Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Any Way to pause/unpause system execution in HP-UX 11.11 and 11.23? Post 302320637 by Perderabo on Thursday 28th of May 2009 12:43:07 PM
Old 05-28-2009
If you're using LVM, you can do "vgchange -Q" to quiesce a volume group. But this doesn't mean that you get self-consistent snapshot. Suppose that a transaction is is progress... you might quiesce the volume group in the middle of the transaction. This objection appies to the pausing technique too.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

system("PAUSE") Problem.....

Ok, here's the situation....I have this code... #include <iostream.h> #include <stdlib.h> int main() { cout << "\nBlah, and Blah\n\n"; system("PAUSE"); return 0; } Now, "system("PAUSE")" gets executed before "cout" does, and I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbolthouse
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to pause another process?

I guess I posted in wrong forum before. How do I pause another process and then restart it on linux? The other process doesn't listen for anything. Thanks for any help you can offer. Dane :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daneensign
1 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

Parallel Execution on Multiple System

Hi All, I am working on a project where I need to execute set of arguments (around 500) on a Simulator. If I execute this on one linux (RedHat 8.0) machine it will approximately takes 2~3 days. Since I am having more linux machines am thinking of executing these on different machines in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 123an
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pause() problems

well is gets stuck and i dont know why....... pid=fork(); if(pid==0) { pause(); write(1,"child",5); exit(0); } else { sleep(1); kill(pid,SIGCONT); write(1,"parent",5); wait(0); } all=1; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IdleProc
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pause a shell script

Hi, I've written a shell script to take photos with my camera. After every picture taken, the picture is transmitted to the computer via usb and then deleted on the camera. But sometimes there's an error and the picture is not deleted and so, after a certain time, the camera chip will be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: McLennon
4 Replies

6. Programming

Problem with execution of fork system call if i use \n

hi all, i tried the following source codes: fork1.c: main() { printf("demo of fork\n"); fork(); printf("hello"); } output: demo of fork hello hello fork2.c: main() (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnirmala
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ring the system bell many times without pause?

I am writing a ksh script in cygwin though it could just as easily be bash and am trying to make an alert for myself where the bell rings many times like print '\a'or echo '^G'except I want it to ping me many times not just once. For some reason doing print '\a\a\a\a\a\a\a\a\a\a'or similar... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: benalt
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pause processes in remote host and resume execution in another remote host

Hi, Given addresses of 2 remote machines, using a shell script is it possible to get the state of running processes in "src" stop all the processes in "src" exit out of "src" ssh into "dest" resume the state of executing processes captured in step 1 in "dest" Assumption: "src" is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saeya Darsan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pause before exit

6) printf "\n GoodBye! \n\n"; exit ;; I am trying modify the above command to pause a couple of seconds before exiting, so a message can be displayed. Thank you :). (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies
VGREMOVE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       VGREMOVE(8)

NAME
vgremove - remove a volume group SYNOPSIS
vgremove [-d|--debug] [-f|--force] [-h|-?|--help] [--noudevsync] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] VolumeGroupName [VolumeGroupName...] DESCRIPTION
vgremove allows you to remove one or more volume groups. If one or more physical volumes in the volume group are lost, consider vgreduce --removemissing to make the volume group metadata consistent again. If there are logical volumes that exist in the volume group, a prompt will be given to confirm removal. You can override the prompt with -f. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. -f, --force Force the removal of any logical volumes on the volume group without confirmation. --noudevsync Disable udev synchronisation. The process will not wait for notification from udev. It will continue irrespective of any possible udev processing in the background. You should only use this if udev is not running or has rules that ignore the devices LVM2 cre- ates. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), lvremove(8), vgcreate(8), vgreduce(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.67(2) (2010-06-04) VGREMOVE(8)