Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System crash when update TL
Operating Systems AIX System crash when update TL Post 302321906 by ravager on Tuesday 2nd of June 2009 10:51:19 AM
Old 06-02-2009
This is related to boot device could not be opened or read you may have to do mksysb recovery of your system.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tru64 system crash

Hello All We are using Tru64 Unix V4.0D on a Digital Alpha 1200 machine, which by coincidence, crashed last night! Completely out of the Blue!!! After rebooting the system and recovering the databases everything seemed to work ok. It is however, discomforting not to know how or why the system... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ivo
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

System crash and Disk erasure !!!

I need some expert help, and would appreciate any feedback on the following problem: After power outage the machine didn't allow the login. When we checked it , it looked like both disks were completely empty. Luckily, we have a backup machine, and we can restore the disks. Has anybody seen... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGoubine
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP-UX system crash help please!!!

Hi, First of all, thanks for your help. I have downloaded freeBSD to study unix I'm here again 'cause my HP-UX 10.x has "broken". It raise this error: ---------------------------------------------------- Diagnostic System warning: = 0x1f005000 is POWERFAILED The diagnostic logging... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: efrenba
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to handle system which become crash automatically

helo, suppose u have well build in product system which is build in linux o.s. now due to reason system automatically become crash(software crash),then how do u handle such crash. which is better way to handle such crash. amit (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
0 Replies

5. Programming

socket system call can not succedd right after application crash.

hello all, I have developed a server application in C for ulinux kernel 2.6.It works very fine; creating a socket, binding it to a port, listening for incoming sockets and accepting them ,all finish without any error. But there is a problem regarding application crash.After an intentionally... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sedighzadeh
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System check after crash?

Hi all, First and foremost I would like to mention I am pretty new to Linux. I have some experience in Windows systems administration but nothing professionally. Expect some real newbie questions. For a small company I am trying to install a server so a development environment can be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Crazy Harry
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

restore data after system crash

Hi all, I have a server running HP-UX 11i V1 (11.11). We had a problem with the system disk which cannot boot and the recovery with the CD failed too. the only solution was to re-install the system on a new disk. The problem now is to get access to the data which are on other disks, not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aribault
2 Replies

8. AIX

Post mortem for critical Production AIX System Reboot/Crash

Hello All, Critical AIX production box crashed/rebooted while our team is working on it and we need to generate a detailed report for that, below are few questions that need to be included in the report. (We are System Administration team and everyone in our team has root access via sudo as well... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
3 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

MacOS 10.15.2 Catalina display crash and system panic

MacPro (2013) 12-Core, 64GB RAM (today's crash): panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff7f8b333ad5): userspace watchdog timeout: no successful checkins from com.apple.WindowServer in 120 seconds service: com.apple.logd, total successful checkins since load (318824 seconds ago): 31883, last successful... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
MBRLABEL(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       MBRLABEL(8)

NAME
mbrlabel -- update disk label from MBR label(s) SYNOPSIS
mbrlabel [-fqrw] [-s sector] device DESCRIPTION
mbrlabel is used to update a NetBSD disk label from the Master Boot Record (MBR) label(s) found on disks that were previously used on DOS/Windows systems (or other MBR using systems). mbrlabel scans the MBR contained in the very first block of the disk (or the block specified through the -s flag), then walks through every extended partition found and generates additional partition entries for the disk from the MBRs found in those extended partitions. Each MBR partition which does not have an equivalent partition in the disk label (equivalent in having the same size and offset) is added to the first free partition slot in the disk label. A free partition slot is defined as one with an fstype of 'unused' and a size of zero ('0'). If there are not enough free slots in the disk label, a warning will be issued. The raw partition (typically partition c, but d on i386 and some other platforms) is left alone during this process. By default, the proposed changed disk label will be displayed and no disk label update will occur. Available options: -f Force an update, even if there has been no change. -q Performs operations in a quiet fashion. -r In conjunction with -w, also update the on-disk label. -s sector Specifies the logical sector number that has to be read from the disk in order to find the MBR. Useful if the disk has remapping drivers on it and the MBR is located in a non-standard place. Defaults to 0. -w Update the in-core label if it has been changed. See also -r. SEE ALSO
disklabel(8), dkctl(8), fdisk(8), mbr(8) HISTORY
The mbrlabel command appeared in NetBSD 1.4. BSD
April 5, 2010 BSD