Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to carry-over the script execution to another system Post 302320615 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 28th of May 2009 12:10:37 PM
Old 05-28-2009
Code:
command="hostname; vmstat"
while read ipaddress 
do
     ssh me@"$ipaddress" "$command"
done < ip_file > output_of_commands

Is this what you mean?
where ip_file looks lile
Code:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

stop execution of script with in the script

Hello i want to incorporate of piece of code in the shell script which checks whether same script is already running or not. If it is already running i want to come out (exit) if its not then continue with the execution of the script. Any help would be very much appreciated Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsdev_123
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help on script execution

Hi, Please help me on the below code of line of what it actually does ${Script_dir}/scrip1.sh & export script1_pid=$! ${Scipt_dir}/script2.sh & export script2_pid=$! ${Scrip_dIR}/script3.sh & export script3_pid=$! wait ${script1_pid} //could u tell me wht this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sussane
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script 'system' linking to local shell script not working

Trying to figure out why this works: printpwd.pl #!/usr/bin/perl use CGI::Carp qw( fatalsToBrowser ); print "Content-type: text/html\n\n"; $A = system("pwd"); $A = `pwd`; print "$A\n"; ^^actually that works/breaks if that makes any sense.. i get the working directory twice but when... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script from another script if system date was reached

I what to find a system date in a shell script and search for it in a file in specific record. If the record (ENDC) has the same date I what to execute another shell script. Here is example of the file: Can someone please help me with this ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lenora2009
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script in system() call and want the script's output

Hi All, I have a script(sample.sh) displaying the output of "dd" command. Now i am using this script in system() call as, system("sh sample.sh") in an application file. I want the output of system("sh sample.sh") in the application file itself. How can i get it? Many thnaks.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: amio
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Execution

Hello all, I generally get 6 or more files at location /usr/example.Files listed below er 1 2 3 9.txt er 2 2 3 9.txt er 3 2 3 9.txt er 4 2 3 9.txt abc.next del pa.txt cr ad.txt ps tr as er.txt Now the issue is i need to transfer 2 files (one file is fixed called abc.next) at a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH using shell script terminates the script execution

Hello, I am writing a shell script in which i do ssh to remote server and count the number of files there and then exit. After the exit the shell script terminates which i believe is expected behavior. Can some one suggest me a way where even after the exit the script execution resumes. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manaankit
2 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

invoke one script based on previous script execution

I am database guy and not very good at shell scripts. I am seeking help to sharp my script coding. I have 5 scripts 1. master script. I use this one to call other four scripts to do database work. 2. db_backup_1 and log_backup_1 3. db_backup_2 and log_backup_2 in master script, I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Script on Solaris spawning 2 processes for one shell script execution

Hi, I am having a shell script on Solaris 10 which has a while loop as shown below. #!/usr/bin/ksh # while do sleep 60 done Name of the shell script is coldcentric.sh. I executed script /DATAWAREHOUSE/LOAD/Scripts/coldcentric.sh from a command task in Informatica worklow as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chekusi
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)                                                BSD General Commands Manual                                               SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project