Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users how to port a package to huge source code having its own make and compilers Post 302320943 by fpmurphy on Friday 29th of May 2009 11:16:22 AM
Old 05-29-2009
The question is understandable but very broad in its nature.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"Make" source code

I'm looking for the source code for the "make" function. The reason being, I need to design my own version of it. Is there a way of viewing it? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hi_ted
3 Replies

2. Linux

how to make a Cent OS package.

I am using Cent OS 5.1. It has a command "yum" to install or update new packeges from a mirror or repository. i am doing installation and configuration of Sun directory server and opensso. i have made a shell script to install and configure both. but now the need is to create a Cent OS packege,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: toanilsharma1
1 Replies

3. Programming

Source code for serial port

Hi, I am working with sun Solaris 5.9 and in my application,I have to communicate with Serial port(i.e /dev/term/a). So I need source code to by which I can do the following things-- 1)check the port is available or not.If it dosn't find the port,it should throw the error message(i.e. port not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
0 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 - Compiling package from source? Different from pkgadd?

Hey everyone, I'm using a SPARC based Solaris 10 5/09 machine and want to install PHP support to it. I already have mysql and apache( came with OS, just started the proccess) installed, so this is the last thing before I can get to learning development :) However, there's something I'm not sure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agummad
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to compile a package in AIX when we download its source?

How to compile a package surce in AIX when we download its source? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Package creation problems with Source files

Hi, I am creating "LSOF" solaris package from solaris "source" files. I have compiled the source file and with that i created prototype file also. Then using pkgmk command i can make the package . In the package i am having (pkginfo pkgmap reloc) two file and one directory respectively But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kathirvel G
3 Replies

7. AIX

XVFB Source package for AIX

Please send me link for XVFB Source package for AIX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathap.g
3 Replies

8. Solaris

IPS custom package user source

Hello guys, I'm new to this forum and got a question which may be quite uncommon. I created a custom IPS package (using this How to) with some software I have to install frequently to different Solaris 11 zones (MongoDB to be precise). This software will be installed under "/opt/mongodb" and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dheitepriem
1 Replies
iopattern(1m)							   USER COMMANDS						     iopattern(1m)

NAME
iopattern - print disk I/O pattern. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
iopattern [-v] [-d device] [-f filename] [-m mount_point] [interval [count]] DESCRIPTION
This prints details on the I/O access pattern for the disks, such as percentage of events that were of a random or sequential nature. By default totals for all disks are printed. An event is considered random when the heads seek. This program prints the percentage of events that are random. The size of the seek is not measured - it's either random or not. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. OPTIONS
-v print timestamp, string -d device instance name to snoop (eg, dad0) -f filename full pathname of file to snoop -m mount_point mountpoint for filesystem to snoop EXAMPLES
Default output, print I/O summary every 1 second, # iopattern Print 10 second samples, # iopattern 10 Print 12 x 5 second samples, # iopattern 5 12 Snoop events on the root filesystem only, # iopattern -m / FIELDS
%RAN percentage of events of a random nature %SEQ percentage of events of a sequential nature COUNT number of I/O events MIN minimum I/O event size MAX maximum I/O event size AVG average I/O event size KR total kilobytes read during sample KW total kilobytes written during sample DEVICE device name MOUNT mount point FILE filename (basename) for I/O operation TIME timestamp, string IDEA
Ryan Matteson DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
iopattern will run forever until Ctrl-C is hit, or the specified count is reached. AUTHOR
Brendan Gregg [Sydney, Australia] SEE ALSO
iosnoop(1M), iotop(1M), dtrace(1M) version 0.70 Jul 25, 2005 iopattern(1m)