Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX Queue command execution
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users UNIX Queue command execution Post 302321781 by otheus on Tuesday 2nd of June 2009 05:59:24 AM
Old 06-02-2009
How does VMS "submit" the "job" to the UNIX server?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setup unix workstation to print on NT queue ?

how do I setup my unix workstation to print to NT Printer server queue? any helps greatly appreciated. I can setup print staight to printer, however, I can not print it to NT server queue. thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phapvn
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix message Queue

Hi, I am working closly with unix message queues i have encountered the following - after creating the Q and start working with it (pushing & pulling) i receive the following stange parameters on the q's - STIME=no_entry Qnum=0 CBYTES=4140 when this happens, the Q is disabled (meaning i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kel
3 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unix hash queue

How is the hash queue categorized? I am trying to understand the free list vs the hash queue and i'm just not getting it. The book im using is written like you already have a degree in Unix architecture. Maybe someone knows a web site that explains this in laymans terms. A Unix architecture for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HPCnewbie
1 Replies

4. Linux

unix command for multifile program execution

how can I compile and execute multifile program in unix os.:o (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alokmishra8
0 Replies

5. Programming

UNIX Message Queue

Hello !!!!! I have a simple question but i can't find the answer anywhere hope to meet it here. Why it is a bad idea to pass pointers through message queues ? Most structs i see all of their char types are arrays... Is it becase having pointers means we could possibily send wrong bytes ? For... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qlyine
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Program execution order like FIFO queue

Hi all: I have a problem with a C++ service runing on solaris 10. This service only set a signal on oracle table. When the service detect a cut off on the line (tcp/ip), trigger a cobol program for set the signal OFF. When the line is on again, the service trigger the same cobol program for set... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcastellani
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX command to skip any warning messages and continue job execution

Hello All, Good day! This is my first UNIX post. :D Anyways, I would like to seek help from you guys if you know of any UNIX command that will skip a warning message once it is encountered but continue to run the execution. Ok here's the situation in general: An encypted file is sent to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jennah_rekka
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote access and command execution on unix platform

How can we create new directory/Or execute command on remote unix machine from another unix machine. We can use SSH command to execute command on remote machine but problem is that ssh will prompt for password before executing command. My requirment is to execute command without manual... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pasricha.kunal
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to simulate an execution queue with bash?

I'm running cygwin bash on windows 7 and I'm have some bat files that perform large builds and take a long time and a lot of memory. Therefor, I don't want to builds executing simultaneously (too much memory). How can I implement a queue so I can queue up multiple builds and only execute one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple command execution inside awk command during xml parsing

below is the output xml string from some other command and i will be parsing it using awk cat /tmp/alerts.xml <Alert id="10102" name="APP-DS-ds_ha-140018-componentFailure-S" alertDefinitionId="13982" resourceId="11427" ctime="1359453507621" fixed="false" reason="If Event/Log Level(ANY) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies
qstart(8B)								PBS								qstart(8B)

NAME
qstart - start pbs batch job processing at a destination SYNOPSIS
qstart destination ... DESCRIPTION
The qstart command directs that a destination should process batch jobs. If the destination is an execution queue, the server will begin to schedule jobs that reside in the queue for execution. If the destination is a routing queue, the server will begin to route jobs from that queue. In order to execute qstart, the user must have PBS Operation or Manager privilege. OPERANDS
The qstart command accepts one or more destination operands. The operands are one of three forms: queue @server queue@server If queue is specified, the request is to start that queue at the default server. If the @server form is given, the request is to start all queues at that server. If a full destination identifier, queue@server, is given, the request is to start the named queue at the named server. STANDARD ERROR
The qstart command will write a diagnostic message to standard error for each error occurrence. EXIT STATUS
Upon successful processing of all the operands presented to the qstart command, the exit status will be a value of zero. If the qstart command fails to process any operand, the command exits with a value greater than zero. SEE ALSO
pbs_server(8B), qstop(8B), and qmgr(1B) Local qstart(8B)