Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to remove comma from the last line of the file Post 302320236 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 27th of May 2009 11:41:42 AM
Old 05-27-2009
Code:
sed  '$s/,$//' filename

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove whitespaces between comma separated fields from file

Hello all, I am a unix dummy. I am trying to remove spaces between fields. I have the file in the following format 12332432, 2345 , asdfsdf ,100216 , 9999999 12332431, 2341 , asdfsd2 ,100213 , 9999999 &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinbjoshi
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remove unnecessary comma from file

HI all, I have a file with following data - test1 "ABC,D",1234,"XYZ,QWER",1234 "SZXA",9870,"ASD,QWERT",234 "XZ,SD",9478,"ADCS,AXZ",876 "WESR",8764,"AQZXAS",9888 "WESR",9898,"WESDRTSAW",3323 I need to get rid of unnecessary commas in fields having double quotes. Ouput - ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumeet
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find c28 to next comma in line of log file

I have somelogfile.log where I'm trying to find only the numbers which would start at c28 on the third line from the bottom and end at the next comma, so for somelogfile.log: bunch of text - 0, some other text - 123 or bunch of text - 123, some other text - 192831923 where I want either the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep after the first comma till the next comma in a line

Hi Can any one pls tell me how to grep this line POPULATION,69691,20120509 I want the number 69691 from the above line. How to grep from the first comma till the next comma. Thank You.:confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxg
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove First Char from Line in File Only if it's a comma

I have a file, I need to remove the first character of each line, but only if it's a comma. I don't want to delete any other commas in each line. Trying cat or sed but I really don't know them very well, would love some help. This removes the first comma, but it removes the first comma no... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cynthia
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Remove comma as last character in end of last line of file?

how to Remove comma as last charector in end of last line of file: example: input file --------------- aaaaaa, bbbbbb, cccc, 12345, ____________ output file : ----------- aaaaaa, bbbbbb, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can we remove comma from end of each line ?

Hi, How can we remove the comma from the end of each line. I have a csv file in below format. file.csv Name,age,gender,location, Joel,18,M,Newyork, Monoj,21,M,Japan, Litu,23,M,turki, Expected o/p file1.csv Name,age,gender,location (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Litu19
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add a field separator (comma) inside a line of a CSV file

Hi... I can't find my little red AWK book and it's been a long while since I've awk'd. But I need to take a CSV file and convert the first word of the fifth field to its own field by replacing a space with a comma. This is for importing a spreadsheet of issues into JIRA... Example: a line... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tawpie
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove comma from first and last line?

Hi Gurus, I need to remove comma from first and last line. I tried below code, but no luck. It only remove first line. Gurus, please help. awk -F"," '{if(NR==1||NR==$NR) print $1; else print $0}' TEST sampe file: ABC HEADER TOTAL RECORDS ARE 2.00,,,,... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
13 Replies
rmm(1)							      General Commands Manual							    rmm(1)

NAME
rmm - remove messages (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
rmm [+folder] [msgs] [-help] OPTIONS
Prints a list of the valid options to this command. The default settings for this command are: +folder defaults to the current folder msgs defaults to the current message DESCRIPTION
The rmm command deletes the current message from the current folder. You can specify messages and folders other than the current ones by using the +folder and msgs arguments. The current message is not changed by rmm, so a next will advance to the next message in the folder as expected. If you have defined a component rmmproc: in your file, then instead of simply renaming the message file, rmm will call the named program to delete the file. The rmm command removes messages by renaming the message files with a preceding comma. Many sites consider files that start with a comma to be a temporary backup, and arrange for cron(8) to remove such files once a day. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine your Mail directory rmmproc: Program to delete the message FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
rmf(1) rmm(1)