Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to zip the files date wise --urgent Help needed Post 302320440 by lcschandu on Thursday 28th of May 2009 04:27:35 AM
Old 05-28-2009
Need to zip the files date wise --urgent Help needed

Hi all,

this is my first post, i need to write a script to zip the files with datewise below are the log files.

-rw------- 1 root sso 85316156 May 24 22:11 core_test_smservaz_104_104_1243217459_8896
-rw------- 1 root sso 90413304 May 25 22:12 core_test_smservaz_104_104_1243303895_20912
-rw------- 1 root sso 86430300 May 26 22:11 core_test_smservaz_104_104_1243390261_3526

Need to zip the previous date only, Current date file should not be zipped.

Please help me writing script..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

urgent help needed!!in copying files to /tmp at boot time,pls help!

Hi all, I am trying to boot a an OS from RAM...(its a opensolaris based distro) For this i have picked up 2 key lib files that when copied to /tmp and mounted to respective places will do the job.. The sizes of these files combined comes upto 600mb.(i have 2gb ram) Now i have also located the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zip files by date

Hello, I need to create a bash script file that zip files. The obj is : the script enter into a directory, see all directories, and zip the files by date ( the script is for managment of logfiles ), exemple: in the directory there is just files following the name "ex090210" (yymmdd ), so i need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joinup
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT: Script/Function needed to read text property files in block wise

Hi, Iam in a need for a script/function in KSH where I want to read a text file (property file) in block by block. Here is the example: Heading Name Descripton Block Block1 Value1 Description Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysreenivas
7 Replies

4. Solaris

delete files by date wise

Hi guys, I want to delete files from june 13 to june 30, using rm command can any one tell me the sintax to remove. I ahve hunderd of core files in my /var dir. so i want to clear last month core files. Thanks in Advance.:)) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with Date Range and Zip it

Hi all, I am using the below script which display the files in the folder with the date range we specify. I want to add extra functionality that, The listing files should be zipped using gzip. I tried to add exec gzip at the last line but it is not working. Suggestions please. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokiak810
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read files by Server Creation date wise?

Hi All, I would have many files in the server with xyz*.dat -- Static file name Physical files: xyz1.dat - 01PM xyz2.dat - 02PM xyz3.dat - 03PM In present version we are using for f in $file_name do fname=`ls $f | grep -v ^'\|'$ | sed s/' '/'\\ '/g` .... sqlldr... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dharv
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract count of string in all files and display on date wise

Hi All, hope you all are doing well! I kindly ask you for shell scripting help, here is the description: I have huge number of files shown below on date wise, which contains different strings(numbers you can say) including 505001 and 602001. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: VasuKukkapalli
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Csv files sort by date and zip monthly

Hi, I'm an absolute beginner in shell programming. I would need a script for a NAS that makes the csv files sorted by date and always monthly a zip. In the current month, the data should be integrated into this folder, so there are only monthly files. Thanks for your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pipo
1 Replies
ZIP_SET_DEFAULT_PASSWORD(3)				     Library Functions Manual				       ZIP_SET_DEFAULT_PASSWORD(3)

NAME
zip_set_default_password - set default password for encrypted files in zip LIBRARY
libzip (-lzip) SYNOPSIS
#include <zip.h> int zip_set_default_password(struct zip *archive, const char *password); DESCRIPTION
The zip_set_default_password function sets the default password used when accessing encrypted files. If password is NULL, the default password is unset. If you prefer a different password for single files, use zip_fopen_encrypted(3) instead of zip_fopen(3). Usually, however, the same pass- word is used for every file in an zip archive. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion 0 is returned. Otherwise, -1 is returned and the error information in archive is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
zip_set_default_password fails if: [ZIP_ER_MEMORY] Required memory could not be allocated. SEE ALSO
libzip(3), zip_fopen(3), zip_fopen_encrypted(3) AUTHORS
Dieter Baron <dillo@giga.or.at> and Thomas Klausner <tk@giga.or.at> NiH January 3, 2011 ZIP_SET_DEFAULT_PASSWORD(3)