Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Sound fails after waking from hibernate -- Intrepid/Xubuntu Post 302322335 by Dedalus on Wednesday 3rd of June 2009 11:21:52 AM
Old 06-03-2009
really don't know how to fix it permanently, but if you use alsa you can try by:

Code:
sudo alsa force-reload

Bye

This should help

D.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Waking up windowsXP from FC3

In my home network I have a windows XP server and a Redhat FC3 Linux server. The linux server has ssh open to the internet. What I'd like to do is ssh into the FC3 machine and "wakeup" the windows XP box which is in standby mode. Anyone know a way to achieve this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

2. Linux

How to enable Hibernate

Hi, I want to enable hibernate in my machine. when i click hibernate option, it is throwing message that hibernate is not enabled in kernel. earlier, i was hibernating in the same machine with windows os. any idea ? Thx in advance. Siva (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Hibernate in Linux

1) How to enable Hibernate in Linux ? 2) Does compiling kernel from source code alters the current setup of the kernel after implementation Thx in advance, siva. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
3 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Computer freezes (Xubuntu Intrepid)

This is just a general question. I've had my computer lock up about a dozen times since I've been running Linux, usually because of multimedia plug-in type issues (but also because of badly-behaving math software). The screen doesn't refresh and I can't usually move the cursor. What should I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
3 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Losing wmx0 interface after waking up from hibernation

I don't know why, but I can't connect to my WiMax network after waking up from hibernation... System log shows the following messages: Feb 5 10:07:52 lenovo-S102 wimaxd: wimaxd event: libwimax: 6843 Feb 5 10:07:52 lenovo-S102 wimaxd: wimaxd event: E: RX: cannot join multicast group 0: -22... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hibernate and Suspend

I have a C++ program which ends up getting run on every conceivable distro. What I can't do in C++, I can do by shelling out to the O/S. I am trying to find a portable way to send the system into hibernate and suspend modes. For users who have pm-utils, of course, I can use that, but I am trying... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrandonShw
4 Replies

7. IP Networking

waking up

can i shutdown or wake on call all the pc's connected in a network using tools? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yashwanthguru
3 Replies
AMBDEC(1)						      General Commands Manual							 AMBDEC(1)

NAME
ambdec - Ambisonic decoder for first and second order SYNOPSIS
ambdec [options] ambdec_cli config_file DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the ambdec and ambdec_cli commands. AmbDec is an Ambisonics decoder for up to 36 speakers. It can be used for both horizontal and full 3-D systems of first, second and third order. The decoding matrices are fully user-configurable. AmbDec has some advanced features not found on most decoders: Dual frequency band operation. Optimal Ambisonics reproduction requires a different decoder for low and high frequencies. This is so mainly because human perception of sound direction uses different mechanisms at low and high frequencies. The crossover filters used in AmbDec are phase-aligned (the two outputs are exactly in phase at all frequencies). The combined response is equivalent to a first-order all-pass network, which is very probably inaudible. Speaker distance compensation. If the speakers are not all at the same distance to the center of the listening area, this must be compen- sated by including the right delays and gain corrections. Near-field effect compensation. Ambisonics works by reconstructing the spherical harmonic components of a sound field at the center of the listening area, using all speakers to synthesize each of them. All non-zero order components show a near-field effect depending on the ratio wavelength=distance, and increasing for rising order. One example of this is the well known 'proximity effect' of directional micro- phones ('directional' is equivalent to 'using non-zero order components'). Except in very large installations, where the speaker distances will be large enough so the listening area is not in the near field, this effect must be compensated for in order to obtain a correct reconstruction of a sound field. OPTIONS
ambdec accepts the following command line options: -h Show summary of options. -c FILE Load configuration from FILE. -p PATH Load presets from PATH. -V VOLUME Set initial volume in dB. AUTHOR
ambdec was written by Fons Adriaensen <fons@kokkinizita.net>. This manual page was written by Alessio Treglia <quadrispro@ubuntu.com>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). 2010/03/14 AMBDEC(1)