Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Mount a disk elsewhere /Volumes Post 302321764 by makrell66 on Tuesday 2nd of June 2009 05:25:23 AM
Old 06-02-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pludi
I know about mount/umount. I was just not sure if I could manipulate the fstab file without getting into any kind of trouble...
Since all disks/volumes automount on /Volumes.

- m66 -

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount Second Disk

Anyone, I am trying to mount a second hard drive on a sunfire V120 w/solaris 5.8. I took this hard drive from another system because I deleted some files off that system and I want to mount it to another system so I can copy the file back onto the system. I really have no other means of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummy101
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Problem replace disk with RAID-5 volumes

Good morning, I have a problem replacing a disk with raid-5 volumes. An hardware error was occurred from a disk c9t3 so all slices were in maintenace. Every slice is part of a raid-5 volume. Any replica is present. Following Volume manager manual for replacing a disk, I have: - phisically... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonovox
0 Replies

3. Linux

one nfs mount point for many logical volumes

hi i am wondering if it is possible to use one nfs mount point for several logical volumes. i have a top level directory /imaging with data1 - data50 below it. each dataX directory is a logical volume configured through LVM. if i mount them separately on the client (i.e. 50 lines in fstab... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user23
1 Replies

4. AIX

how to allow Windows platform to access Unix based disk volumes

How to allow Windows platform to access Unix(AIX) based disk volumes? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

if (disk is mounted) unmount if (disk is unmounted) mount

Hey there, sorry if this is a bit too much of a noob question, trying to get to grips with a simple bash script - but i have done ZERO bash scripting. basically having worked out how to mount and unmount disks using: disktool -m *device* & disktool -e *device* - and looking at the result of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hollister
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Cannot mount Veritas volumes after cluster patch.

I am working with a Sun StoredgeTek 6540 disk array connected to two Sun 490 servers. After taking one of the 490 nodes on the cluster down to single user mode I proceeded to install the latest cluster patch from Oracle. After the patch was completed the system rebooted, failed to rejoin the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buggin
2 Replies

7. AIX

Discovery/Mount new disk

Hi all, i must add a new disk on a LPAR. I've done all the HMC and VIOS Procedure to create a virtual host with disk and assign it to lpar. I don't remember how i must do on the lpar to see this disk. (i use lvm not veritas). Thanks in advance and sorry for my english. Bye Mario (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Please help me.how to mount another disk

So. My system have 2 solaris10 machine but system disk of machine 1 data crash.I bring the system disk of machine 1 install on machine2 for get data from disk machine1 but I can't mount disk. because msg is bash-3.00# mount /dev/dsk/c1t3d0s0 /mnt mount: /dev/dsk/c1t3d0s0 is not this fstype... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: infjustice
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Mount /app on a new DISK

Hi folks, because of disk space problem my root is almost full..The root is mounted on rpool and i want to move /app on a new disk, is that possible without compromising any link?How can i do that? I use solaris 10 Thank you in advance, Matt ---------- Post updated at 04:36 PM... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattpunk
8 Replies
UMOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     UMOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
umount.nfs, umount.nfs4 - unmount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
umount.nfs dir [-fvnrlh ] DESCRIPTION
umount.nfs and umount.nfs4 are a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. umount.nfs4 and umount.nfs are meant to be used by the umount(8) command for unmounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. dir is the directory on which the file system is mounted. OPTIONS
-f Force unmount the file system in case of unreachable NFS system. -v Be verbose. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip delet- ing an entry. -r In case unmounting fails, try to mount read-only. -l Lazy unmount. Detach the file system from the file system hierarchy now, and cleanup all references to the file system as soon as it is not busy anymore. -h Print help message. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and umount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), umount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 6 Jun 2006 UMOUNT.NFS(8)