Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 when trying to run ps as particular user Post 302322510 by aussieos on Thursday 4th of June 2009 02:45:01 AM
Old 06-04-2009
Here's the requested info, note that the blank LD_LIBRARY_PATH is the same as for root and the users for who ps works:
Code:
-bash-3.00$ file ldd ld.so.1
ldd:            cannot open: No such file or directory
ld.so.1:        cannot open: No such file or directory

-bash-3.00$ file /usr/dt/lib/libXm.so.3
/usr/dt/lib/libXm.so.3: ELF 32-bit LSB dynamic lib 80386 Version 1, dynamicallylinked, not stripped, no debugging information available

-bash-3.00$ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

-bash-3.00$

-bash-3.00$ uname -a
SunOS localhost 5.10 Generic_138889-08 i86pc i386 i86pc

-bash-3.00$ type ps
ps is /usr/bin/ps
-bash-3.00$ whereis ps
-bash: whereis: command not found
-bash-3.00$ which ps
/usr/bin/ps

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

STL Iterator and user-defined class

Is is possible to make STL-Iterator to work with user defined class ,like the one below? #include <iostream> #include <stdexcept> using namespace std; template <class T> class Array { public: T& operator (unsigned i) throw(out_of_range) { return data_; } protected: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnbach
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix user login class

Hello - Could anyone please explain what is login class in unix..? is it supported by Linux, AIX, HP-UX, Solaris? Also how do we update this when a user is created? I looked into man pages for useradd/usermod and mkuser, but could not find any option to add/update login class for a user. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manju--
5 Replies

3. Programming

Filling the class from values taken from user input

I have a program that accepts user input. For example I have mdacc that the user sets the value. I then have a class which stores the value set by the user. I use set_param to set the values in the class. I pass through it the list of user defines arguments from argv. What would be the opinion on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Wrong ELF class

guys anyone knows a solution for this? wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64 pwrcard:cms-dev:/pcard16/pwrcard/src/interfaces/interface_host>isainfo -v 64-bit sparcv9 applications vis2 vis 32-bit sparc applications vis2 vis v8plus div32 mul32... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: q8devilish
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Wrong ELF data format: ELFDATA2MSB at /usr/perl5/5.8.4/lib/i86pc-solaris-64int/DynaLoader.pm

We are trying to install our project on solaris 10 x86 machine. we are getting the following error. Can't load '/u01/apps/WatchMark/FlexPM//R39FOA1/sw/perl/lib/auto/DBI/DBI.so' for module DBI: ld.so.1: perl: fatal: /u01/apps/WatchMark/FlexPM//R39FOA1/sw/perl/lib/auto/DBI/DBI.so: wrong ELF data... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagandadi
3 Replies

6. Solaris

run a service via startup script (correct me if I am wrong)

Environment Solaris 9 I have configured the Solaris9 as NTP client in which Solaris9 is syncing the time with a windows2008 R2 Server which is runing fine. Now I want that the xntpd service should start at startup. I did this via a script. Kindly correct if I did any thing wrong: 1.)Made... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrong output when run via Cron

Hello, This may be a simple one, but i can't see what the issue is. When i run the script via CLI, then i get the correct output via the if statement, but when i run via CRON i get the wrong statement. echo " Checking Job Status" >> $DIR/Bpimagecleanup_$DATE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Not able to run any command /lib64/ld-Linux-x86-64.so.2: bad ELF interpreter

Hi, I accidentally did this: wadhwaso@nxsdgd01 deps]$sudo rpm -e --nodeps glibc-2.5-107.x86_64 error: %postun(glibc-2.5-107.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 255 and since then I am not able to run any command on this server except 'cd'. I always get the following error: $ ls... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunn3r
6 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

When I run the script, the cursor starts on the wrong line?

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: It's a shell script using a looping logic, trap, tput, if, while. Most of the scripts in this book aren't written... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckleinholz
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Install Apache 2.4.20 on Solaris 10 --- Error "ld: fatal: file ab.o: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32"

I am following the "Compilling and Installing" guide from Apache > HTTP Server > Documentation > Version 2.4 page The configure running OK: # export CC="gcc -m64" # ./configure \ --prefix=/usr/local/apache2/httpd-2.4.20 \ --with-port=80 \ --with-mpm=worker \ --enable-mods-shared=most \... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhuang
0 Replies
GELF_CHECKSUM(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					  GELF_CHECKSUM(3)

NAME
elf32_checksum, elf64_checksum, gelf_checksum -- return the checksum of an ELF object LIBRARY
ELF Access Library (libelf, -lelf) SYNOPSIS
#include <libelf.h> long elf32_checksum(Elf *elf); long elf64_checksum(Elf *elf); #include <gelf.h> long gelf_checksum(Elf *elf); DESCRIPTION
These functions return a simple checksum of the ELF object described by their argument elf. The checksum is computed in way that allows its value to remain unchanged in presence of modifications to the ELF object by utilities like strip(1). Function elf32_checksum() returns a checksum for an ELF descriptor elf of class ELFCLASS32. Function elf64_checksum() returns a checksum for an ELF descriptor elf of class ELFCLASS64. Function gelf_checksum() provides a class-independent way retrieving the checksum for ELF object elf. RETURN VALUES
These functions return the checksum of the ELF object, or zero in case an error was encountered. ERRORS
These functions may fail with the following errors: [ELF_E_ARGUMENT] Argument elf was NULL. [ELF_E_ARGUMENT] Argument elf was not a descriptor for an ELF file. [ELF_E_ARGUMENT] The ELF descriptor elf was not opened for reading or updating. [ELF_E_CLASS] For functions elf32_checksum() and elf64_checksum(), ELF descriptor elf did not match the class of the called function. [ELF_E_HEADER] The ELF object specified by argument elf had a malformed executable header. [ELF_E_RESOURCE] An out of memory condition was detected during processing. [ELF_E_SECTION] The ELF object specified by argument elf contained a section with a malformed section header. [ELF_E_VERSION] The ELF object was of an unsupported version. SEE ALSO
strip(1), elf(3), gelf(3) BSD
August 29, 2006 BSD