Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: failure in lucreate
Operating Systems Solaris failure in lucreate Post 302322206 by Hitesh Shah on Wednesday 3rd of June 2009 05:59:45 AM
Old 06-03-2009
error installing SUNWlucfg

When install SUNWlucfg , i get following error .
---------------------------------------------------
The installation of this package was previously terminated and
installation was never successfully completed.

Do you want to continue with the installation of <SUNWlucfg> [y,n,?] y
Using </> as the package base directory.
## Processing package information.
## Processing system information.
3 package pathnames are already properly installed.
## Verifying disk space requirements.
## Checking for conflicts with packages already installed.
## Checking for setuid/setgid programs.

This package contains scripts which will be executed with super-user
permission during the process of installing this package.

Do you want to continue with the installation of <SUNWlucfg> [y,n,?] y

Installing Live Upgrade Configuration as <SUNWlucfg>

## Executing preinstall script.
## Installing part 1 of 1.
[ verifying class <none> ]
/var/sadm/pkg/SUNWlucfg/install/i.AddNoUpdate: /var/sadm/pkg/SUNWlucfg/install/i
.AddNoUpdate: cannot open
pkgadd: ERROR: class action script did not complete successfully

Installation of <SUNWlucfg> failed.
# cd /var/sadm/pkg/SUNWlucfg/install/
# ls -l
total 18
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root other 93 Mar 10 2007 copyright
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root other 453 Mar 10 2007 i.addnoupdate
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root other 4853 Mar 10 2007 i.etcdeflu
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root other 148 Mar 10 2007 r.addnoupdate
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root other 146 Mar 10 2007 r.etcdeflu

-----------------------------------
How can I eliminate this error.

-----Post Update-----

Further installing the SUNWlur package , get the following error
================================
/etc/lu/solaris_profile
/etc/lu/zones_pkgadd_admin
/sbin/luactivate
[ verifying class <none> ]
ERROR: attribute verification of </etc/lib/lu/liblu.so.1> failed
pathname does not exist

/etc/rc0.d/K62lu <linked pathname>

-------------------------------

And the package partially failed . This according to me is related to lucreate problem originally discussed .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ld failure

Hi, I am using gmake to compile a c program with a makefile. The make file runs ld. I get the following error jsh1035c:/users/egate453/admegate/kapil/samples $ gmake -e -f GNUmakefile queue_c gmake -f ./GNUmakefile queue_c in_objdir=1 build_root=/users/egate453/admegate/kapil/samples... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
2 Replies

2. Linux

Boot failure

Hi all I used a dual boot operating system and it works fine for me. Now , i install a Ati radeon 9250 Agp card on my system and this results in boot failure of fedora 6. The graphics card is working fine with windows XP , i.e i have no compatibility issues.The system also refuses to boot when i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshighanshyam
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

su failure

Usually when su rejects an attempt to switch user it responds with "Sorry" but with a certain username on some unix servers the response is "Killed". I'm guessing the su accepted the username/password but refused to spawn child shell with the specified username. What's causing this and what has to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
8 Replies

4. Solaris

lucreate error

Hello, On solaris 10, trying to run lucreate as below, lucreate -c Solaris10 -n Solaris10_lu -m /:/dev/dsk/c0t2d0s0:ufs -m -:/dev/dsk/c0t2d0s1:swap -m /export/home:/dev/dsk/c0t2dufs7 but it's resulting in an error as below, Discovering physical storage devices Discovering logical... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Live Upgrade - lucreate fails

Hi, I currently have one BE and would like to create an ABE. # lustatus BE_name Complete Active ActiveOnReboot CopyStatus ------------------------------------------------------------------------ coolthreads yes yes yes - But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgarousi
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Boot failure

I have installed Solaris 10 OS in Sun Virtual Box that uses x86 32 bit system. After an abnormal shutdown i'm getting the following message on the console when i try to boot. SunOS Release 5.10 Version Generic_127128_11 32-bit Copyright 1983-200 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserrved. Use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Failure

Hi , I need to write a IF condition to know if a SFTP file transfer is successful or not and send email if its failed. `sftp username@servername <<comm1 cd /directory put filename comm1 bye` I use above commands for my connections. So please help me to write a IF statement. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna87
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up failure unix sco after power failure

hi power went out. next day unix sco wont boot up error code 303. any help appreciated as we are clueless. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredthayer
11 Replies

9. Solaris

Copying disk - dd or lucreate?

Got server that I want to have an 'image' of disk to keep in case of failure. What I want to be able to do is, in the event of disk failure, remove system disk replace with cloned disk (same slot) and reboot. Trouble is I cant take this server down to single user. Is dd still a viable... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Lucreate Fails to Create Boot Environment;

My OS solarius 5.10 Generic_147148-2 i86 Error: please review new boots environments using options 1. Solution - show me the commands Partition is full, try to remove some unneeded files, then try to compress some other unneeded files. man command creates a temp file under... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zbest1966
0 Replies
contents(4)                                                        File Formats                                                        contents(4)

NAME
contents - list of files and associated packages SYNOPSIS
/var/sadm/install/contents DESCRIPTION
The file /var/sadm/install/contents is a source of information about the packages installed on the system. This file must never be edited directly. Always use the package and patch commands (see SEE ALSO) to make changes to the contents file. Each entry in the contents file is a single line. Fields in each entry are separated by a single space character. Two major styles of entries exist, old style and new style. The following is the format of an old-style entry: ftype class path package(s) The following is the general format of a new-style entry: path[=rpath] ftype class [ftype-optional-fields] package(s) New-style entries differ for each ftype. The ftype designates the entry type, as specified in pkgmap(4). The format for new-style entries, for each ftype, is as follows: ftype s: path=rpath s class package ftype l: path l class package ftype d: path d class mode owner group package(s) ftype b: path b class major minor mode owner group package ftype c: path c class major minor mode owner group package ftype f: path f class mode owner group size cksum modtime package ftype x: path x class mode owner group package ftype v: path v class mode owner group size cksum modtime package ftype e: path e class mode owner group size cksum modtime package A significant distinction between old- and new-style entries is that the former do not begin with a slash (/) character, while the latter (new-style) always do. For example, the following are new-style entries: d none /dev SUNWcsd e passwd /etc/passwd SUNWcsr The following are new-style entries: /dev d none 0755 root sys SUNWcsr SUNWcsd /etc/passwd e passwd 0644 root sys 580 48299 1077177419 SUNWcsr The following are the descriptions of the fields in both old- and new-style entries. path The absolute path of the node being described. For ftype s (indicating a symbolic link) this is the indirect pointer (link) name. rpath The relative path to the real file or linked-to directory name. ftype A one-character field that indicates the entry type (see pkgmap(4)). class The installation class to which the file belongs (see pkgmap(4)). package The package associated with this entry. For ftype d (directory) more than one package can be present. mode The octal mode of the file (see pkgmap(4)). owner The owner of the file (see pkgmap(4)). group The group to which the file belongs (see pkgmap(4)). major The major device number (see pkgmap(4)). minor The minor device number (see pkgmap(4)). size The actual size of the file in bytes as reported by sum (see pkgmap(4)). cksum The checksum of the file contents (see pkgmap(4)). modtime The time of last modification (see pkgmap(4)). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
patchadd(1M), pkgadd(1M), pkgadm(1M), pkgchk(1M), pkgmap(4), attributes(5) NOTES
As shown above, the interface stability of /var/sadm/install/contents is Unstable (see attributes(5)). It is common practice to use this file in a read-only manner to determine which files belong to which packages installed on a system. While this file has been present for many releases of the Solaris operating system, it might not be present in future releases. The fully supported way to obtain information from the installed package database is through pkgchk(1M). It is highly recommended that you use pkgchk rather than relying on the contents file. SunOS 5.10 29 Jun 2004 contents(4)