Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need pseudo connectivity
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Need pseudo connectivity Post 302321960 by vbe on Tuesday 2nd of June 2009 11:54:17 AM
Old 06-02-2009
putty is a tool to do telnet or ssh, I doubt you work in a company that would accept peopple connecting over internet.. which makes me think more you are looking for something to do some VPN, google around on IP Tunnelling and VPN documentation

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Pseudo Terminals

I need to spawn a number of foreground process by reading a configuration file. Each process needs some form of I/O. Hence I need to run it on different terminals. How it can be done programatically , i.e. , my module needs to find which terminal is not in use, then open it, execute the process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.P.Prasad
2 Replies

2. SCO

pseudo driver

explain differences between a device driver & a pseudo driver...???? thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: areef4u
1 Replies

3. Solaris

pseudo: [ID 129642 kern.info] pseudo-device: vol0

Hi I have a system that gave me some messages on bootup that I was not used to seeing: pseudo: pseudo-device: vol0 genunix: vol0 is /pseudo/vol@0 these came with these: Feb 13 17:42:17 system1 eri: SUNW,eri0 : 100 Mbps full duplex link up Feb 13 17:42:21 system1sendmail: My unqualified... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mndavies
0 Replies

4. Solaris

what is /devices/pseudo/ ??

Hi all, what does this mean? if then <something> fi here is what i know.. it checks if the specified argument no($devid) in some function call is made into a block device and then proceeds with the execution of the loop. However am not understand what lofi@0:means? also is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

pseudo code needs help coding

Thanks in advance!!! Can I get someone to write this small script or can you direct me to a web link, etc. to get it done? --------- Initiate this script every 15 - 20 secs or so through cron. Gather LAN users' $info(username, mac or ipaddr, PID) OBJECT: Tie each username to a mac or ipaddr,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxhats
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pseudo Terminal

How can i view what my colleague is doing in the terminal pts/1 while i have logged into terminal pts/2 ?? Both have remotely logged in via ssh. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.bash_logout in Pseudo terminals

Hi all! I wrote a script that backups the bash history and it is called by .bash_logout. It work fine in /dev/ttyX terminals but the problem is it doesn't work when I logout from the pseudo-terminals i.e. /dev/pts/X (those created by gnome-terminal, konsole, etc). Does anybody have idea why it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: funyotros
0 Replies

8. Programming

questions about pseudo termial

I am studying APUE(advanced programming in the unix environment). I have read up to chapter19 pseudo terminal. I know that the pty is like a fake device for programs to direct STDIN and STDOUT to. But I don't know why we need it. Can someone tell me what is the use of pseudo terminal. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tefino
4 Replies

9. Solaris

pseudo device?

sometimes I see this message in dmesg: what does it mean? thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
5 Replies
vflip(1Vi)																vflip(1Vi)

NAME
vflip - flip an image horizontally and/or vertically SYNOPSIS
vflip [-hor] [-vert] [-option ...] [infile] [outfile] DESCRIPTION
vflip flips images horizontally and/or vertically. A horizontal flip exchanges the left and right sides of an image. A vertical flip exchanges the top and bottom. COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
vflip accepts the following options: -help Prints a message describing options. -in infile Specifies a Vista data file containing the input images. -out outfile Specifies where to write the flipped images as a Vista data file. -horizontal Specifies that a horizontal flip should be performed. -vertical Specifies that a vertical flip should be performed. If both -horizontal and -vertical are specified, the horizontal flip is performed first. If neither is specified, the images are neverthe- less flipped horizontally. SEE ALSO
vrotate(1Vi), vtranspose(1Vi), VImage(3Vi), Vista(7Vi) AUTHOR
Daniel Ko <ko@cs.ubc.ca> Vista Version 1.12 24 April 1993 vflip(1Vi)