Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris creating service in sun solaris Post 302322233 by suresh_rtp on Wednesday 3rd of June 2009 07:20:18 AM
Old 06-03-2009
creating service in sun solaris

hi,
any body have a idea how to create a service in sunsolaries(like windows).is it possible to create a service?.if any body having idea help me?

regards
suresh

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

creating a service in init.d

Hai Friends I have written a DayTime server program using C socket.. I need to start the service automatically. My service directory is /etc/rc.d/init.d... my service name is DayTime present in /home/codebase/datetime/ directory.. Please help me :confused: :confused: :confused: Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
2 Replies

2. Tips and Tutorials

Creating a Solaris10 service

The general steps required are: o Determine the proccess for starting and stopping your service. o Establish a name for the service, and the category this service falls into. o Determine whether your service runs multiple instances. o Identify any dependency relationships between this service... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Solaris 10: How do I create a bootup disc? The Sun website confuses me

Hey there, I am starting a Computer Science Foundation year at the end of this month and am trying to get a little bit ahead of the game. I have always wanted to learn Unix and am currently struggling with creating a boot disc to run Solaris (I have chosen to study this) from as opposed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jupiter
0 Replies

4. AIX

Creating startup service for JBoss

Hello Friends, Does anyone know how to create a startup script for Jboss on IBM AIX 5.3? Please help me, I'd be highly grateful to you... Thanks & Regards, Vinit (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpatil6688
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies

6. Solaris

useful links and help resources for Sun's products and Sun's Solaris

Hi all, Those links might help anyone Knowledge base Video tutorials (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
0 Replies
NE_SET_REQUEST_BODY_(3) 					neon API reference					   NE_SET_REQUEST_BODY_(3)

NAME
ne_set_request_body_buffer, ne_set_request_body_fd, ne_set_request_body_fd64 - include a message body with a request SYNOPSIS
#include <ne_request.h> void ne_set_request_body_buffer(ne_request *req, const char *buf, size_t count); int ne_set_request_body_fd(ne_request *req, int fd, off_t begin, off_t length); DESCRIPTION
The ne_set_request_body_buffer function specifies that a message body should be included with the body, which is stored in the count bytes buffer buf. The ne_set_request_body_fd function can be used to include a message body with a request which is read from a file descriptor. The body is read from the file descriptor fd, which must be a associated with a seekable file (not a pipe, socket, or FIFO). count bytes are read, beginning at offset begin (hence, passing begin as zero means the body is read from the beginning of the file). For all the above functions, the source of the request body must survive until the request has been dispatched; neither the memory buffer passed to ne_set_request_body_buffer nor the file descriptor passed to ne_set_request_body_fd are copied internally. SEE ALSO
ne_request_create AUTHOR
Joe Orton <neon@lists.manyfish.co.uk> Author. COPYRIGHT
neon 0.29.6 3 May 2011 NE_SET_REQUEST_BODY_(3)