Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help using SED to comment XML elements Post 302322247 by panyam on Wednesday 3rd of June 2009 07:37:56 AM
Old 06-03-2009
If you post your input and the expected output , then surely you can expect more responses .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read elements of a xml file??????

Hi, What is a good way to read elements of an xml file? i did try xmllint it doesnt provide a function to output values of a tree. In the below example when i specify from Family2 I need the name of the father then the output should be DAVE. Appreciate any help provided in this regards. Many... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

get rid of xml comment by grep or sed

Hi, I would like to get rid of all comment in an xml file by grep or sed command: The content seem like this: <!-- ab cd ef gh ij kl --> Anyone can help? Thanks and Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RonLii
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to comment out line in /etc/vfstab

I am running a script remotely to do the following 1. Kill all processes by a user 2. Uninstall certain packages 3. FTP over a new file 4. Kill a ldap process that is not allowing my /devdsk/c0t0d0s7 slice to un-mount 5. Unmount /h 6. comment out the slice in vfstab 7. newfs the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comment a line with SED

I have around 25 hosts and each hosts has 4 instance of jboss and 4 different ip attached to it . I need to make some changes to the startup scripts. Any tips appreciated. I have total of 100 instances which bind to 100 different ip address based on instance name. For example File1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gubbu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to put block comment after finding regex in xml file

hi, i need my bash script to find regex in xml file.. and comment 2 lines before and after the line that contains regex.. can't use # needs to be <!-- at the beginning and --> and the end of the comment. so eg.. first block <filter> <filter-name>MyRegEx</filter-name> ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poki
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML elements and store them in array

Hi Friends Im so confused with using 'for' loop in ksh. I have a xml like the following: <serviceProvider> <serviceProviderID>1</serviceProviderID> <serviceProviderName>Balesh</serviceProviderName> <serviceFeeAmount>30.00</serviceFeeAmount> </serviceProvider>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balesh
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing part of XML code inside comment tags

Hello! I'd like to modify custom values in a XML config file between comment tags using bash script. <feature> <keyboardshortcut>C-m</keyboardshortcut> <option1>disabled</option2> <option2>enabled</option2> </feature> <!-- bash script features START --> <feature> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prism1
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract only required elements from XML.

Hi , I have an XML like this. <Request> <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"> <version>v44</version><messageId>7247308192</messageId><timeToLive>72000000000</timeToLive> </Request>. I want to extract on version and messageId. As in my output... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetan.c
13 Replies

9. AIX

Comment out crontab using sed command

I am trying to comment out the crontab entries using sed. I want to comment it out for a particular environment say '/mypath/scripts/'. Using the full path as pattern, it is working. but using variable it is not working. i have tried double quotes too. but no luck! $ crontab -l ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SKhan
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can we extract specific elements from XML?

Hi, I have a requirement to extract specific element value dynamically from XML message. Here is the sample message: <File> <List> <main> <dir>doc/store834/archive</dir> <count>5</count> </main> <main> <dir>doc/store834/extract</dir> <count>6</count> </main> <main> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: renukeswar
3 Replies
XML::Handler::CanonXMLWriter(3) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   XML::Handler::CanonXMLWriter(3)

NAME
XML::Handler::CanonXMLWriter - output XML in canonical XML format SYNOPSIS
use XML::Handler::CanonXMLWriter; $writer = XML::Handler::CanonXMLWriter OPTIONS; $parser->parse(Handler => $writer); DESCRIPTION
"XML::Handler::CanonXMLWriter" is a PerlSAX handler that will return a string or write a stream of canonical XML for an XML instance and it's content. "XML::Handler::CanonXMLWriter" objects hold the options used for writing the XML objects. Options can be supplied when the the object is created, $writer = new XML::Handler::CanonXMLWriter PrintComments => 1; or modified at any time before calling the parser's `"parse()"' method: $writer->{PrintComments} = 0; OPTIONS
IOHandle IOHandle contains a handle for writing the canonical XML to. If an IOHandle is not provided, the canonical XML string will be returned from `"parse()"'. PrintComments By default comments are not written to the output. Setting comment to a true value will include comments in the output. AUTHOR
Ken MacLeod, ken@bitsko.slc.ut.us SEE ALSO
perl(1), PerlSAX James Clark's Canonical XML definition <http://www.jclark.com/xml/canonxml.html> perl v5.16.3 2003-10-21 XML::Handler::CanonXMLWriter(3)