Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: find and replace problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find and replace problem Post 302320271 by allrise123 on Wednesday 27th of May 2009 01:22:52 PM
Old 05-27-2009
thanks for reply..

Actually this is not my actual file... this is just dummy file which i created just to ask my query... anyways i will try your suggestion..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find and replace

Hi In our html pages, we have the image path as "/dir1/dir2/image.gif". We are changing the location of the image directory. So now we wish to do a global search and replace the path. I think we are having trouble with forward slash character. Please help Thanks in advance Vikas a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas_j@hotmail
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find and replace

I have statement like this column_id.columnname=="value" in unix i want to modify above statement to variable1=="value" that means i have to replace the string before "==" by string "variable1" second catch is, in statement instead of "==" you can have any arithmatic comarision... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahabunta
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and Replace

After running a command like grep -ir files2/ * This will find all the files that contain "files2/" in it. For example if it finds files2/dir/today files2/dir/yesterday files2/dir/2daysago Now it may find 100 instances, so is there a quick find and replace command I can use? I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and replace

Hi, I am trying to do this find and replace in unix and somehow its not working. TR|20080325|22952 |000000040|20080327|0530 TR|20080417|23078 |000000104|20080418|0530|1040001 | I have the records coming in the above format. My requirement is if delimiter count is not 8 then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_418
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace problem

i have a script that will find a certian pattern and replace it with blank space #!/bin/ksh for i in `cat test.txt | grep "UTILINET" | cut -c 172-191` do perl -pi -e 's/$i//g' test.txt echo "Completed" done the command gives some of the below strings 50032E1B ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Replace Help

New to change change 10 to 45 its a first line in the file. "15/10/2009 00:00:00"|DATA|NEW (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Replace

Need to convert echo "7 6" to $7,$6 But the count of numbers can increase say echo "7,6,8,9" tried this didn't work echo "7 6" | sed 's/\(*\)/\1/' But did not help much (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace

In a directory I have many XML files, how to search for the string <text>You are here</text> and replace it with <text>YOU Are HERE</bc-text> in a unix command find . -name "*.xml" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace

Hi Team, one silly issue. but its not working for me. I need to find a pattern a file and replace it with the given value in another file. Here's the code snippet. Search_String=100 Replace_String=151 cat ${work}/temp_${CSV_File} | sed 's|"${Search_String}"|"${Replace_String}"|g'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace

Hi, I have a variable which holds the below value: echo $FROM_DIR /fsg/fgldevu/fs_ne/inst/FGLDEVU_01/logs/appl/conc/out/o14946708.out I want to change the value in the variable as below: out/o to be replaced with log/l .out to be replaced with .req The desired output should look like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prasannag87
5 Replies
xcb_glx_get_mapdv(3)						   XCB Requests 					      xcb_glx_get_mapdv(3)

NAME
xcb_glx_get_mapdv - SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/glx.h> Request function xcb_glx_get_mapdv_cookie_t xcb_glx_get_mapdv(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_glx_context_tag_t context_tag, uint32_t target, uint32_t query); Reply datastructure typedef struct xcb_glx_get_mapdv_reply_t { uint8_t response_type; uint8_t pad0; uint16_t sequence; uint32_t length; uint8_t pad1[4]; uint32_t n; xcb_glx_float64_t datum; uint8_t pad2[8]; } xcb_glx_get_mapdv_reply_t; Reply function xcb_glx_get_mapdv_reply_t *xcb_glx_get_mapdv_reply(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_glx_get_mapdv_cookie_t cookie, xcb_generic_error_t **e); Reply accessors xcb_glx_float64_t *xcb_glx_get_mapdv_data(const xcb_glx_get_mapdv_request_t *reply); int xcb_glx_get_mapdv_data_length(const xcb_glx_get_mapdv_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_glx_get_mapdv_data_end(const xcb_glx_get_mapdv_reply_t *reply); REQUEST ARGUMENTS
conn The XCB connection to X11. context_tag TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. target TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. query TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. REPLY FIELDS
response_type The type of this reply, in this case XCB_GLX_GET_MAPDV. This field is also present in the xcb_generic_reply_t and can be used to tell replies apart from each other. sequence The sequence number of the last request processed by the X11 server. length The length of the reply, in words (a word is 4 bytes). n TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. datum TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. DESCRIPTION
RETURN VALUE
Returns an xcb_glx_get_mapdv_cookie_t. Errors have to be handled when calling the reply function xcb_glx_get_mapdv_reply. If you want to handle errors in the event loop instead, use xcb_glx_get_mapdv_unchecked. See xcb-requests(3) for details. ERRORS
This request does never generate any errors. SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
Generated from glx.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_glx_get_mapdv(3)