Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SED 4.1.4 - INI File Change Problem in Variables= in Specific [Sections] (Guru Help) Post 302321439 by Franklin52 on Monday 1st of June 2009 07:23:10 AM
Old 06-01-2009
Can you explain what you're trying to replace and post the expected output within code tags?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing file, yaml file? Extracting specific sections

Here is a data file, which I believe is in YAML. I am trying to retrieve just the 'addon_domains" section, which doesnt seem to be as easy as I had originally thought. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!! I have been trying to do this in awk and mostly bash scripting instead of perl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rhije
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove sections of a xml file with sed

I've been trying to remove some lines of a xml file that looks like this: <parent> <child>name1</child> <lots_of_other tags></lots_of_other_tags> </parent> <parent> <child>name2</child> <lots_of_other tags></lots_of_other_tags> </parent> <parent> <child>name3</child> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: viniciusandre
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to replace a specific string on a specific line number using variables

using sed to replace a specific string on a specific line number using variables this is where i am at grep -v WARNING output | grep -v spawn | grep -v Passphrase | grep -v Authentication | grep -v '/sbin/tfadmin netguard -C'| grep -v 'NETWORK>' >> output.clean grep -n Destination... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: todd.cutting
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using SED to change a specific word's color?

Ok so all i'm trying to do here is output a file and change the color of a specific word. I can't use grep with color because I need all lines of the file not just lines that match the pattern. I can get this substitution to work but when it displays it shows exactly what i'm putting it rather... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrEddy
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change specific occurence with sed

Hello, I have this file. aaa port=1234 time bbb port=2233 name ccc port=4444 name Is there any way with sed to change only the occurence of "port" which comes after section to have as output : (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rany1
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use sed to copy specific lines from a file using shell variables?

hello! I am trying to use sed to copy specific set of lines from a file for which the starting and ending line numbers of the lines to be copied are stored in shell variables. How can i copy those lines? if the input_file is something like this and if the following is the script a=2 b=4... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_ba
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with sed and ini file parsing

hi people, i'm having a hard time trying to extract a list of vars delimited by section inside a ini file ... let's consider this ini file : ; config file DESC = "channel synchro TGG01" DMM_VER = DMM23 PATH_FIFO = /users/tgg00/fifo QRT = BTS01.TGG.01.2 MODE_TRACE... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: odium74
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - String substitution within specified section in ini type file

Hello. I am trying to modify a config file which is in windows *.ini type file. I have found a piece of code here :linux - Edit file in unix using SED - Stack Overflow As I can't make it doing the job , I am trying to find a solution step by step. here a modified sample file : my_sample.ini... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add character to specific columns using sed or awk and make it a permanent change

Hi, I am writing a shell script where I want that # should be added in all those lines as the first character where the pattern matches. file has lot of functions defined a.sh #!/bin/bash fn a { beautiful evening sunny day } fn b { } fn c { hello world .its a beautiful day ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashima jain
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to change values after a specific string

Hello I have a script that searches a file for a specific string and then changes the nth column after that string. I have searched online for how to do this with sed but have not seemed to find a solution that works for me. I am using bash. Some background info: - Currently I am using awk to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prodigious8
4 Replies
BLAZE-ADD(1)						    BlazeBlogger Documentation						      BLAZE-ADD(1)

NAME
blaze-add - adds a blog post or a page to the BlazeBlogger repository SYNOPSIS
blaze-add [-pqCPV] [-b directory] [-E editor] [-a author] [-d date] [-t title] [-k keywords] [-T tags] [-u url] [file...] blaze-add -h|-v DESCRIPTION
blaze-add adds a blog post or a page to the BlazeBlogger repository. If a file is supplied, it adds the content of that file, otherwise an external text editor is opened for you. Note that there are several special forms and placeholders that can be used in the text, and that will be replaced with a proper data when the blog is generated. Special Forms <!-- break --> A mark to delimit a blog post synopsis. Placeholders %root% A relative path to the root directory of the blog. %home% A relative path to the index page of the blog. %page[id]% A relative path to a page with the supplied id. %post[id]% A relative path to a blog post with the supplied id. %tag[name]% A relative path to a tag with the supplied name. OPTIONS
-b directory, --blogdir directory Allows you to specify a directory in which the BlazeBlogger repository is placed. The default option is a current working directory. -E editor, --editor editor Allows you to specify an external text editor. When supplied, this option overrides the relevant configuration option. -t title, --title title Allows you to specify the title of a blog post or page. -a author, --author author Allows you to specify the author of a blog post or page. -d date, --date date Allows you to specify the date of publishing of a blog post or page. -k keywords, --keywords keywords Allows you to specify a comma-separated list of keywords attached to a blog post or page. -T tags, --tags tags Allows you to supply a comma-separated list of tags attached to a blog post. -u url, --url url Allows you to specify the url of a blog post or page. Allowed characters are letters, numbers, hyphens, and underscores. -p, --page, --pages Tells blaze-add to add a page or pages. -P, --post, --posts Tells blaze-add to add a blog post or blog posts. This is the default option. -C, --no-processor Disables processing a blog post or page with an external application. For example, if you use Markdown to convert the lightweight markup language to the valid HTML output, this will enable you to write this particular post in plain HTML directly. -q, --quiet Disables displaying of unnecessary messages. -V, --verbose Enables displaying of all messages. This is the default option. -h, --help Displays usage information and exits. -v, --version Displays version information and exits. ENVIRONMENT
EDITOR Unless the core.editor option is set, BlazeBlogger tries to use system-wide settings to decide which editor to use. EXAMPLE USAGE
Write a new blog post in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-add Add a new blog post from a file: ~]$ blaze-add new_packages.txt Successfully added the post with ID 10. Write a new page in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-add -p Write a new page in nano: ~]$ blaze-add -p -E nano SEE ALSO
blaze-init(1), blaze-config(1), blaze-edit(1), blaze-remove(1), blaze-make(1) BUGS
To report a bug or to send a patch, please, add a new issue to the bug tracker at <http://code.google.com/p/blazeblogger/issues/>, or visit the discussion group at <http://groups.google.com/group/blazeblogger/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Jaromir Hradilek This program is free software; see the source for copying conditions. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Version 1.2.0 2012-03-05 BLAZE-ADD(1)