Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Program execution order like FIFO queue Post 302320971 by hcastellani on Friday 29th of May 2009 12:40:54 PM
Old 05-29-2009
Program execution order like FIFO queue

Hi all:

I have a problem with a C++ service runing on solaris 10. This service only set a signal on oracle table. When the service detect a cut off on the line (tcp/ip), trigger a cobol program for set the signal OFF. When the line is on again, the service trigger the same cobol program for set the signal ON.
This service and program work fine, except when a micro cut occurs. In this scenario, the actions are:

Signal on oracle table is initialized: ON.
Micro cut occurs:
The service trigger a cobol program setting the signal to OFF
The line is ON again:
The service trigger a cobol program setting the signal to ON

But for some reason, the cobol program for set to ON the signal run first (or finish first?) that the cobol program for set to OFF the signal, like show this log:

08:55:044 - Signal set to ON
12:05:011 - Signal set to ON
12:05:012 - Signal set to OFF

Before change the code of my programs, any suggestions about how I take the control of the program execution order?
Thanks in advance
Hernán Castellani

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

A program to trace execution of another program

Hi, I wanted to know if i can write a program using switches and signals, etc to trace execution of other unix program which calls c program internally. If yes how? If not with signals and switches then are there any other methods apart from debugging with gdb/dbx. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiten_hegde
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX Queue command execution

Hello, i was wondering if you could assist me in the following situation: i am trying to queue a group execution commands (same command but different parameters) submited from an openVMS system to a Unix system (HP UX). The commands should run in sequence; the next starts after prev finish... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wede23
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to set the SGE job execution order for nested qsub?

Dear All I am trying to write a script to set the SGE job execution order. I named each job with 'job1', 'job2' and 'job3'. I want my script to do: When 'job1' execution is complete, 'job2' is executed; when both 'job1' and 'job2' are complete, 'job3' is executed. First, I tried this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cliffyiu
0 Replies

4. Programming

Please help:program hang stuck there signal handling on POSIX Message Queue UNIX C programming

in a single main() function,so need signal handling. Use Posix Message Queue IPC mechanism , can ignore the priority and other linked list message,to implement the scenario: client:Knock Knock server:who's there client: Eric Server:Eric,Welcome. client:exit all process terminated ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ouou
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Interval cron issue with order of execution

55,0 5,6 * * * myScript This cron task will execute on 5:00AM, 5:55AM, 6:00AM and 6:55AM. Is there any possibility to make it run only in the order specified such as 5:55AM and 6:00AM (basically only on the 2 intervals) ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Order of execution seem to be reversed with pipe

Hello I am seeing a weird behavior during the execution of the shell program. The shell programs loops through a file which has a list of files. for each file the programs cats the file, pipes the output to sed command and then on to an awk program. But while execution, the order of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamxdir
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge all the files in a folder in FIFO order

Hi All, I have to merge the data in all the files in a folder such that the data of the earliest file come first then the second file's data and so on. Please help. Thanks. (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: unankix
22 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to simulate an execution queue with bash?

I'm running cygwin bash on windows 7 and I'm have some bat files that perform large builds and take a long time and a lot of memory. Therefor, I don't want to builds executing simultaneously (too much memory). How can I implement a queue so I can queue up multiple builds and only execute one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Execution Order

Hi, I have two scripts which are mentioned in execute.sh more execute.sh ./script1.sh //line 1 should not return error ./script2.sh //line 2 may return error ./script2.sh //line 3 should not return error Condition: I want script1.sh to complete before starting script2.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Order of execution of instructions in a script shell

Hi all, Here is a portion of my script test.sh: #!/bin/bash tar -cf $name.tar $name && pbzip2 $name.tar 2-Sending .tar.bz2 to destination node Please, i have a question. The execution of the second instruction is done, but i do not see the result of pbzip2 I have to send this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
2 Replies
Mono(Mono 1.0)															    Mono(Mono 1.0)

NAME
mono-service, mono-service2 - Mono ServiceProcess host SYNOPSIS
mono-service [options] program.exe DESCRIPTION
The mono-service is a host to run services built with the ServiceProcess assembly. Use mono-service to run services that use the 1.0 assemblies and use mono-service2 to run services that use the 2.0 assemblies. Services can be paused by sending the SIGUSR1 signal to the process, and execution can be resumed by sending the SIGUSR2 signal. The ser- vice can be cleanly shutdown by sending the SIGTERM signal to the process. Mono programs started with mono-service run with the MONO_DISABLE_SHM variable set. This means that certain Mono features that depend on it are not available to services. The following options can be used to control the service: -d:DIRECTORY Use this option to specify the working directory for the service. The default is the current directory. -l:LOCKFILE Specifies the file to use for locking, the default is a filename constructed in /tmp based on the name of the program that hosts the service. -m:MESSAGE Name to show in the syslog. -n:NAME Use this to specify the service to be launched (if the program contains more than one service). The default is to run the first defined service. --debug Use this option to prevent mono-service from redirecting stdin and stdout and prevent the program to be sent to the background. Equivalent to --no-daemon --no-daemon Use this option to prevent mono-service from redirecting stdin and stdout and prevent the program to be sent to the background. Equivalent to --debug. CONTROL
You can control the service by sending signals to the process, you can use the following commands: Pausing service: kill -USR1 `cat <lock file>` Resuming service: kill -USR2 `cat <lock file>` Stopping the service: kill `cat <lock file>` EXAMPLES
Start the MyService.exe assembly, with a lock in /root/service-lock: mono-service -l:/root/service-lock MyService.exe DEBUGGING
Messages produced by the service are logged on syslog. MAILING LISTS
Visit http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/mono-list for details. WEB SITE
Visit: http://www.mono-project.com for details SEE ALSO
mono(1) N:System.ServiceProcess Mono(Mono 1.0)