Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: substitute file name
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers substitute file name Post 302322433 by CRGreathouse on Wednesday 3rd of June 2009 05:45:22 PM
Old 06-03-2009
I don't really know what's allowable on the left, since all your examples are the same. If anything is allowable, then you could replace
Code:
(.*_[0-9])[0-9]*

with $1.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to substitute more than one word in a text file?

well i have this file here: <XML> <pregate xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <system_c>HPREGATE</system_c> <trans_c>HSPG</trans_c> <trans_dt>20060105161333</trans_dt> <user_id_m></user_id_m> <func_c>C</func_c> </pregate> </XML> i want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitute File name

Hi all I am in a small problem pl help me out. I am having a directory having ZIP files with name starting as : 01.xyz 02.pqr and so on I want to run the script- cat myfile | awk '{print $1, $2}' | while read var1 var2 do zcat $var2* | grep "^000$var1" >> my_output done Where the... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
22 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

substitute a line in file

i have an file ,i want to substitute line 003 M 33 22 22 00 WITH NEW 003 M 24 26 28 00 how can i do it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to substitute columns from one file into another

Hi, I am new to this forum and my script skills are very weak. I have this file (file 1) that contains 3 columns (tab delimited): kyle start stop john start stop joe start stop And I want to replace name (column 1) from another file. This other file has two columns, one is the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substitute in a large gz file?

I have a large .gz file where i wish to replace the occurrence of a particular word with another word.. Can anyone help?I prefer a short script.. Can sed work with gz files? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maximus8886
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script: substitute value in text file

Hi gurus, I need help with shell script. I have various INSERT queries which inserts data into database. I want to insert 3rd column data into newline for one particular table. I have very time long txt file everytime and it have various INSERT/UPDATE queries but i have to done with it only one... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirfan
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with AWK - Compare a field in a file to lookup file and substitute if only a match

I have the below 2 files: 1) Third field from file1.txt should be compared to the first field of lookup.txt. 2) If match found then third field, file1.txt should be substituted with the second field from lookup.txt. 3)Else just print the line from file1.txt. File1.txt:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venalla_shine
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitute special Characters into a file

Hi experts :) I need to replace special characters into a file , in the followiing way : " --> "" ' --> '' _--> \_ I tried with the sed command but I'm getting and error ksh: $: not found. ksh: $: not found. sed: Function s/\/\/ cannot be parsed. Any idea ? Thanks , KOLAS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kolas79
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Substitute particular char in a file

I have a file like this. 1 aaa bcd 1 56 xyz 1 2 ccc rrr 1 25 512 1 1 zaz eee 1 55 511 1 I want to change middle 1's ie after bcd,rrr,eee to 0 where as other 1's should not change. Can you please provide a solution . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshari8888
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substitute a word in multiple file?

Team, I want to change below parameter in all the files in a directory, Check for HOSTNAME=`hostname` Change to HOSTNAME=localhost And I tried below but, its not working ☹ find /tmp -type f -exec sed 's/"HOSTNAME\=\`hostname\`"/"HOSTNAME\=localhost/g'" Help me if I am missing... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
6 Replies
X2SYS_MERGE(1gmt)					       Generic Mapping Tools						 X2SYS_MERGE(1gmt)

NAME
x2sys_merge - Merge an updated COEs tables SYNOPSIS
x2sys_merge -Amain_COElist.d -Mnew_COElist.d DESCRIPTION
x2sys_merge will read two crossovers data base and output the contents of the main one updated with the COEs in the second one. The second file should only contain updated COEs relatively to the first one. That is, it MUST NOT contain any new two tracks intersections (This point is NOT checked in the code). This program is useful when, for any good reason like file editing NAV correction or whatever, one had to recompute only the COEs between the edited files and the rest of the database. -A Specify the file main_COElist.d with the main crossover error data base. -M Specify the file new_COElist.d with the newly computed crossover error data base. OPTIONS
No space between the option flag and the associated arguments. EXAMPLES To update the main COE_data.txt with the new COEs estimations saved in the smaller COE_fresh.txt, try x2sys_merge -ACOE_data.txt -MCOE_fresh.txt > COE_updated.txt SEE ALSO
x2sys_binlist(1), x2sys_cross(1), x2sys_datalist(1), x2sys_get(1), x2sys_init(1), x2sys_list(1), x2sys_put(1), x2sys_report(1) GMT 4.5.7 15 Jul 2011 X2SYS_MERGE(1gmt)