Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Problem in getting the correct number from the string. Post 302320829 by thanhdat on Friday 29th of May 2009 04:56:35 AM
Old 05-29-2009
This sick command could do the trick
Code:
sed 's/BOOK/\nBOOK/g' youfile.txt | sed 's/BOOK-SEC-\([1-9]\).*/\1/g'

There must be smarter way to do that but i didn't find out yet.

Last edited by thanhdat; 05-29-2009 at 06:22 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

will reinstalling correct my problem??

about 2 months ago i installed mandrake linux 8.0 however due to my current internet setup (dial up upsteam, and cable downstream) i was never able to get it configured properly so i gave up untill i could change to an all cable isp...well that day is tomorrow!!! what i would like to know is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justchillin
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed problem - replacement string should be same length as matching string.

Hi guys, I hope you can help me with my problem. I have a text file that contains lines like this: 78 ANGELO -809.05 79 ANGELO2 -5,000.06 I need to find all occurences of amounts that are negative and replace them with x's 78 ANGELO xxxxxxx 79... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amangeles
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking invoice number not correct

hello, I have the following script to check the invoice number is in order or not. However, it cannot show out the correct information. My expect output show below and I would like to only list out the NOT IN SEQUENCE inovice number (not included "ok") #!/bin/sh start=1 for file_number in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem in appending the correct log

Hi All, I have a perl module TrxLog.pm and following are codes in it #!/usr/local/bin/perl package TrxLog; %log_begin=""; %log_end=""; %log_msg=""; %log_start_time=""; %log_end_time=""; $ix=0; @arr_msg=""; if (! -e "TrxLog.txt"){ open (TRX,">TrxLog.txt"); }else{ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

string to number problem

Hi actually what happen i have taken a value from database table and stored in variable and that value is 20100601 000000 but this value is stored as string value in database table so after storing this value in variable a when i did operation on this a variable like a=`expr ${a} +1` i m... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing number in bash (number is in form of string)

I have a txt file as database. when i run my program what it does is it ask me for 3 name and stored in the file as name1:name2:name3:1 when u enter 3 name it add those in file as above format and add 1 at the end. I what i want is if i enter same names again it changes that 1 to 2 and so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not showing the correct string...

Scripting GURU, I have written a ksh script to get a number from a file and attempting to input the number into the sendsms output script.. But i am finding that ONCALL_NUMBER is showing as $ONCALL_NUMBER as the output for the TO:$ONCALL_NUMBER@sms.info.com message and not as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Concatenate a string and number and compare that with another string in awk script

I have below code inside my awk script if ( $0 ~ /SVC IN:/ ) { svc_in=substr( $0,23 , 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) { msg_arr=$0; } } else if ( $0 ~ /^SVC OUT:/ ) { svc_out=substr( $0, 9, 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya123
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Getting correct port number from process id

Hi All, i am trying to find the Jobss port number(either default port number or any other port number assigned) from the running process id. But it's giving me multiple port numbers when searching with netstat command. Can someone help me in finding the correct port number from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
3 Replies

10. Programming

Python : Problem with " TypeError: float() argument must be a string or a number "

Hello ! I'm creating a CGI which allow to display graph from some data. The datas looks like : 2020-01-13-00-00,384.00,350.00 2020-01-13-06-00,384.00,350.00 2020-01-13-12-00,384.00,350.00 2020-01-13-18-00,384.00,350.00 2020-01-14-00-00,384.00,350.00... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tim2424
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)