Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl grep
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl grep Post 302321734 by King Nothing on Tuesday 2nd of June 2009 03:08:47 AM
Old 06-02-2009
Apologies for not being able to make myself clear at first.
The file that I am trying to read has got lines like

Code:
<start>blahblahblah<tag1>gibberish</tag1><tag2>more of it </tag2>
<tagtosearch>mydata1</tagtosearch>
</start>
<start>blahblahblah<tag1>gibberish</tag1><tag2>more of it </tag2>
<tag3>mydata2</tag3>
</start>

Now my array looks like
Code:
@arr=(mydata1,mydata2,mydata3....,mydatan)

The problem is that I cant write
Code:
grep(/$myline/,@arr)

Also, does perl grep work like this?
Code:
grep(/mydata1|mydata2|mydata3|...|mydatan/,$line)

Thanks a lot.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl array grep

Hi, I have the following array. @a=( ,); and want to push @a,() if the 6 is not in the $a. This is simplified out of a longer script but im trying for days now and get sick of it. Can any of you help me on this. Cheers Markus (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elvis00
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep using Perl

I'm using perl to do a grep of each line in a vendor file and find its occurrences in a specific directory. Any values found is saved in @dir. .....(file opened, etc.) .... while ($line=<FILE>){ @dir = `grep $line * `; } It's the specific usage of the system grep that I'm having... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavineq
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep in perl

Hello I want to grep a line from a file saved in some directory. Can anyone please correct the code below: #!/usr/bin/perl -w $file = "/home/output.txt" $grep_line = "closing zip for topic"; `grep $grep_line* $file`; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl instead of grep 'conversion' help?

Hello: I butchered a shell script together, but my script kung-fu is 5 years old and all I've used for 5 years are for i loops. I hope that some perl guru can do in 5 minutes what takes me 5 weeks, so I am asking for help. I have a simple script using "grep -A 2 'string' /path/to/file" but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Habitual
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl grep implementation

Hi, I have a huge log file (~5 GB) generated in my server. I have to search through this file for the pattern matching "ERROR" and print only those lines. There is a Perl script available in the server and I have to add a new subroutine so that it will look for this regular expression pattern in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl + and Grep

Hi All i have this script that uses glob to look in /var/log/messages.* my @messagefiles = glob "/var/log/messages.*"; and the code that uses it is this grep { /NVRM: Xid/ } @messages) but this spits out this /var/log/messages-20111030:Oct 25 13:43:04 brent kernel: NVRM:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep in PERL

Hi, Can anybody let me know how this grep will work. The input and output is not known. Also can you give me the details of any link where i can find clearly about grep Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep in line use perl

Hi, i want to create perl script to telnet and print the output. : This is the script that i have so far : #!/usr/bin/perl use lib '/usr/lib/perl5/5.14'; use Telnet (); $target = "192.168.5.1"; $user = "root"; $passwd = "admin123"; print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
2 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Grep inline use perl

Hi, i have input like this : SS-ID VLAN MAC TIME IP RSSI MODE UAPSD BW GI WMOS DHCP IDENTITY ----- ---- --- ---- -- ---- ---- ----- -- -- ---- ---- -------- 1-1 0 C4:46:19:75:C1:55 23m 192.168.5.253 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep a pattern in perl?

hello Everyone i am a newbie. i have a file which contains the following E:\gtmproj\script\i486_nt\obj\check_geomtools.exe: o:\portsrc\spg\system_1\i486_nt\advapps\TK-2\objmt\winclockmtq.lib E:\gtmproj\script\i486_nt\obj\check_geomtools.exe:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rashid Khan
12 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)