Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Increment ABC-123 by 1!!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Increment ABC-123 by 1!! Post 302320640 by shamrock on Thursday 28th of May 2009 12:47:20 PM
Old 05-28-2009
Then why not post in the the correct forums "Shell Programming and Scripting"

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make ABC into "ABC" ina file

suppose u have a file ABC CDF ADF FDG HAA AHH AHA so output shud be like "ABC" "CDF" "ADF" FDG " "HAA" "AHH" "AHA" (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String start with ABC

Hi, How to find out the words starting with ABC in a file (K shell) I dont want the word having ABC in middle of any string. Thanks Subrat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subrat
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl:string substitution Pattern: ='abc...',

Hi friends, I want to substitute "a ='....'," with ":" in everywhere in a string using Perl. Details: ---------- my $str= " c1='fgfasfgasggfgff.,akhkhahha', c2='bbbn', c3='hg5 sh' "; Required o/p: $str= " c1:c2:c3 " I tried as below: $str=~ s/=\'.*\',/:/g ; print "str=... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niroj
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is difference between ./abc.sh and . abc.sh

Hi Friends I have one shell script abc.sh If I run it ./abc.sh and . abc.sh , then what is the difference.. Thanks Joy:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsjoy2u
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace 'abc' with 'xyz'

Hi everyone I am new to unix . i got struck up with small issue. i have text file something like this abc 'xyz' '5' pqr 'lmn' '6' i want to replace abc 'xyz' '5' with abc 'tyr' '9' but i know the key 'xyz' based on the key 'xyz' i want to replace please help me . its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijayaragavan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

get value between <abc and > by perl, awk

Hi Everyone, cat 1.txt a <abc b vfff c 000> d 4444 the output is: <abcvfff000> by using perl or awk, can get the value betwee "<abc" and ">", assume 1.txt has lots of those tags, so the output can filter out all those values. Please advice. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

egrep 'TextToFind' certainSubFolders/*.abc

Hi, I'm trying to do the following and can't figure out how to achieve it. On my computer there are a number of folders called 'program' at various levels. I would like to search for these folders (that are below my current level) and then use egrep to search for a string within files that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: js8765
6 Replies

8. AIX

Rootvg /abc file is full

In rootvg /abc file is full,I want to increase,but there is no free pps,how will u do it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramraj731
1 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				    CPANPLUS::Shell(3perl)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell - base class for CPANPLUS shells SYNOPSIS
use CPANPLUS::Shell; # load the shell indicated by your # config -- defaults to # CPANPLUS::Shell::Default use CPANPLUS::Shell qw[Classic] # load CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic; my $ui = CPANPLUS::Shell->new(); my $name = $ui->which; # Find out what shell you loaded $ui->shell; # run the ui shell DESCRIPTION
This module is the generic loading (and base class) for all "CPANPLUS" shells. Through this module you can load any installed "CPANPLUS" shell. Just about all the functionality is provided by the shell that you have loaded, and not by this class (which merely functions as a generic loading class), so please consult the documentation of your shell of choice. BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic, cpanp perl v5.14.2 2014-09-29 CPANPLUS::Shell(3perl)