Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ksh Create Thread
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Ksh Create Thread Post 302320965 by sreyes27 on Friday 29th of May 2009 11:59:07 AM
Old 05-29-2009
Bug RE: Ksh Create Thread

That's what I thought. Thanks.
~sreyes27

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

create thread C with JNI function with JAVA

Hello, J create a thread C with a JNI function via JAVA. J have the following message (but not in each time): Someone has an idea ? Thank. Unexpected Signal : 4 occurred at PC=0x78C103E0 Function= Library=(N/A) NOTE: We are unable to locate the function name... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AUBERT
0 Replies

2. Programming

create a thread from a returning function

hi all, my requirement is to create a thread by calling another function. i.e i dont call pthread_create directly from main, but by calling another function (createThd - below ), from main. Example: void *thread_function(void *arg) { /* thread function */ int i; rc =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolwy_pete
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create file in ksh scripting with permission(rw-rw-rw)

Hi, Please provide your inputs.. Thanks in Advance, Mansa (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansa
1 Replies

4. Programming

how to create variable for all thread in c++

hello I have this code #include <sys/types.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <iostream> #include <pthread.h> #include<cstring> using namespace std; int var1=0; void doSomething() { var1 = 5; cout<<"Do S :"<<var1<<endl; sleep(1); var1 =7; (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vip_a1
4 Replies

5. Programming

Unable to create a UDP client from thread?

I try to initial a UDP client from threading, but it doesn't work? why? These codes from the textbook #define ECHOMAX 255 /* Longest string to echo */ #define TIMEOUT_SECS 2 /* Seconds between retransmits */ #define MAXTRIES 5 /* Tries before giving up */... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehang
3 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How to Create a New Thread

please tell me how can i post a new post. i am not getting any option to post a new question. any suggestion is highly appreciated. thanks, Arpit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thearpit
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pthread attr setting doesn't work before thread create?

Hello everyone, I created a test program for pthread priority set. Here's the code, very simple, 60 lines only. I've tried this prog on my Fedora 13(on vbox), and on my 6410 arm linux 2.6.36. Both the same result. Both environments are using root privileges. Can any body tells me why the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss1969
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Log File in ksh itself

Hi, I want to create a log file for a running ksh , and the log file absolute path I want to give in ksh itself. To elaborate this - Say I have a ksh - timer.ksh and I want to create a log timer_log.log when I run, to trace this. I am aware of the fact that this can be done using redirection... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinay4889
4 Replies

9. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

I am still meet a problem when I want to reply or create a new thread

Hi, Scott, I am still meet a problem when I want to reply or create a new thread in "Shell Programming and Scripting" Forum, It reminds that: To create new threads in this forum your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 2 posts. To my surprise, I posted a thread in "Shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: weichanghe2000
4 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to create new thread

Hi. I registered, but when trying to post, I get ... "Sorry, you do not have enough Bits to post a new thread" Google & Forum search showed some hits, but no solution. Please advide. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gehe
1 Replies
PTS_APROPOS(1)						       AFS Command Reference						    PTS_APROPOS(1)

NAME
pts_apropos - Displays each help entry containing a keyword string SYNOPSIS
pts apropos -topic <help string> [-help] pts ap -t <help string> [-h] DESCRIPTION
The pts apropos command displays the first line of the online help entry for any pts command that has in its name or short description the string specified by the -topic argument. To display the syntax for a command, use the pts help command. OPTIONS
-topic <help string> Specifies the keyword string to match, in lowercase letters only. If the string is more than a single word, surround it with double quotes ("") or other delimiters. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The first line of a command's online help entry names it and briefly describes its function. This command displays the first line for any pts command in which the string specified by the -topic argument is part of the command name or first line. EXAMPLES
The following command lists all pts commands that include the word "create" in their names or short descriptions: % pts apropos create creategroup: create a new group createuser: create a new user PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
pts(1), pts_help(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 PTS_APROPOS(1)