Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ls -ltr malfunctioning inside the k-shell script Post 302320887 by Yagami on Friday 29th of May 2009 08:17:40 AM
Old 05-29-2009
var="MeterResetReport.log DBMaint.log"

for i in $var

may be this would help

Thanks,
Yagami

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run unix commands in a new shell inside a shell script?

Hi , I am having one situation in which I need to run some simple unix commands after doing "chroot" command in a shell script. Which in turn creates a new shell. So scenario is that - I need to have one shell script which is ran as a part of crontab - in this shell script I need to do a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkapil
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

invoking a shell script inside cgi shell script

Hi, I have an HTML form through which I get some text as input. i need to run a shell script say script.sh inside a perl-cgi script named main_cgi.sh on the form input. I want to write the contents of the form in a file and then perform some command line operations like grep, cat on the text... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smriti_shridhar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call a perl script inside a shell script

Hi all, I have the following snippet of code.. #!/bin/sh echo "run perl script............" #Run the verification script perl bill_ver echo " perl script completed....." echo "rename files......" #Remove from all file in the directories test, test1, test2, test3 for f in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run shell script inside expect script?

I have the code like this : shell script continues ... .... expect -c" spawn telnet $ip expect "login:" send \"$usrname\r\" expect "Password:" send \"$passwd\r\" expect "*\>" send \"$cmdstr\r\" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robbiezr
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl inside shell script?

Hi UNIX Pros! Newbie here, I would like to ask if it is possible to use perl commands inside a shell script? i created a simple script which connects to oracle and run queries which the script saves to a separate .txt file for each query issued. What i want to do is to create a presentable and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect script inside shell script not working.

Shell Scipt: temp.sh su - <$username> expect pass.exp Expect script: pass.exp #!/usr/bin/expect -f # Login ####################### expect "Password: " send "<$password>\r" it comes up with Password: but doesnt take password passed throguh file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavesh.sapra
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge Expect script inside shell script?

Hi I have two scripts one is Expect and other is shell. I want to merge Expect code in to Shell script so that i can run it using only one script. Can somebody help me out ? Order to execute: Run Expect_install.sh first and then when installation completes run runTests.sh shell script. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashish_neekhra
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using HTML inside shell script

Hi, Am trying to use HTML tags inside my script but its not printing the required output. Any idea how to use html inside script will be helpful. #!/bin/ksh echo '<html>' echo '<font face='Calibri' size='3'> JobName Status</font>' echo '</html>' Output<html> <font ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have two commands “ls -h” and “ls -ltr”. How do i make sure “ls -ltr” is run after “ls -h” is suc

help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu pandey
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture run time of python script executed inside shell script

I have bash shell script which is internally calling python script.I would like to know how long python is taking to execute.I am not allowed to do changes in python script.Please note i need to know execution time of python script which is getting executed inside shell .I need to store execution... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adfire
2 Replies
nqs2pbs(1B)								PBS							       nqs2pbs(1B)

NAME
nqs2pbs - convert NQS job scripts to PBS SYNOPSIS
nqs2pbs nqs_script [pbs_script] DESCRIPTION
This utility converts a existing NQS job script to work with PBS and NQS. The existing script is copied and PBS directives, #PBS , are inserted prior to each NQS directive #QSUB or #@$ , in the original script. Certain NQS date specification and options are not supported by PBS. A warning message will be displayed indicating the problem and the line of the script on which it occurred. If any unrecognizable NQS directives are encountered, an error message is displayed. The new PBS script will be deleted if any errors occur. OPERANDS
nqs_script Specifies the file name of the NQS script to convert. This file is not changed. pbs_script If specified, it is the name of the new PBS script. If not specified, the new file name is nqs_script.new . NOTES
Converting NQS date specifications to the PBS form may result in a warning message and an incompleted converted date. PBS does not support date specifications of "today", "tomorrow", or the name of the days of the week such as "Monday". If any of these are encountered in a script, the PBS specification will contain only the time portion of the NQS specification, i.e. #PBS -a hhmm[.ss]. It is suggested that you specify the execution time on the qsub command line rather than in the script. Note that PBS will interpret a time specification without a date in the following way: - If the time specified has not yet been reached, the job will become eligible to run at that time today. - If the specified time has already passed when the job is submitted, the job will become eligible to run at that time tomorrow. PBS does not support time zone identifiers. All times are taken as local time. SEE ALSO
qsub(1B) Local nqs2pbs(1B)