Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 when trying to run ps as particular user Post 302322342 by amitranjansahu on Wednesday 3rd of June 2009 11:39:43 AM
Old 06-03-2009
first check with ldd ld.so.1

provide the output of bellow info

file ldd ld.so.1
and
file /usr/dt/lib/libXm.so.3

As per my understanding this is due to the fact that you are pointing
to a 32 bit shared object.

And check that user's LD_LIBRARY_PATH path is correct

Last edited by Neo; 04-08-2019 at 04:15 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

STL Iterator and user-defined class

Is is possible to make STL-Iterator to work with user defined class ,like the one below? #include <iostream> #include <stdexcept> using namespace std; template <class T> class Array { public: T& operator (unsigned i) throw(out_of_range) { return data_; } protected: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnbach
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix user login class

Hello - Could anyone please explain what is login class in unix..? is it supported by Linux, AIX, HP-UX, Solaris? Also how do we update this when a user is created? I looked into man pages for useradd/usermod and mkuser, but could not find any option to add/update login class for a user. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manju--
5 Replies

3. Programming

Filling the class from values taken from user input

I have a program that accepts user input. For example I have mdacc that the user sets the value. I then have a class which stores the value set by the user. I use set_param to set the values in the class. I pass through it the list of user defines arguments from argv. What would be the opinion on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Wrong ELF class

guys anyone knows a solution for this? wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64 pwrcard:cms-dev:/pcard16/pwrcard/src/interfaces/interface_host>isainfo -v 64-bit sparcv9 applications vis2 vis 32-bit sparc applications vis2 vis v8plus div32 mul32... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: q8devilish
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Wrong ELF data format: ELFDATA2MSB at /usr/perl5/5.8.4/lib/i86pc-solaris-64int/DynaLoader.pm

We are trying to install our project on solaris 10 x86 machine. we are getting the following error. Can't load '/u01/apps/WatchMark/FlexPM//R39FOA1/sw/perl/lib/auto/DBI/DBI.so' for module DBI: ld.so.1: perl: fatal: /u01/apps/WatchMark/FlexPM//R39FOA1/sw/perl/lib/auto/DBI/DBI.so: wrong ELF data... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagandadi
3 Replies

6. Solaris

run a service via startup script (correct me if I am wrong)

Environment Solaris 9 I have configured the Solaris9 as NTP client in which Solaris9 is syncing the time with a windows2008 R2 Server which is runing fine. Now I want that the xntpd service should start at startup. I did this via a script. Kindly correct if I did any thing wrong: 1.)Made... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrong output when run via Cron

Hello, This may be a simple one, but i can't see what the issue is. When i run the script via CLI, then i get the correct output via the if statement, but when i run via CRON i get the wrong statement. echo " Checking Job Status" >> $DIR/Bpimagecleanup_$DATE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Not able to run any command /lib64/ld-Linux-x86-64.so.2: bad ELF interpreter

Hi, I accidentally did this: wadhwaso@nxsdgd01 deps]$sudo rpm -e --nodeps glibc-2.5-107.x86_64 error: %postun(glibc-2.5-107.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 255 and since then I am not able to run any command on this server except 'cd'. I always get the following error: $ ls... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunn3r
6 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

When I run the script, the cursor starts on the wrong line?

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: It's a shell script using a looping logic, trap, tput, if, while. Most of the scripts in this book aren't written... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckleinholz
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Install Apache 2.4.20 on Solaris 10 --- Error "ld: fatal: file ab.o: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32"

I am following the "Compilling and Installing" guide from Apache > HTTP Server > Documentation > Version 2.4 page The configure running OK: # export CC="gcc -m64" # ./configure \ --prefix=/usr/local/apache2/httpd-2.4.20 \ --with-port=80 \ --with-mpm=worker \ --enable-mods-shared=most \... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhuang
0 Replies
LDD(1)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							    LDD(1)

NAME
ldd - print shared library dependencies SYNOPSIS
ldd [OPTION]... FILE... DESCRIPTION
ldd prints the shared libraries required by each program or shared library specified on the command line. OPTIONS
--version Print the version number of ldd. -v --verbose Print all information, including, for example, symbol versioning information. -u --unused Print unused direct dependencies. (Since glibc 2.3.4.) -d --data-relocs Perform relocations and report any missing objects (ELF only). -r --function-relocs Perform relocations for both data objects and functions, and report any missing objects or functions (ELF only). --help Usage information. NOTES
The standard version of ldd comes with glibc2. Libc5 came with an older version, still present on some systems. The long options are not supported by the libc5 version. On the other hand, the glibc2 version does not support -V and only has the equivalent --version. The libc5 version of this program will use the name of a library given on the command line as-is when it contains a '/'; otherwise it searches for the library in the standard locations. To run it on a shared library in the current directory, prefix the name with "./". BUGS
ldd does not work on a.out shared libraries. ldd does not work with some extremely old a.out programs which were built before ldd support was added to the compiler releases. If you use ldd on one of these programs, the program will attempt to run with argc = 0 and the results will be unpredictable. SEE ALSO
ld.so(8), ldconfig(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. 2000-10-30 LDD(1)