Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Storing the values in text file using while loop in shell script Post 302321078 by KiranKumarKarre on Saturday 30th of May 2009 03:10:09 AM
Old 05-30-2009
Thanks Guys for Quick Reply

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i read text file and assign its values to variables using shell

Hello, I have a cat.dat file, i would like shell to read each 3 lines and set this 3 lines to 3 different variables. my cat.dat is: 11 12 +380486461001 12 13 +380486461002 13 14 +380486461003 i want shell to make a loop and assign 1st line to student_id, 2nd line to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosalinda
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing values in arrays using shell

Friends, I have to execute a command and store its contents into an array using shell. this is what i have tried #!/bin/bash disk_names = ($(`iostat -xtc | egrep -v "device|nfs" | awk '{print $1}'| tr '\n' ' ' `)) But its throwing an error message as ./test-script ./test-script:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: achak01
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Storing values in shell variable

Hi, I am writing a shell script where, x=y y=z When I want to print z, I can do $y How do I use only "x" without any direct reference to "y" to print z? Thanks, -G (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurab
3 Replies

4. Fedora

How to read a text file and assign the values in the same to a variable in loop

Hi, I have a text file with multiple lines, each having data in the below format <DOB>,<ADDRESS> I have to write a script which reads each line in the text file in loop, assign the values to these variables and do some further processing in it. Using the following code prints the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manishab00
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to read a text file and assign the values in the same to a variable in loop

Hi, I have a text file with multiple lines, each having data in the below format <DOB>,<ADDRESS> I have to write a script which reads each line in the text file in loop, assign the values to these variables and do some further processing in it. Using the following code prints the values... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishab00
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell program to parse CSV text file and insert values into Oracle database

Enclosed is comma separated text file. I need to write a korn shell program that will parse the text file and insert the values into Oracle database. I need to write the korn shell program on Red Hat Enterprise Linux server. Oracle database is 10g. (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellguy
15 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Shell Script To Loop Program Through Multiple Text Files

Hello, So I have approximately 300 files of raw data (.txt) files that I am using to perform statistical analysis. I have been able to construct a Fortran program that is able to perform my statistical analysis on a file by file basis. However, I now want to be able to loop program through... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jimmyd24
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading the values from a file in C Shell for loop

Hi All, I need small help on for loop syntax in C shell. How can we read the values from a file (line by line) through C shell loop. For Ex: $Cat file1 data1 data2 data3 data4 $ I have to print those values in a variable and have to perform some steps... Can anyone help on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies
DateTime::Format::Builder::Parser::Quick(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	     DateTime::Format::Builder::Parser::Quick(3pm)

NAME
DateTime::Format::Builder::Parser::Quick - Use another formatter, simply SYNOPSIS
use DateTime::Format::Builder ( parsers => { parse_datetime => [ { Quick => 'DateTime::Format::HTTP' }, { Quick => 'DateTime::Format::Mail' }, { Quick => 'DateTime::Format::IBeat' }, ]}); is the same as: use DateTime::Format::HTTP; use DateTime::Format::Mail; use DateTime::Format::IBeat; use DateTime::Format::Builder ( parsers => { parse_datetime => [ sub { eval { DateTime::Format::HTTP->parse_datetime( $_[1] ) } }, sub { eval { DateTime::Format::Mail->parse_datetime( $_[1] ) } }, sub { eval { DateTime::Format::IBeat->parse_datetime( $_[1] ) } }, ]}); (These two pieces of code can both be found in the test suite; one as quick.t, the other as fall.t.) DESCRIPTION
"Quick" adds a parser that allows some shortcuts when writing fairly standard and mundane calls to other formatting modules. SPECIFICATION
"Quick" has two keys, one optional. The "Quick" keyword should have an argument of either an object or a class name. If it's a class name then the class is "use"d. The "method" keyword is optional with a default of "parse_datetime". It's either name of the method to invoke on the object, or a reference to a piece of code. In any case, the resultant code ends up looking like: my $rv = $Quick->$method( $date ); THANKS
See the main module's section. SUPPORT
Support for this module is provided via the datetime@perl.org email list. See http://lists.perl.org/ for more details. Alternatively, log them via the CPAN RT system via the web or email: http://perl.dellah.org/rt/dtbuilder bug-datetime-format-builder@rt.cpan.org This makes it much easier for me to track things and thus means your problem is less likely to be neglected. LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright X Iain Truskett, 2003. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.000 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. The full text of the licences can be found in the Artistic and COPYING files included with this module, or in perlartistic and perlgpl as supplied with Perl 5.8.1 and later. AUTHOR
Iain Truskett <spoon@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
"datetime@perl.org" mailing list. http://datetime.perl.org/ perl, DateTime, DateTime::Format::Builder perl v5.10.1 2010-03-14 DateTime::Format::Builder::Parser::Quick(3pm)