Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 32 bit MySQL on x86 64 bit?
Operating Systems Solaris 32 bit MySQL on x86 64 bit? Post 302320318 by RobertSubnet on Wednesday 27th of May 2009 04:43:34 PM
Old 05-27-2009
Quote:
The x64 ( as sun calls it ) runs on 32 bit x86 machines. It has both 32 and 64 bit kernels.
Reborg, thanks! I did not know it came with both kernels. I assume during the install it will as which you want to install?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is the solaris v9.For.x86 64 bit

Dear everyone: Could you tell me where is the 64 bit's solaris v9.0. :p (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arwang
2 Replies

2. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

3. Solaris

looking for eclipse for SOLARIS 10 x86-64 bit

Hi, I am looking for eclipse for my solaris 10 x86 64 bit. No luck and haven't found the download yet. It is required when I install WLS 10.3. Of course one no need to use eclipse and you can always use workshop. Does anybody please know where can I download the software. Thanks, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aa_monster
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Switch to 64-bit kernel on Solaris x86

I know this is probably a dumb question, but all of my Google and forum searches have been coming up empty. I mostly work with SPARC. How do you switch Solaris on x86 from 32-bit to 64-bit? When I do a uname -a on a newly installed machine I get "SunOS XXXXXXX 5.10 Generic_144489-17 i86pc i386... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Upgrading java on solaris 10 x86 32 bit

I have java installed on my solaris 10 as /usr/jdk/jdk1.5.0 , but i need to install Weblogic for that i need -- JDK Sun Java 2 JDK 6.0 Update 05 with the Java HotSpot™ Client and Server VMs (32-bit) and all later service packs of 6.0 How can i upgrade my java for this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jain_sharad143
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
Session::Lock::MySQL(3) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Session::Lock::MySQL(3)

NAME
Apache::Session::Lock::MySQL - Provides mutual exclusion using MySQL SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Lock::MySQL; my $locker = Apache::Session::Lock::MySQL->new(); $locker->acquire_read_lock($ref); $locker->acquire_write_lock($ref); $locker->release_read_lock($ref); $locker->release_write_lock($ref); $locker->release_all_locks($ref); DESCRIPTION
Apache::Session::Lock::MySQL fulfills the locking interface of Apache::Session. Mutual exclusion is achieved through the use of MySQL's GET_LOCK and RELEASE_LOCK functions. MySQL does not support the notion of read and write locks, so this module only supports exclusive locks. When you request a shared read lock, it is instead promoted to an exclusive write lock. CONFIGURATION
The module must know how to connect to your MySQL database to acquire locks. You must provide a datasource name, a user name, and a password. These options are passed in the usual Apache::Session style, and are very similar to the options for Apache::Session::Store::MySQL. Example: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::MySQL', $id, { LockDataSource => 'dbi:mysql:database', LockUserName => 'database_user', LockPassword => 'K00l' }; Instead, you may pass in an already opened DBI handle to your database. tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::MySQL', $id, { LockHandle => $dbh }; AUTHOR
This module was written by Jeffrey William Baker <jwbaker@acm.org>. SEE ALSO
Apache::Session perl v5.12.1 2008-01-08 Session::Lock::MySQL(3)