Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem setting up apache
Top Forums Web Development Problem setting up apache Post 302321218 by thanhdat on Sunday 31st of May 2009 07:06:55 AM
Old 05-31-2009
Did you check your firewall settings ??? where is your site folder (try: http://your_ip/yoursite/) ? Is the index file is .php ?
Hope this helps.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting Last-Modified Bit in Apache

Hi, I have a co-worker that uses javascript code to generate the last-modified date on a file. The problem is our server does not properly send this date so javascript can display it. I know that it is better to use server-side scripting to generate this but she has already put it on multiple... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robbieg
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Apache with SSL problem

Hi All, I'm attempting to build Apache 1.3.27 on a new Solaris 9 system. I am using following "Option 2" in the INSTALL of the mod_ssl-2.8.12-1.3.27, and I'm stumped. After I configure and make all the required components the make of the Apache server itself stops at: flex... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting up ACL in Apache

Folks; How can i setup ACL in Apache so i can give a group of users (defined by their emails (all users under *@red.com) access to a web page? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apache 2.2 problem

Hi all, I'm a user of Debian 4.0. I installed apache 2.2 and add the functionality to support ~/public_html for each user. This is the permission of my public_html: drwxr-xr-x 4 mj test 4096 2007-12-20 20:17 public_html When I wanted to go through it and list the directory via my browser,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
6 Replies

5. Red Hat

Problem in apache

Can anyone guide, what should be the entry in httpd.conf file to host a site in Redhat Ent Linux 5 without using nameserver? Or process to set apache server in same dist of Linux. Any link to understand apache well will be much appreciable. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
3 Replies

6. Debian

apache problem

hi all, I can't get my index.html to display on the web browser. Please point it out the reason. this is what i had done so far: 1. I have registered a dns name pointing to my public ip (it is done automatic) 2. my server name is set same as the dns name 3. I have configured... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: k2k
14 Replies

7. Web Development

First time setting up site on Apache

Hello All, I am relatively new to using Apache, I have recently set it up on Ubuntu. What I'm trying to do is make "/home/yves/MyFirstPHP/MyFirstPHP/HelloWorld.php" accessible through my browser using the URL: The UNIX and Linux Forums - Learn UNIX and Linux from Experts. The tutorials I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DarkMatter2009
1 Replies

8. BSD

Setting up Apache/mySQL/PHP in Jail

Server: FreeBSD 7.2-Release Previously I admin a website that uses IP.Board as a forum. It was on a FreeBSD server but there were some issues with some other people on the server so the whole server has been resetup. It is has been set up as a Unix Jail and I was given root access. Apache has... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dark Severance
3 Replies

9. IP Networking

dns problem in apache

Hi, I am running scientific linux (which is clone of red hat linux) on virtual machine that is virtual box. I tried to start the apache but I got the following message. starting httpd: httpd: arp_sockaddr_info_get() failed for scientific-linux httpd: could not reliably determine the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up HTTPS in Apache with Linux

I have recently setup a HTTP server using Apache. This was my first install of Apache, so I am very new to it. What I would now like to do is setup HTTPS for my server. Unfortunately, the official Apache 2.2 manual doesn't cover setting up HTTPS, and using Google search engine I have found... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SSL
2 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)