Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to find out the file's name excluding string? Post 302322047 by GreatJerry on Tuesday 2nd of June 2009 04:13:06 PM
Old 06-02-2009
Thanks for response.
I am sorry for confusing.
I want to find out the files without containing a specific pattern (like example here:"Export terminated successfully without warnings")

Thank you
Jerry

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find excluding the hidden files

Hi , I am trying to use the find command with delete in a directory . Even though i use a wil character search the find command is checking the hidden files which inturn results in error . Can i avoid look that into the hidden files ?? I am using HP unix . find /cv1/ -name "ite*"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find excluding a directory and a file

Hi I have some 5 folders and two files in the current directory. I want to delete all, expect one folder(files in the folder too should not be deleted) and a file in the current directory. Lets say the folder and file that should not be deleted as 'a'(folder name) and 'b'(file name). Can you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ammu
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Excluding directories with find

How do I exclude directories with the find command on Solaris? I want to skip the directories /proc and /shared. find / -nouser -print This shows me all files and directories that don't have an owner but I need to skip /shared and /proc. I've been able to get it to work on Linux... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: x96riley3
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help in excluding a particular directory using Find commad

Hi, I have a directory structure as below /home/gad/Merl/a/a1.txt /home/gad/Merl/b/a1.txt /home/gad/Merl/c/a1.txt How can I find the file a1.txt but not from directory 'a' and it(the filw) should loaded 6 days ago.. Can any one pls help,quick reply much appriciated.. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagadish_gaddam
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find the count of commas in a string excluding the ones in double quotes

Hi, my requirement is to find the count of commas in a string excluding the ones in double quotes. For example: If the input string is abc,xyz.com,lmhgdf,"abc, 401 street","tty,stt",45,23,45 The output should be 7 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitshete
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excluding directories from a find

I've looked at a few similar threads, but I can't bridge from those examples to what I'm working on, so I'm hoping someone can help. I want to extend the following statement find $PathToCheck -type f \( -not -iwholename "$ScriptDir/*" \) -exec md5sum "{}" \;>$NewSigs to exclude several... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixie
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find string in file and find the all records by string

Hello I would like to get know how to do this: I got a big file (about 1GB) and I need to find a string (for instance by grep ) and then find all records in this file based on a string. Thanks for advice. Martin (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mape
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can you use find with ps or doing find excluding file in use

Hi, I am currently using the find below to remove old files. I am redirecting the listing to a file and then use a while-loop and do a rm cd ${directory} find . \( ! -name . -prune \) \( -type f -name "*.trc" -mtime +10 \) | sed 's#^./##' | sed "s#^#${directory}/#" 2>/dev/null | tee -a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - Find files excluding file patterns and subfolder patterns

Hello. For a given folder, I want to select any files find $PATH1 -f \( -name "*" but omit any files like pattern name ! -iname "*.jpg" ! -iname "*.xsession*" ..... \) and also omit any subfolder like pattern name -type d \( -name "/etc/gconf/gconf.*" -o -name "*cache*" -o -name "*Cache*" -o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find file with extension and excluding directory

Hi, I have an inquiry on how do I use the find command in Solaris Unix to find some file ends with extension : txt, err in the root directory with modified date of 30days and this find command will also need to exclude b directory and its subdirectory. All the files from the above find criteria... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowfrost88
5 Replies
thr_join(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					      thr_join(3C)

NAME
thr_join - wait for thread termination SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file...[ library... ] #include <thread.h> int thr_join(thread_t thread, thread_t *departed, void **status); DESCRIPTION
The thr_join() function suspends processing of the calling thread until the target thread completes. The thread argument must be a member of the current process and cannot be a detached thread. See thr_create(3C). If two or more threads wait for the same thread to complete, all will suspend processing until the thread has terminated, and then one thread will return successfully and the others will return with an error of ESRCH. The thr_join() function will not block processing of the calling thread if the target thread has already terminated. If a thr_join() call returns successfully with a non-null status argument, the value passed to thr_exit(3C) by the terminating thread will be placed in the location referenced by status. If the target thread ID is 0, thr_join() finds and returns the status of a terminated undetached thread in the process. If no such thread exists, it suspends processing of the calling thread until a thread for which no other thread is waiting enters that state, at which time it returns successfully, or until all other threads in the process are either daemon threads or threads waiting in thr_join(), in which case it returns EDEADLK. See NOTES. If departed is not NULL, it points to a location that is set to the ID of the terminated thread if thr_join() returns successfully. RETURN VALUES
If successful, thr_join() returns 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
EDEADLK A joining deadlock would occur, such as when a thread attempts to wait for itself, or the calling thread is waiting for any thread to exit and only daemon threads or waiting threads exist in the process. ESRCH No undetached thread could be found corresponding to the given thread ID. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
thr_create(3C), thr_exit(3C), wait(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) NOTES
Using thr_join(3C) in the following syntax, while (thr_join(0, NULL, NULL) == 0); will wait for the termination of all non-daemon threads, excluding threads that are themselves waiting in thr_join(). SunOS 5.11 27 Mar 2000 thr_join(3C)