Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to configure netbackup client in Solaris 9 & 10 Post 302321999 by incredible on Tuesday 2nd of June 2009 01:41:13 PM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris Mail Client & MS Exchange

Is it possible to configure the Solairs (2.6) mail client to get it's email from an MS Exchange server ? If so can soemone point me in the right direction. Thanx :confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ianf
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Cant configure video & nic (solaris 8 on x86)

can someone please through light on how to configure video and nic. Dimension 3000 Series, Intel Pentium 4 Processor at 2.8GHz 256MB DDR SDRAM at 400MHz EA 0.00 0.00 17 in (17 in viewable) E173FP Flat Panel Display EA Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics 2 EA Intel Pro 100M Integrated... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jimmpy
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Install & configure Openssh In Solaris 8

I hope someone out there can help. I'm trying to install & configure Openssh to my Solaris, I downloaded & Installed the following pkgs : openssh-4.4p1-sol8-sparc-local.gz openssl-0.9.8d-sol8-sparc-local.gz tcp_wrappers-7.6-sol8-sparc-local.gz zlib-1.2.1-sol8-sparc-local.gz... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Netbackup on Solaris 8

Hi, Anyone know netbackup 3.4 on Solaris 8 . Currently I use root to perform backup / monitoring ...etc . Can I create a user call "backup" and perform the same task What permission should I give the "backup" user . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: civic2005
1 Replies

5. Solaris

remotely Install netbackup on solaris

Hello - Could you please let me know where do I get the installer for installing netbackup on solaris 10 X86 ? along with the instructions? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: panchpan
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Netbackup Client Issue in Solaris 8

We have a Solaris 8 machine which is a Netbackup 5.0 clinet. Backups have been running fine. Today I see in dmesg that "bpcd/tcp: bind: Address already in use" error bpcd which is backup clinet deamon listens on port 13782 as stated in /etc/services when I do $ netstat -an|grep -i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Cannot configure NTP client

Hi, I am trying to configure NTP client on my Solaris server, but I am getting error like: Jan 13 10:53:33 SPOTS ntpdate: no server suitable for synchronization foundMy ntp.conf file: bash-3.00# pwd /etc/inet bash-3.00# bash-3.00# bash-3.00# cat ntp.conf # ident "@(#)ntp.client... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Netbackup Solaris Client confirmation

Greetings, I have a bunch of Solaris servers that are running Netbackup as a client. I set them up and my backup admin has confirmed that they are being backed up. But what I want to be able to do is run a command from each Solaris client to see some proof from the client side that the files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BrewDudeBob
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Configure Solaris 10 as a RADIUS Client

Hello, I have a solaris 10 U 8 and want it to authenticate any user against a remote RADIUS server and return it's appropriate privileges on the system First is it possible? and if yes, How I can do it? please a consider I'm a little "newbie" on Solaris world Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: basim
0 Replies

10. Proxy Server

Configure native ldap client on Solaris 10

Hi guys. First, sorry for my english, I´m tried to write the best form but sure I´m not do it. I´m tried to configure the native ldap client on Solaris 10 but yet dosen't work. May be the problem is in the pam.conf or something like that. This is the line I was applied to configure the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sultano
7 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)