Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Left join on files using awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Left join on files using awk Post 302320277 by devtakh on Wednesday 27th of May 2009 01:35:04 PM
Old 05-27-2009
Code:
awk 'FNR==NR{a[$1]++;next}{if($1 in a)print $1,"Found"; else printf("%s%s\n", $1,OFS)}' OFS="," B A

-Devaraj Takhellambam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Join 2 files with multiple columns: awk/grep/join?

Hello, My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, I have had a look at several threads but I am still confused how to use these functions. I have two files, each with 5 columns: File A: (tab-delimited) PDB CHAIN Start End Fragment 1avq A 171 176 awyfan 1avq A 172 177 wyfany 1c7k A 2 7... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: InfoSeeker
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Left Join in Unix based on Key?

So I have 2 files: File 1: 111,Mike,Stipe 222,Peter,Buck 333,Mike,Mills File 2: 222,Mr,Bono 444,Mr,Edge I want output to be below, where 222 records joined and all none joined records still in output 111,Mike,Stipe 222,Peter,Buck,Mr,Bono 333,Mike,Mills 444,Mr,Edge (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stack
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to join two files with awk.

Hi, Unix Gurus, I need to compare two file based on key value and load result to different files. requirement as following: file1 1, abc 2, bcd 4, cdefile2 1, aaaaa 2, bbbbb 5, ccccckey value is first column for both file. I need generate following files; records_in_1_not_2.txt 4,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
6 Replies

4. Programming

LEFT JOIN issue in Mysql

I have a data table as follows: mysql> select * from validations where source = "a03"; +------------+-------+--------+ | date | price | source | +------------+-------+--------+ | 2001-01-03 | 80 | a03 | | 2001-01-04 | 82 | a03 | | 2001-01-05 | 84 | a03 | | 2001-01-06... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

left join using awk

Hi guys, I need to use awk to join 2 files file_1 A 001 B 002 C 003 file_2 A XX1 B XX2 output desired A 001 XX1 B 002 missing C 003 XX2 thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: g1org1o
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk - join multiple files

Is it possible to join all the files with input1 based on 1st column? input1 a b c d e f input2 a b input3 a e input4 c (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

left join using awk

Hi guys, I need AWK to merge the following 2 files: file1 1 a 1 1 2 b 2 2 3 c 3 3 4 d 4 4 file2 a a/a c/c a/c c/c a/a c/t c c/t c/c a/t g/g c/c c/t desired output: 1 a 1 1 a/a c/c a/c c/c a/a c/t 2 b 2 2 x x x x x x 3 c 3 3 c/t c/c a/t g/g c/c c/t 4 d 4 4 x x x x x x (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: g1org1o
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk join 2 files

Hello All, file1 A1;B1;C1;D1;E1;F1;G1;H1;III1;J1 A2;B2;C2;D2;E2;F2;G2;H2;III2;J2 A3;B3;C3;D3;E3;F3;G3;H3;III3;J3 A4;B4;C4;D4;E4;F4;G4;H4;III4;J4file2 III1 ZZ1 S1 Y 1 P1 None NA III2 ZZ2 S2 Y 3 P2 None NA III3 ZZ3 S2 Y 5 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikus
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join two files using awk

Hello All; I have two files: File1: abc def pqr File2: abc,123 mno,456 def,989 pqr,787 ghj,678 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mystition
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join, merge, fill NULL the void columns of multiples files like sql "LEFT JOIN" by using awk

Hello, This post is already here but want to do this with another way Merge multiples files with multiples duplicates keys by filling "NULL" the void columns for anothers joinning files file1.csv: 1|abc 1|def 2|ghi 2|jkl 3|mno 3|pqr file2.csv: 1|123|jojo 1|NULL|bibi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yjacknewton
2 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)