Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Sound fails after waking from hibernate -- Intrepid/Xubuntu Post 302322450 by techlinux on Wednesday 3rd of June 2009 08:54:43 PM
Old 06-03-2009
What release are you using?

You can also try reinstalling alsa by pasting this in the terminal

sudo aptitude --purge reinstall linux-sound-base alsa-base alsa-utils linux-image-`uname -r` linux-ubuntu-modules-`uname -r` libasound2

then reboot and test sound again

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Waking up windowsXP from FC3

In my home network I have a windows XP server and a Redhat FC3 Linux server. The linux server has ssh open to the internet. What I'd like to do is ssh into the FC3 machine and "wakeup" the windows XP box which is in standby mode. Anyone know a way to achieve this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

2. Linux

How to enable Hibernate

Hi, I want to enable hibernate in my machine. when i click hibernate option, it is throwing message that hibernate is not enabled in kernel. earlier, i was hibernating in the same machine with windows os. any idea ? Thx in advance. Siva (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Hibernate in Linux

1) How to enable Hibernate in Linux ? 2) Does compiling kernel from source code alters the current setup of the kernel after implementation Thx in advance, siva. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
3 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Computer freezes (Xubuntu Intrepid)

This is just a general question. I've had my computer lock up about a dozen times since I've been running Linux, usually because of multimedia plug-in type issues (but also because of badly-behaving math software). The screen doesn't refresh and I can't usually move the cursor. What should I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
3 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Losing wmx0 interface after waking up from hibernation

I don't know why, but I can't connect to my WiMax network after waking up from hibernation... System log shows the following messages: Feb 5 10:07:52 lenovo-S102 wimaxd: wimaxd event: libwimax: 6843 Feb 5 10:07:52 lenovo-S102 wimaxd: wimaxd event: E: RX: cannot join multicast group 0: -22... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hibernate and Suspend

I have a C++ program which ends up getting run on every conceivable distro. What I can't do in C++, I can do by shelling out to the O/S. I am trying to find a portable way to send the system into hibernate and suspend modes. For users who have pm-utils, of course, I can use that, but I am trying... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrandonShw
4 Replies

7. IP Networking

waking up

can i shutdown or wake on call all the pc's connected in a network using tools? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yashwanthguru
3 Replies
IDJC(1) 							Internet DJ Console							   IDJC(1)

NAME
idjc - be a dj on the internet SYNOPSIS
idjc idjc run --help idjc generateprofile --help DESCRIPTION
idjc is a powerful yet easy to use source-client for individuals interested in streaming live radio shows over the Internet using Shoutcast or Icecast servers or for making static recordings. Features include two main media players with a crossfader, a jingles player, microphone signal processing (compressor, noise gate), IRC announcements, automatic stream start/stop and reconnection, simultaneous mp3 and Ogg streaming, up to 12 mono or 6 stereo audio input channels, a DSP interface, a VoIP integration feature, MIDI input device support, audio level meters. It uses GTK+ for the user interface and JACK Audio Connection Kit for the audio back-end permitting the inclusion of third-party audio com- ponents into the mix. ENVIRONMENT
If the ~/.jackdrc file is not present depending on how recent a version of jackd you have JACK will either not start automatically or will start but configure itself with a sample rate of 48000 which is suboptimal for streaming CD audio. It is recommended to create such a file by this method within a console. $ echo "/usr/bin/jackd -d alsa -r 44100 -p 2048" > ~/.jackdrc If you prefer to start the JACK sound server manually you can do so like this. $ jackd -d alsa -r 44100 -p 2048 Refer to jackd(1) for further details. idjc has native language support built in and takes account of the LANG and LANGUAGE environment variables. SEE ALSO
http://idjc.sourceforge.net http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/idjc jackd(1), idjcctrl(1) idjc-0.8.7 2011-10-08 IDJC(1)