Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Why the nohup-ed background process always is "stopped" ? Post 302322036 by otheus on Tuesday 2nd of June 2009 03:44:06 PM
Old 06-02-2009
The script a.sh calls itself?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"nohup" and "&" commands

Why would anyone ever type in a command like this: nohup command & nohup lets you logout of your telnet session so why add "&" to run it in the background? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xadamz23
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to include RETURN KEY with Background process "&" in Shell Script

Hello All, I am a newbie in Shell script programming, and maybe you can help me with my query. I need to write a shell script (mntServer.ksh) that will start a background process and also to be able to run another script. The mntServer.ksh script contains: #!/bin/ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: racbern
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using mutiple "nohup" to execute multiple commands.

I need to run multiple commands on remote server using the nohup... I have tried 2 options 1) rsh <SERVER_NAME> -n "nohup perl $SCRIPTS_DIR/abc.pl ; $SCRIPTS_DIR/xyz.ksh & " & 2) rsh <SERVER_NAME> -n "nohup perl $SCRIPTS_DIR/abc.pl & nohup $SCRIPTS_DIR/xyz.ksh & " & I need to know if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aster007
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

"service" , "process" and " daemon" ?

Friends , Anybody plz tell me what is the basic difference between "service" , "process" and " daemon" ? Waiting for kind reply .. .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why the nohup-ed background process always is "stopped" ?

I let a script A call script B. I used nohup a.sh &>/tmp/log & In script A it calls B directly, without any redirecting or nohup or background. However A is always "Stopped", while B is running correctly. Anybody knows why? thanks! -----Post Update----- BTW, if I don't use nohup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meili100
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can "netif_queue_stopped" function check wether or not the net device queue is stopped?

Hi, all: In linux 3.0.4, can "netif_queue_stopped" function check wether or not the net device queue is stopped? How could I know wether a net device queue is stopped or not? li,kunlun (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: liklstar
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Using "$!" to get the PID of the Last Ran Background Process

Hello All, I was looking into creating a script that would be used only to start a Daemon and create a lock file... F.Y.I. It's for Nagios' NRPE Daemon Plugin... Anyway when I run the command to start the Daemon (below): /usr/local/nagios/bin/nrpe -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/nrpe.cfg -d And... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zsh builtin "kill" stopped working

Hi all, I've been using zsh for a while, and was enjoying the builtin "kill" with tab completion. But since I installed "oh-my-zsh" the kill completion has stopped working. I have not edited my new ~/.zshrc file. My ~/.oh-my-zsh/lib/completions.zsh contains the following: zstyle... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickednamed
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
NOHUP(1)							   User Commands							  NOHUP(1)

NAME
nohup - run a command immune to hangups, with output to a non-tty SYNOPSIS
nohup COMMAND [ARG]... nohup OPTION DESCRIPTION
Run COMMAND, ignoring hangup signals. --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit If standard input is a terminal, redirect it from /dev/null. If standard output is a terminal, append output to 'nohup.out' if possible, '$HOME/nohup.out' otherwise. If standard error is a terminal, redirect it to standard output. To save output to FILE, use 'nohup COMMAND > FILE'. NOTE: your shell may have its own version of nohup, which usually supersedes the version described here. Please refer to your shell's doc- umentation for details about the options it supports. GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report nohup translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> AUTHOR
Written by Jim Meyering. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for nohup is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and nohup programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'nohup invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.22 June 2014 NOHUP(1)