Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To decrypt encrypted password Post 302321038 by satimis on Friday 29th of May 2009 10:18:30 PM
Old 05-29-2009
To decrypt encrypted password

Hi folks,

What will be the easy way to decrypt encrypted passwords on MySQL table. Googling brought me many suggestions on crypt/decrypt running scripts. Please advise. TIA

Remark:
I think the encrypt function of MySQL uses the Unix crypt command to encrypt

B.R.
satimis

Last edited by satimis; 05-30-2009 at 12:01 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to decrypt a file which is encrypted in UNIX, In Windows NT

Hi, I want to encrypt a file in UNIX(HP-UX) and Transfer to a FTP server. Our FTP server is Windows NT. SO, how can i decrypt the file which is encrypted in UNIX, in Windows NT. Please, help me this is urgent. Siva Gorantla:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gorantla
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change password by pushing encrypted password to systems

I'm tasked to change a user's password on multiple Linux systems (RH v3). I though copying the encrypted password from one Linux /etc/shadow file to another would work but I was wrong. The long term solution is to establish an openLDAP Directory service, but for now I'm stuck with a manual... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benq70
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

encrypt and decrypt password

how do i encrypt and decrypt a password (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanwish
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/etc/shadow encrypted password

Hi I wonder whether is possible to generate enrypted passwd for some user and paste it into /etc/shadow file ? What kind of encryption is used in /etc/shadow file ? ths for help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: presul
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypted password in script

How to keep encrypted password in a shell script.? I have the file which has the following: a.sh ----- username=abc password=abc I will be using this username and password in another script. But I don't want to reveal the password in the script. How to keep the password... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanvel
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt Password file and decrypt in a shell script

Hi All, I have stored Oracle database passwords in a hidden file - .pass_file. My shell script reads the hidden file, gets the password and then logs in to the Oracle database and runs some SQL script. My requirement is: I need to provide the shell script to be executed by someone else. So,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunpraveen
1 Replies

7. AIX

Decrypt ssha1 password

hi to all, i have an AIX6.1 machine and i want to decrypt an ssha1 password written on /etc/security/passwd. the reason that i want to do that is because i have some complains about a few users that cannot login and receive the message for invalid login. i suspect that they are entering wrong... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt and decrypt a password in shell script

Hi All, very good morning all. I am trying to connect to informatica repository by using shell script. I have written pmrep connect command in the script file. But i need to provide repository, domain ,username and password to connect. Username and password are hard coded in the script... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SekhaReddy
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt and decrypt the password in a Shell Script

Hello, I have the following UNIX shell script which connects to the teradata database and executes the SQL Queries. For this, I am passing database name, username and password. I don't want to reveal my password to anyone. So, is there any way that I can encrypt my password and read the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronitreddy
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Encrypt and Decrypt a File with Password

Hello, I have few files on unix which are payroll related and I need them to encrypt with password so others wouldn't see the data. I use ETL tool and would like to know the unix command that does encryption/decryption to use in the ETL. Thank you, Sri (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eskay
3 Replies
HPROP(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  HPROP(8)

NAME
hprop -- propagate the KDC database SYNOPSIS
hprop [-m file | --master-key=file] [-d file | --database=file] [--source=heimdal|mit-dump] [-r string | --v4-realm=string] [-c cell | --cell=cell] [-k keytab | --keytab=keytab] [-R string | --v5-realm=string] [-D | --decrypt] [-E | --encrypt] [-n | --stdout] [-v | --verbose] [--version] [-h | --help] [host[:port]] ... DESCRIPTION
hprop takes a principal database in a specified format and converts it into a stream of Heimdal database records. This stream can either be written to standard out, or (more commonly) be propagated to a hpropd(8) server running on a different machine. If propagating, it connects to all hosts specified on the command by opening a TCP connection to port 754 (service hprop) and sends the data- base in encrypted form. Supported options: -m file, --master-key=file Where to find the master key to encrypt or decrypt keys with. -d file, --database=file The database to be propagated. --source=heimdal|mit-dump|krb4-dump|kaserver Specifies the type of the source database. Alternatives include: heimdal a Heimdal database mit-dump a MIT Kerberos 5 dump file +.It Fl k Ar keytab , Fl -keytab= Ns Ar keytab The keytab to use for fetching the key to be used for authenticating to the propaga- tion daemon(s). The key hprop/hostname is used from this keytab. The default is to fetch the key from the KDC database. -R string, --v5-realm=string Local realm override. -D, --decrypt The encryption keys in the database can either be in clear, or encrypted with a master key. This option transmits the database with unencrypted keys. -E, --encrypt This option transmits the database with encrypted keys. -n, --stdout Dump the database on stdout, in a format that can be fed to hpropd. EXAMPLES
The following will propagate a database to another machine (which should run hpropd(8)): $ hprop slave-1 slave-2 SEE ALSO
hpropd(8) BSD
December 8, 2004 BSD