Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Connect two servers in shell script Post 302322095 by Geller on Tuesday 2nd of June 2009 08:16:53 PM
Old 06-02-2009
Connect two servers in shell script

Hello all, I know that is a question which has made too many times, and I have been looking into the threads but all posted was not sucessfully for me so...

I need a shell script which connect two unix servers, but NOT using ssh... Is there another way to do it?

I've tried ssh but it didn't work because the servers are Solaris 8 so, I don't think that is supported by SSH.

Please help, thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need script to connect sftp servers

Dear friends, i need to connect sftp server from my home directory using script . Please can anyone help me on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell/perl script to connect to different servers in single login in teradata

Hi, I want to write a shell script to compare two tables in teradata.these tables are present on different servers. I want to connect to both servers in single login in order to fetch and compare the data in one go. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monika
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to oracle db using shell script

Hi, I want to connect to oracle db using unix shell script. And i want to retrieve data from db through shell script. Please help me as soon as possible. Thanks, J.P. Das (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotidas
1 Replies

4. AIX

Connect HMC to remote servers

I'm trying to connect a few servers in different remote locations to my HMC. I added static IPs to the Service Processor through ASM, and did all the necessary network configurations, then connected those servers to our switch. Now my questions are: - in our site, do I need to connect these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dardeer
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to connect to multiple ssh servers

Hello, I have access to several linux servers (mostly centos based) located in a DC in another country. from day to day I need to login to each of them to do some work (they dont have gui/window manager installed, I work only from console), or even to just do a check like df -h for disc usage.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaRiOsGR
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script connect to remote servers and become root

Hi, I need a script that will connect to a list of servers and first sudo to root and then run a couple of commands. For security reasons, we can't setup ssh keys as root. Manually I have to login to a server as user and then sudo to root. It's not possible to use root@servername , because of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: misterx12345
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to connect from one server to other

Dear Experts, I am new to the shell scripting. I am looking for a shell script to connect to one Unix/Linux server1 to other Unix/Linux server2 and trigger a SAP Event in that server2 (Which will trigger a job in SAP). Is this possible to connect from one server to the other server securely... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venu V Reddy
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can we connect multiple servers at a time?

help me (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu pandey
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to connect

hello i try to made a report to conect all database to diferent OS HP-UX/LINUX/SOLARIS/AIX this is my example i have 5 db OS are HP-UX ps -fea | grep pmon root 1120 1 0 Nov 29 ? 5:14 ipmon -sD oracle 10286 1 0 Nov 29 ? 27:19 ora_pmon_BD1 oracle 10431... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ceciaide
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connect direct - SFTP - List of servers that I can connect

Greetings Experts, I am working for a bank client and have a question on connect-direct and SFTP. We are using Linux RedHat servers. We use connect-direct to transfer (NDM) files from one server to another server. At times, we manually transfer the files using SFTP from one server to another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
2 Replies
times(1)                                                           User Commands                                                          times(1)

NAME
times - shell built-in function to report time usages of the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh times ksh times DESCRIPTION
sh Print the accumulated user and system times for processes run from the shell. ksh Print the accumulated user and system times for the shell and for processes run from the shell. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), sh(1), time(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 times(1)