Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity on how to protect your website against hackers Post 302321936 by Arne1983 on Tuesday 2nd of June 2009 11:18:29 AM
Old 06-02-2009
I'm excited to say that part 2 of my video series is available at Aachen Method - Free PHP Security Tutorials. I'm covering Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) and how you can protect your website against it. Over the past couple of weeks I was super busy with my other projects so I couldn't focus on this course, but that's all behind me now and I can work more on this. Smilie

Being able to secure your code against CSRF and XSS attacks is a critical skill in being able to charge higher rates as a freelancer, so don't skip these videos.

I also recorded a new introductory video for you where I talk about how people (read: employers) can't help the perception that expensive equals best. This is supposed to serve as a sneak peek of part 3 of my video series and it's a somewhat simplified version of the reality. I'm not suggesting that you should just start charging $500/hour like a lawyer and half a dozen hot chicks will immediately surround you because they will think you are the s***.

I'm also giving a 100% honest explanation on why I'm giving away all this content. Hint: It's not what you think. Definitely watch this video first.

Make sure you sign up for my newsletter so I can notify you right away when I release more killer videos. I promise I won't give your address to anyone and I will never spam you. You can remove your address from the list at any time simply by clicking on the unsubscribe link that is included in every e-mail.

P.S.: Yeah, I'm posting this on a Tuesday afternoon when I'm supposed to be working. I guess I procrastinate way too much. Smilie

P.P.S.: Here's the link again: Aachen Method - Free PHP Security Tutorials

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

protect dtterm

we have an hp-ux and a user requested me if i can password protect the dtterm. i know that this is possible but can you give me some hints in making this happen? thanks :cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquirer
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Hackers!!!!!

:o :oIve heard that there are some security issues with Unix/Linux.....im running SuSE 8.0 and i was wondering if anyone could help me out by hookin me up with some nice security programs or loopholes i can fix....thanx...p3ace:o :o And the sky opened...and it rained shit. - Anonymous (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: R34P3R
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Paranoid about hackers

Hi all I noted something strange on my server. The get mesages on my terminal even when I am not logged on. What does this mean? I don;t remember the excact message but it looked like messages from my /var/log/messages. "Can't locate mod probe!" or something like that. I am trying to get the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Protect from rm /

We recently had an accidental delete from /. I hold the root password but others are allowed to sudo over to root to perform admin tasks. The only way I want to permit deletion from / is by physically being root (su -). I'd like to add a line to the sudoers file which would permit all commands... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scottsl
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

any hackers? i need someones help

to get into an telephone account online :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackie8
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

protect process

how to protect my process from others to kill?? Double post, continued here, thread closed (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrintu
0 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)