <?php echo file_get_contents('file2.txt'); ?> Normally PHP would search the current directory for file2.txt, which would translate as the directory of file.php, or the current direc- tory of a command-line user. Phar.interceptFileFuncs(3) instructs PHP to consider the current directory to be phar:///path/to/myphar.phar/ and so opens phar:///path/to/myphar.phar/file2.txt in the above example code. PHP Documentation Group PHAR.INTERCEPTFILEFUNCS(3)