Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Network Traffic
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Network Traffic Post 302320867 by Neo on Friday 29th of May 2009 07:22:07 AM
Old 05-29-2009
Zabbix

We use Zabbix to measure network traffic and other stats.

Zabbix is free and open source.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Routing Network Traffic With Mandrake

I am running Mandrake 8.0 (KDE ver 2.1.1) on a machine with 2 NICs. This is a college project. I am attempting to configure this machine as a firewall, and to pass packets from one network to another. Eth0 is on my external network. Eth1 is on my internal network. I set the gateway in "netconf"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Deuce
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

monitoring network traffic

there are commands to monitor the memory, paging, io... how about network traffic. i mean commands to see whether the network traffic (LAN) is congested? the closest i got is netstat thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
6 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

How to capture network traffic

Hi, Can someone give me the clue on how to capture network traffic at gateway. Thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitoring network traffic using snoop

I want to monitor network traffic. For this purpose i use snoop command. But snoop command only show those packets which are broadcasted or those packets which recieved by host. But I want to examine whole network traffic. Please tell me how to use snoop for monitoring whole network traffic or if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Monitoring traffic in the network

I Colleagues, Somebody can say me how to monitoring traffic in the network. also I am interested in monitoring memory. if somebody to know a guide with command advanced in unix welcome for me. Thank you for adcanced. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting features of network traffic

hi all i want to extract few connection level features (not packet level )of the internet traffic through ethernet card interface the features are as follows Timestamp Timestamp of paket captured Duration duration of connection ip_proto IP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
2 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

How do I know what traffic is in network port?

If I would like to know what connection , data , traffic in a network port ( eth0 ) , what can I do ? ps. because I always found the network is very slow , so I would like what the network port is doing . Thanks Login ID ust3 is currently in read-only mode for multiple infractions. Creating... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust03
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to throttle network traffic?

Hi All I am resilience testing an application that is spread across multiple servers. One thing I will need to do soon is throttle the network traffic for specific interfaces within the test cluster. Specifically, maybe make a connection take twice or three times as long to respond.... I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbq
3 Replies

9. IP Networking

I would like to monitor network traffic for a computer on my network

My son does homework on a school laptop. I was thinking about setting up a gateway on my home network, so that I can monitor web traffic and know if he is doing his homework without standing over his shoulder. Ideally I would like to use the Raspberry Pi Model b that I already have. However, I... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandolf989
15 Replies
DPKG-WWW(1)						      General Commands Manual						       DPKG-WWW(1)

NAME
dpkg-www - program to remotely open a WWW Debian package browser SYNOPSIS
dpkg-www [-s|--stdout] [-h|--host host] [query] DESCRIPTION
dpkg-www is used to remotely control a WEB browser and open a dpkg URL on the local host from an interactive shell or script. If the command is invoked while running under X-window the script will try to find an installed X browser to open the specified URL. If not running under X it will try to use a text browser instead. If Netscape is found and a Netscape instance is already running it will be asked to open the dpkg URL on localhost with the optional query supplied on the command line. If there is no browser running, it will start automatically a new one. The functionality provided by this program is identical to running a web browser with the -remote openURL(http://localhost/cgi-bin/dpkg) argument or opening the same URL from within the browser. dpkg-www-installer is an helper application which can configured in the WWW browser for web installation. It should never be invoked directly by the user. OPTIONS
-s, --stdout Redirect output to stdout. Requires one of the text browsers (lynx, lynx-ssl or links) installed. -h, --host host Send the query to a remote host, where dpkg-www must be installed. query Specifies an optional package name, an absolute pathname or a query argument which is passed to the dpkg cgi-bin. See dpkg-www(8) for more information about the use of the cgi. FILES
/etc/dpkg-www.conf ~/.dpkg-www Configuration files for dpkg-www. It is not necessary for these files to exist, there are sensible defaults for everything, but you can specify your preferred www browser with the DPKG_WWW_BROWSER variable, for example: DPKG_WWW_BROWSER=mozilla EXAMPLES
dpkg-www This would open a dpkg URL on localhost listing all the installed packages. dpkg-www bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package. dpkg-www -h pisolo bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package on host pisolo. dpkg-www 'dpkg*' This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages matching dpkg*. dpkg-www /bin/bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the package(s) owning the file /bin/bash . dpkg-www depends=svgalib This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages depending on svgalib. dpkg-www --stdout depends=awk | grep ^ii This would list on stdout all packages depending on awk and grep all lines of installed packages. SEE ALSO
dpkg(8), dpkg-www(8) AUTHOR
Massimo Dal Zotto <dz@debian.org>. Bugs should be reported via the normal Debian bug reporting system. LICENCE
dpkg-www is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2. September 1, 2004 DPKG-WWW(1)